Firefly x action cam, custom mod firefly x firmware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefly x action cam, custom mod firefly x firmware

Anyone here has firmware mod to upgrade bitrate firefly x...maybe can increase to 100 MB/s. ...??
    I am new here..I hope I get the firmware here..the original firmware has not good enough quality video..

​​​​​​Maybe I can share here the firmware original to modify here..if someone can do it..

Originally posted by Hakim View Post
    maybe can increase to 100 MB/s. ...??
    Is it 90/70/50 Mb/s for 4K60 in stock firmware?
    Donate here if you want to support my efforts and this site.

Email me if you have any offers, requests or ideas.

Comment

Is it 90/70/50 Mb/s for 4K60 in stock firmware?

The quality is set to superfine..but the result is always at 60 MB/s...that's number not enough to get good quality video...

For me..how to push above 100 MB/s for 4k 24/25/30 fps..

Comment

http://www.hawkeyefpv.com.cn/About.aspx?ClassID=35

This link for stock firmware firefly x

Comment

• nutsey
          nutsey commented
          Editing a comment
          Here you are: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dizfz55ry9...MOD01.zip?dl=1

Bitrates for superfine are 100 Mbps for 4k30/60/24.

I don't have a Firefly X camera to test it. So, make sure you know what you are doing when flashing this (or any other) custom firmware. Please don't try it if you don't know how to unbrick your device in case something goes wrong.

• javialbox
          javialbox commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello friend nutsey , what software do you use to modify the firmware of the Firefly x? I want to modify some parameters. thanks

• nutsey
          nutsey commented
          Editing a comment
          I use a custom software tool. It has no public releases at the moment. What kind of modifications do you want to apply?

• javialbox
          javialbox commented
          Editing a comment
          Well, for example, in the last 2 versions of Firmware, I think the Wi-Fi channel has a high number (Asian countries) because neither the mobile nor the PC detects it, I have to put an older version. And some more fixes to improve. The truth is that the software is not very refined ...

• javialbox
          javialbox commented
          Editing a comment
          https://prnt.sc/139ddhx
          nutsey you can upload or improve the quality 1080p 60fps, only record at 45kbps maximum

a. Delete all the files in MicroSD card , and then copy update file to MicroSD card“Firefly_X_FWUPDATE_V1.bin”.

b. Put MicroSD card into camera and power on.

c. Switch to system menu: Version.

d. Press OK button to check the update firmware, if detected firmware is right, select “yes” to update.

e. Once confirmed, camera will update automaticly.

f. It will take 1 minutes to update. When update finish, it will power on.

g. Delete firmware update files.

If goes wrong...should I flashing back to original stock firmware?...

This is metode that I know..

Comment

• nutsey
          nutsey commented
          Editing a comment
          Everything should be fine unless you battery discharges during flashing. So, charge it to 100% before trying.

Yeaa... increase between 80 to 100 MB/s target 100 MB.

Is working ...
        is this same between pal / ntsc setting with 100 MB mod?..or only for ntsc?..

Can you mod for 1080 p as well..target 120 MB/s..

For 4k 60p it seem perfect 100mb, but I can't get distortion correct and stabilizer on..if it modify to get distortion correct and stabilizer on, it will be unstable ?..

Comment

• nutsey
          nutsey commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry. I can't reply any of your questions as I don't have this camera to try anything you mentioned.

thanks for this...
        if you don't mind, just increase bitrate again for 1080 p 24p/30/60/120 p At 100 MB/s... .that's it..
        this day want to test the result for my video...

Comment

The mod version only for 4k.

And this screenshot is for 1080p..and you can see it only get 45 MB /s..

Comment

Originally posted by Hakim View Post
            Yeaa... increase between 80 to 100 MB/s target 100 MB.

Is working ...
            is this same between pal / ntsc setting with 100 MB mod?..or only for ntsc?..

Can you mod for 1080 p as well..target 120 MB/s..

For 4k 60p it seem perfect 100mb, but I can't get distortion correct and stabilizer on..if it modify to get distortion correct and stabilizer on, it will be unstable ?..

iirc Firefly X supports IS up to [email protected], on stock firmwares at [email protected] IS should be unavailable and not sure FW can be modded to enable IS at [email protected] Don't think chipset has enough processing power to do stable [email protected] with IS enabled, even if this somehow could be hacked guess chipset would be freaking hot to do [email protected] IS on decent bitrate, someone corrects me if I'm wrong.

Comment

Working...
            X