Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Yi 2K hardware mod

Hi!

I needed to capture still pics in sync with my 4 Yi 2k.
    Shutter with wifi was slow and not in sync, so I decided to go inside the cam, and add a small pcb to control it.

With this Pcb, I can power up/down the cam, press shutter, and detect if the shutter led is on or off.

Wow! Looks very cool. What is it based on?
    Donate here if you want to support my efforts and this site.

Email me if you have any offers, requests or ideas.

Comment

On the pcb, there are 3 optocouplers, and the Kicad project is available here : https://github.com/Stefal/V4MPod/tre...ad/Yi%20remote
      You could find some other Kicad projet on this repository, for the arduino and the raspberry.
      I still should upload the latest one used with the bike:

Comment

My next goal is to add more Yi 2K to make a complete spherical picture. Perhaps upgrade from 4 to 8 cams with a narrower lens to get a better picture quality.

But I still have some problems :
        - The Yi 2K are slow, I can't take images with an interval lower than about 1.4 milliseconds (with a 8 MP resolution)
        - The Yi 2K doesn't store the "subsectimeoriginal" exif tag. With a "time resolution" of only 1 second, it is difficult to make a good geolocalisation of the pictures.

I don't understand why a lot of (or all) action cams don't store this subsectimeoriginal exif tag. My life would be much easier with this millisecond information.

Comment

Working...
        X