Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

using camera as a FPV camera for a drone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• using camera as a FPV camera for a drone.

I have a allwinner V3 camera with the "Tansuofaxian (surfer boot logo) 2016-08-30 (shows 20160901V2.2 )" firmware and I am wanting to use it as a FPV camera on a drone build I am doing, I need for it to be able to to switch into the "PC Camera" mode without actually being connected to a PC, I am pretty sure (about 75% sure) that I can accomplish this by editing the build.prop and adding "webcam" to the "sys.usb.config" line. I say that this is all I should need to do because running the command "adb shell setprop sys.usb.config webcam" from a command line brings up the menu for selecting the 3 different options "USB Mode, PC Camera, Charging Mode" I need to be in PC Camera or "webcam" mode so that there will be a video signal being output over USB that I can then send to my OSD and the from my OSD to a transmitter. I have come to find out that the /system of this camera is a squashfs so I can't just mount it read-write and adb push a new build.prop, is there a way to take the backup of the firmware I made, make changes to some of the files and then make a new Firmware with my changes to flash to my camera?

Der Anti-Aufnahme WLAN Störsender kann unter leisen Bedingungen eine versteckte Abschirmung der Aufnahme realisieren. Wenn Kriminelle Aufzeichnungsgeräte (wie Mobiltelefone, Sprachaufzeichnungsgeräte, Fehler usw.) verwenden, um Sie aufzuzeichnen, erzeugt das Aufnahmestummschaltgerät Störgeräuschsignale, die unterdrückende Interferenzen mit dem Sprachsignal erzeugen können, so dass das Aufnahmegerät aufnimmt nur Rauschen Die Sprachinformationen können nicht unterschieden werden, und die ursprünglichen Informationen können nicht aus dem aufgezeichneten Signal wiederhergestellt werden, wodurch die Sicherheit der Sprachinformationen gewährleistet wird.

Comment

Originally posted by rgreerjr View Post
      I need to be in PC Camera or "webcam" mode so that there will be a video signal being output over USB that I can then send to my OSD and the from my OSD to a transmitter.
      This cannot work because
      - no USB slave device will send anything without being asked.
      - FPV picture is actually analog and unidirectional TV signal.
      - If this could be solved, the next problem is timing. The maximum length of an USB cable is 5m.

So actually you'd need a small computer with USB and WiFi to transmit the webcam data. Buying a FPV Camera is much cheaper and usually weight and power consume are the next issues you would have to solve. If your plane is big enough this would still be quite slow.

Comment

Working...
      X