Apeman A77 Allwinner v5-SDV help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apeman A77 Allwinner v5-SDV help

I recently got this Apeman A77 action cam with the intention of using it as a webcam,

But it turns out that they have disbaled the pc camrea function in the firmware... so i did some digging into what the camra is under the hood by using the adb shell i found a file in the /data directory called device_info.lua,

Code:
    /data # cat device_info.lua
    -- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -- Copyright (c), 2001-2016, Allwinner Tech All rights reserved.
    -- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -- file device_info.lua
    -- brief ${DESCRIPTION}
    -- author id: 826
    -- version v0.3
    -- date 2016-10-11

info = {
    screen = {
    width = 320,
    height = 240,
    },
    device = {
    -- 设备名
    device_name = "V5-SDV",
    -- 设备ID
    device_id = 0,
    },
    ntp = {
    -- NTP校时使能标志
    ntp_enable = 0,
    -- NTP端口
    ntp_port = 0,
    -- NTP服务器地址
    ntp_server = "cn.ntp.org.cn",
    -- NTP校时操作时间间隔 单位小时
    interval = 6,
    -- 时区选择
    time_zone = 13,
    },
    uuid = "A5H9X6ZEXT86GJKL111A",
    }
    I was woundering if anyone has any advice on flashing different Allwinner camra firmware onto this device that would allow for PC camra function I did try the backup script that is on this fourm to try export the firmware image but it failed..

I was hopping somone here has encountered this before and could help with flashing some new firmware im willing to write a new script if needs be or looking for a guide/docs on how to go about it

Any information would be very helpful!

i don't have anything useful in regards to that camera for webcam / pc-cam hacking. however we can examine the firmware more if it were saved to a computer. So would you please make a backup copy (dump) of the firmware?

Install USB Android-debug drivers.
    here is a script for Windows with rar5 compression - https://www.dropbox.com/s/1c9r63yxxy...-V316.zip?dl=0
    here is a script for * Linux * with zip compression. Works best in Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, Peppermint, (etc) - https://www.dropbox.com/s/njttfc9c3j...press.zip?dl=0

follow this tutorial video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrhPxpFFMrc - but possibly make exceptions for your camera, because the exact backup process may be different.
    Last edited by petesimon; 05-22-2020, 04:28 PM.

Comment

• Radiocom100
      Radiocom100 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, that was you , I learned on this video. I searched and found this web site from your video. I got the camera a month ago for 25 bucks on eBay.I have a Crosstour ct7000. only 1080p with wifi, This software does not work on it. I use the camera on drones that is all I use them for.

• petesimon
      petesimon commented
      Editing a comment
      Radiocom100
      This software does not work on it.
      What software?

Which camera? - Apeman A77, or Crosstour ct7000?

Did you make a backup copy of the Apeman A77 firmware? - read the "readme.txt" instructions file too.

If your Apeman 77 or Crosstour ct7000 camera is Android+Linux based, try these commands after 'adb' drivers and tool are installed. Open a Windows Command Prompt first, and switch to the folder (directory) where 'adb' exists. After the commands have been done, open the "backup" folder.
      Code:
      adb kill-server
      adb root
      adb remount
      adb pull /dev/mtdblock0 backup/mtdblock0.img
      adb pull /dev/mtdblock1 backup/mtdblock1.img
      adb pull /dev/mtdblock2 backup/mtdblock2.img
      adb pull /dev/mtdblock3 backup/mtdblock3.img
      adb pull /dev/mtdblock4 backup/mtdblock4.img
      adb pull /dev/mtdblock5 backup/mtdblock5.img
      adb pull /dev/mtdblock6 backup/mtdblock6.img
      Last edited by petesimon; 05-23-2020, 11:27 AM.

I have a Crosstour ct7000. I will try it. I have been trying to figure out for 2 days how to put a different slogo and a blogo on this frsby camera. What software do I need

Comment

• petesimon
      petesimon commented
      Editing a comment
      if your crosstour ct7000 or another camera is based on an Allwinner V(x) chipset and uses a kind of Android, then you could use unfex-refex-getfwinfo scripts pack to change the blogo and slogo. >> https://glot.io/snippets/fcg8vyjyyv/...links-list.txt <<

if the camera is based on a Novatek chipset then maybe try to use the NTK tools in the Novatek cams section of this goprawn website.

but first we need to determine which and if any your cameras are allwinner + android and pull a backup copy of the original camera's firmware 👨🏼‍🔬🐧🤖

by the looks of your #1 first post here, maybe the apeman a77 uses a variant of an Allwinner chipset other than "V3" ... such as V316 >> link here https://www.goprawn.com/forum/allwin...allwinner-v316 << or Allwinner V5 >> link here https://www.goprawn.com/forum/allwin...ner-v5-cameras <<
      Last edited by petesimon; 05-26-2020, 05:14 AM.

When I hook to USB to the Crosstour Cam the diver is an iCatchte Acton Cam USB Driver. and It is an imaging device labeled Action Camera.

What size .jpg file is needed to put my own picture on this allwinner camera, every time I do it the picture will be on the display but it want load up. I know it cant be over I think 128kb and I know the software compresses the file to 128kb , I put 320 x 240 from 10kb to 40kb to a 100kb. and I label them blogo and slogo Can't get it to work.

Attached Files
    Last edited by Radiocom100; 05-26-2020, 08:58 AM.

Comment

• petesimon
      petesimon commented
      Editing a comment
      What size .jpg file is needed to put my own picture on this allwinner camera, every time I do it the picture will be on the display but it want load up. I know it cant be over I think 128kb and I know the software compresses the file to 128kb , I put 320 x 240 from 10kb to 40kb to a 100kb. and I label them blogo and slogo Can't get it to work.
      What size .jpg ? >> maybe 64kb each

Changing on/off logo usually requires:
      1. making a backup copy of original firmware
      2. modifying the blogo slogo pictures
      3. correctly building a firmware image
      4. correctly flash loading the firmware image to the camera (-- no brick --)

If your Apeman is based on Allwinner V316 or V5, then I do NOT recommend loading firmware.... because so far until now, people have bricked their V316 or V5 allwinner camera (me too), and nobody has built a firmware image file that works correctly. See post #18 and later posts and expand all comments >> https://www.goprawn.com/forum/allwin...5304#post15304

But for "V3" or "V3s" cameras, we could easily change the on/off logos. Can you share your backup copy of your Apeman firmware via google-drive or dropbox?
      Last edited by petesimon; 05-28-2020, 05:54 PM.
Working...
X