This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hacks already available here.

Just wanted to post in this forum too so more people can see that this camera can already be customized.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/thread...amdroid.20507/

Hopefully they will find this via google and come up with cooler stuff or leak the source (that should be ours because of GPL).

What about creating a simple guide for Allwinner V3 FW modding?
    Donate here if you want to support my efforts and this site.

Email me if you have any offers, requests or ideas.

Comment

Not a bad idea. Don't know how to start since its just unpack, ida edit, repack. I broke most of it out in the posts but I don't know how clear it is to someone unfamiliar with allwinner.

Comment

I believe reversing something with IDA is Greek to an ordinary user.

BTW do you have any idea what 'tdf_coeff' is for?

Comment

time domain filter? right now ida is the only way, or at least a hex editor.

Comment

could be, noise filter is separate though.

0, 0xA, 0x80 ; isp_iso_100_cfg.denoise_coeff

0x20, 0x18, 2, 0x12 ; isp_iso_100_cfg.tdf_coeff

I can turn it to 0s and see what happens.

It might be the 3d denoise parameter from here:

https://github.com/skoperst/android_..._iso_param.ini

Comment

Have you tried to turn it off? Does it make any difference?

Comment

I turned all the coeffs to 0 for 100-800 iso. Didn't have much hope since I already turned off the other NR before. The new module is now showing me some details. The old mod would probably become a noisy mess.

60fps
                Click image for larger version

Name:	60FPS.jpg
Views:	2524
Size:	153.5 KB
ID:	183

30fps

Name:	30fps.jpg
Views:	2454
Size:	164.5 KB
ID:	184

That 60fps is a cruel joke on the new module. I should try to leave normal NR on and 0 the TD filter. I think it over exposes, exposure compensation likely doesn't work because brightness is +5, contrast is -5 and exposure is way way up there.

I think this is the exposure target: 0x9A ; isp_iso_400_cfg.expect_lum

60P with only TDF

Name:	60FPS-OnlyTDF.jpg
Views:	2427
Size:	150.2 KB
ID:	185

So now we can see the 2nd number in the denoise also does something.

Name:	60FPS-Denoise.jpg
Views:	2404
Size:	169.9 KB
ID:	188

For iso 100 both first coefficients are 0 but the 2nd number is 0x8 vs 1C
                Last edited by thegamut; 08-10-2016, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Turn off the sharpening and we're finally getting some where... but the bits/pixel fell.

DCD 0, 0, 0 ; isp_iso_100_cfg.sharp_coeff

I did

DCD 0, A, 0x100 ; isp_iso_100_cfg.denoise_coeff

going to try 0x10 instead of A, 8 is not enough.

Name:	60FPSNoSharps.jpg
Views:	2332
Size:	122.9 KB
ID:	190

Without the sharpening, the data rate really falls. This is the 30FPS, 60fps now matched it.

Name:	30fps-nosharp.jpg
Views:	2361
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	191

Sun went away too so that might be causing some issues. It went from 55mbps to 20 for both modes.

Adding back just the 0x400 on the end of the sharpening coef. 30P

Name:	30fps-SomeSharp.jpg
Views:	2338
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	192

I still don't think its as good as the old style module.
                  Last edited by thegamut; 08-10-2016, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Very impressive results. Thanx for sharing!

Originally posted by thegamut View Post
                    It went from 55mbps to 20 for both modes.
                    I wonder if encoder can be switched into CBR or maybe even ABR mode?

Comment

that is a thought. you can turn off the iframe filter, whatever that means in some 4k test code. It can do whatever you can do on an android phone; image effects, yada yada. The recording would have to be engaged by a different program as the sdv app just uses the android recording api but not everything can be patched. I already got 32bit 44.1 wav with tiny record (in one of the /bin) so everything is there; their minigui sucks.

the top thing for me is actually making the YUV stream look good; the video that is being recorded is more or less ok and I think that the hawkview ISP is configured to make it look like crap. I really wish there was a reference configuration better than what I found.

55->20 wasn't the fault of the encoder but the detail disappearing after the sharpening was off.

2k vs 1080P; the difference is noise reduction and sharpening... I can't upload 2k images to the forum tho.
                      http://imgur.com/a/b886D

Comment

55->20 wasn't the fault of the encoder but the detail disappearing after the sharpening was off.
                        That means some kind of VBR is enabled. And encoder lowered the bitrate according to the 'detail loss' after turning off the sharpening filter.

Comment

you've got it. most devices use vbr by default. they pick a QP for each frame and compress accordingly. If the image is good we have up to 100Mb/s of leg room and if it comes to it I can patch where it sets the QP to pick the highest one the whole time. The hardest thing is making the clear image though because of how time consuming the flashing/editing is. Any ideas on how to get a consistent target to film so its not so subjective?

Comment

Any ideas on how to get a consistent target to film so its not so subjective?
                            I'm pretty familiar with this trial-and-error type of task as I spent about eight to ten weeks researching Xiaomi Yi action cam and its internal Ambarella SoC autoexec commands.
                            The best target for this in the same time should include really dark and bright areas (in order to adjust shadow/highlight clipping) and plenty of small moving details like leafy trees or a lumpy water surface.

Comment

I tried shooting the same thing outside (as you saw) but the light changes or it gets dark and then I'm at a loss

Comment

Working...
                              X