Firefly 8s brick for 3 batteries on waterproof case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefly 8s brick for 3 batteries on waterproof case

Good Morning . I have made a small "invention" to be able to put 3 batteries in the underwater box of my Firefly 8S, (also valid for models that use the same box).
    Problem: We don't see the screen during recording.
    1) buy-get the "Standard Backpack Backdoor kit" for Gopro 3 and 4; Wallapop Spain has several sellers at low prices, (the unopened package); mine were worth 15 euros with shipping.
    You can also buy them separately:
    Reference numbers:
    a- dive 40 meters> 445-04331-000 revb
    b- skeleton> .......... 445-04330-000 revb
    c-touch> ............... 445-04332-000 revc
    Attention: there is a backdoors "dive 60 meters" but I think it is for the old model of the gopro 3 and the size does not fit well.
    With the backdoors "b" and "c" surely some of you make an invention; anyway the o-rings they bring are from gopro and I will use them in another underwater box that I have, they have very good quality
    2) you have to remove the 2 rubber pads that the diving backdoor brings so that it closes well with the 2 batteries inserted there; they fit very very fair, but it closes well.
    3) make a parallel electrical connection of the 3 batteries so that the voltage does not increase.
    The cables must be very thin because they have to enter-exit through the rounded area of ​​the battery, (there is a small space between the camera and the battery. Each one that experiences the best way of mounting ..... I don't I am very handyman or electrician ..... hahahaha.
    We can also put only 2 batteries making a connection to the camera, without putting 1 battery inside, (I don't do that).

For what 3 batteries? ...... to put on a drone, bicycle, car .... I need them for my sport: spearfishing ..... I don't mind not seeing the screen and I need more minutes of recording.
    It is clear that you can put another kind of small battery that fits there ..... Any assembly example?
    I leave you the photos of the camera with the backdoor and the assembly that must be done ... ... ideas are welcome.
    Let's see if I can soon test the tightness of the box with that backdoor at sea.
    Regards.

postscript: for outdoor use with bikes, drones, etcsss .... better the backdoor "skeleton" that has 3 holes to breathe .... if it won't get too hot
    Last edited by Genarofotografo; 05-30-2020, 02:08 PM.

A questions for electricians or handymen: if I solder the wires to connect in parallel the 3 batteries .... when charging one of the batteries will the others also be charged? , can I have a problem?, better not to solder them and charge the batteries separately?
    Thank you

Comment

• nutsey
      nutsey commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm not sure if battery internal charging controllers can handle parallel connection. The best solution could be using battery balancing method with one multichannel balancing charge controller for all three cells. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battery_balancing

Thank you so much, Nutsey ..... always so attentive to solving our problems.
    I'm going to do a test: I will assemble the 3 batteries in parallel, empty, and I will put one in the charger .... we'll see what happens.
    Then I will separate them and test them one by one on the camera to see if the load is 100%

Comment

Working...
    X