Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC Camera option forces camera reboot

Hello goprawn members,
    I am experiencing problem with using my Allwinner camera as a PC Camera. When I connect the camera to the laptop i choose the option for PC Camera. The other two options are USB Mode and Charging mode. As soon as I choose the PC Camera option a lens icon appears on the LCD screen, stays for a while and the camera reboots itself. Has anybody experienced the same and is there a fix for this? I already tried using different computers as well as different cables. The operating system is Windows 10 Pro 1909 build 18363.720.
    The info about my camera is:

SoC:
    Allwinner V3
    Product:
    crane-sdv
    Manufacturer:
    zrj
    FW date:
    Camera name:
    V3
    Version:
    LCD model:
    gc9305
    LCD resolution:
    320x240
    Sensor model:
    imx179

Please make and share your firmware backup file via cloud storage such as dropbox dot com. We can analyze the firmware and then try to find a suitable replacement firmware. Other firmware can be loaded into the camera through PhoenixSuit or a similar tool.

Comment

The link to my firmware backup is here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Yod...ew?usp=sharing

I already tried these two with no luck:The camera boots to the logo and then stops. I reverted to the original one.
      Last edited by solo2002; 03-21-2020, 01:47 PM.

Comment

• petesimon
        petesimon commented
        Editing a comment
        your FW info is written below. you can match at least the sensor and the LCD to other firmware.
        Code:
        SoC:  
           Allwinner V3 
        Product:  
           crane-sdv
        Manufacturer:  
           zrj
        FW date:  
        Camera name:  
           V3
        Version:  
        LCD model:  
           gc9305
        LCD resolution:  
           320x240  
        Sensor model:  
           imx179
        Wifi:
           xradio
        Logo:
           XDV

Thank you! I already tried several ROMs matching both LCD and the sensor. Some were successfully flashed, others not. The last time I had to recover with PhoenixCard since PhoenixSuit could not detect the camera in recovery mode. The successfully flashed ROMs did not help. The PC Camera option never works. Did Anybody find a working solution?

Comment

• petesimon
        petesimon commented
        Editing a comment
        okay. thanks for the info. Could you elaborate on how PhoenixCard software works?

Originally posted by petesimon
      okay. thanks for the info. Could you elaborate on how PhoenixCard software works?
      You need the PhoenixCard software, which is freely available. I used version 3.1.0. You also need a backup version of the ROM as an img file as well as an SD card which normally works with the camera. When started PhoenixCard will show a graphical user interface where one can show the path to the img file using a dedicated button. Then there is a Burn button which will make the SD card bootable and the ROM will be written to it. When the SD card is prepared you need to insert it in the camera and press the power button. This will trigger flashing the ROM. In my case the LCD was powered with no indication on it. In a munite or so the LCD turned off automatically. Then I removed the card and used PhoenixCard to Format it to normal. The camera started normally and is working as usual since then. My Camera was completely irresponsive before the procedure. It did not want to turn on and the the LCD was not turning on as well when pressing the power button. It was also not able to enter Recovery mode and I was not able to use the PhoenixSuit software! Only the power light was blinking once when pressing the power button but without further progress. Using PhoenixCard I managed to recover the camera to its initial state. The procedure is like in the video shown below with the only difference that there was no progress bar when the ROM was flashed but only a white LCD, which eventually turned off when flashing was finished.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKo82AUgbFM
      Last edited by solo2002; 04-11-2020, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Similar model here and same problem! camera reboots itself after choose PCCamera

SoC:
        Allwinner V3
        Product:
        crane-sdv
        Manufacturer:
        zrj
        FW date:
        Camera name:
        NG200W
        Version:
        LCD model:
        g3029
        LCD resolution:
        320x240
        Sensor model:
        imx179
        Last edited by gersonklein; 04-03-2020, 08:55 PM.

Comment

• petesimon
          petesimon commented
          Editing a comment
          is the above text your factory original firmware?

if so, keep that backup. you may need it. and search for a firmware that uses the same Sensor and LCD. There are many firmware files on page 1 and on other pages throughout the thread - https://www.goprawn.com/forum/allwin...?p=130#post130

follow this tutorial. do NOT use ADB software. start at TIME 13:50 https://youtu.be/QrTxFjIiHvc?t=830

• iBoekJr
          iBoekJr commented
          Editing a comment
          ---------------PORTUGUÊS---------------------

Eu tenho a mesma câmera, NG200W. Também apresenta o mesmo problema, de reiniciar quando seleciona a opção "PC Camera".

Algum firmware resolveu o teu problema?

Valeu!

--------------ENGLISH------------------

I have the same camera, NG200W. It also has the same problem, of restarting when selecting the option "PC Camera".

Did any firmware solve your problem?

Thanks!

SoC:
          Allwinner V3
          Product:
          crane-sdv
          Manufacturer:
          zrj
          FW date:
          Camera name:
          NG200W
          Version: