External mic wiring for V50 Pro, Firefly 8SE, Campark V30 etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• External mic wiring for V50 Pro, Firefly 8SE, Campark V30 etc

Hi, while browsing google this site seems to be the only potential one with knowledgeable geniuses who could answer my question.
    As per the camera models in the title, ALL of these provide external mic support. The problem is, they ONLY work with their own microphones. I.e. if you want external mic for an Akaso, you must buy the Akaso mic.
    Since nearly all mics are just two wires then soldered to a mini/micro USB or 3.5 jack, surely the manufacturers of these cameras are simply wiring one lead to a USB pin which no other mics have, as a cheap way to ensure ONLY their mic works with their camera.
    So im asking has anyone ever tried modding or reverse engineering the official mics, so that ANY 3rd party mic will work just by using a resoldered USB plug?

An example of this is here:
    https://youtu.be/AJgEuIUuEeE

Thanks

Hi

5-pin miniUSB and microUSB have only 2 pins for mic-in. Probably signal and ground pins could be swapped. 10-pin miniUSB is more complicated and can be used for both mono and stereo mic-in (a resistor is inside the connector to let the camera know if it's mono or stereo source).
    Donate here if you want to support my efforts and this site.

Email me if you have any offers, requests or ideas.

Comment

Working...
    X