Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Allwinner V3/s + IMX179/s, OV4689 and GC2023 action cameras.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got one from Dragon Tourch Vision 3 with firmware dated in Jan. this year.
    However, when used as a PC camera, only 720p is shown.
    I am afraid this kind of 4K action cameras just upscale 720p to 4K, not truly capture at 4K resolution.
    Is it the case or just the limitation of the firmware?

Comment

• petesimon
      petesimon commented
      Editing a comment
      design and limitation of both hardware and firmware. these cameras are worth $10 to $20 USD when sold/purchased in bulk quantities, for example on Alibaba. If you want a good 1080p PC camera, then buy a dedicated PC (web) camera. Real and decent (but not great) quality 4k usually costs around $70 or more $ these days, for example the Eken V50 Pro on Banggood.

• Hi @ all

I bought the action camera Maxxter (ACT-ACAM4K):
    http://www.maxxter.biz/item.aspx?id=9413&lang=de
    I have exactly the same firmware as in Post #488

I need an app with which I can start and stop recording in the background with tasker or Automate.
    The XDV app must be in the Foreground. That isn't possible, because I need my Navigation app in foreground.
    With tasker or Automate I want to start the recordings automatically using gps coordinates.

Do I need therefore a firmware mod for this cam or just a another app?

Does anyone have any idea how I can solve this problem.

Comment

• petesimon
      petesimon commented
      Editing a comment
      these cams have limited remote control. you could try to use the Xposed Framework https://www.lifewire.com/xposed-framework-4148451
      in an Android smartphone and try to find a Xposed 'module' that lets you do as you want with 2 or more running apps in the smartphone.

• The problem of draining the dump

Comment

• petesimon
      petesimon commented
      Editing a comment
      try this -- install adb.exe and ADB drivers first if not already installed. power on the camera normally. connect camera to usb cable to computer. open a command prompt (cmd.exe). switch to the folder that has adb.exe and run these commands in the order shown:
      Code:
      adb kill-server
      adb root
      adb remount
      adb shell
      toolbox
      exit
      and tell me what you saw.
      you should see success' messages... like this.

• petesimon
      petesimon commented
      Editing a comment
      you can contact me directly and chat with me by facebook - http://fb.com/groups/allwinner4kcamerasusergroup/

• got a spots cam 4k30fps made a back up bricked it restored it thanks to this site

the firmware seems to be different than the hardware please take a look
    the lable shows (imx179) the lcd number looks to be different as well
    i will upload the backup next

Comment

• Uploadfiles.io is a completely free file sharing service, upload files without limits, securely & anonymously. The simplest way to send large files, instantly. No signup required, just drag, drop & share.

Comment

• anyway i would like to get the hardware and software to line up but messing with uboot is a little over my head and i could not get Uberizer to support the sportcam to pull/push so info on how to do this would be great thanks for the help i love bricking and restoreing lol makes me jiggle even if i cant restore

Comment

• Hallo, I have this camera, with a firmware called BXY_BFQ0_20171124. So the quality of the video is really poor and doesn't matter the resolution I choose, the format of the video is always the same: 1300x800. The wifi doesn't work: when I activate the wifi on the cam, as soon as I connect it (I have tried both ipad and tablet with smartphone) it flashes with red light (never yellow as it is read in the instructions) and although on the tablet it is indicated that it is connected- with the password that is indicated by the same cam, the app reports an error. I suppose that on the camera there is a wrong firmware. Please, can you suggest me which firmware should I try to flesh? Thank you very much to all of you who will kindly answer me.

Comment

• Hi,
        Thank you for all the great info on these cameras.

I bought this one https://www.gearbest.com/action-cameras/pp_699124.html

It was freezing and not working properly so I thought I'll try to flash the firmware. (They are sending me a replacement so no harm trying.) I made a backup, then flashed a similar one. It finished with OK but it is now stuck in recovery mode.
        I flashed the original img back, it's still stuck in recovery.
        Whenever I connect the camera to the PC, with or without pressing any buttons, the USB Device(VID_1f3a_PID_efe8) gets to be active in Device Manager. Also in PhoenixSuit, when it finishes flashing, it presents the dialog with the Yes / No again, and you could flash it again.
        After disconnecting and inserting the battery, it doesn't turn on - well my guess it turns on in recovery mode, because there is no indication when it is in that mode.
        I also flashed it with PhoenixUSBPro. Same results.
        How can I get it out of recovery?

Oh, fun fact that the original firmware says its version is 2017-08-32 It's not a typo from me, it is the 32nd of August.
        Last edited by Samurai; 09-24-2018, 10:52 PM.

Comment

• petesimon
          petesimon commented
          Editing a comment
          try these steps:
          1. be sure to remove the battery first before doing anything else.
          2. Disconnect any usb cable from the camera.
          3. follow this tutorial video from TIME 13:50 - https://youtu.be/QrTxFjIiHvc?t=830 - but change the procedure just a little for the next step (4)
          4. see the photo below for Phoenixsuit. Before connecting the camera to usb cable, tick on the boxes in Phoenixsuit to show a checkmark symbol
          5. continue to follow the tutorial video

click it for a larger image:

also please share your firmware backup file.

• Samurai
          Samurai commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks.
          It does the same thing.
          The update goes to 10%, then it counts to 27 seconds, it says finished with OK, and then pops the yes/no dialog again.

https://imgur.com/fizv8ut

• SJCAM SJ4000 Air firmwares (thanx Borius from 4PDA for sharing): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1caV...ew?usp=sharing
        If you find this site useful and interesting please feel free to support it by clicking highlighted text links and the banner below.

Comment

• petesimon
          petesimon commented
          Editing a comment
          download all four FW .img files as a 9 MB rar (5) file - http://pc.cd/4SLrtalK
          I used the "unmakeimg" tool and unfex-refex scripts for small_fw tools. Here is info for each of four FW .img files:

Code:
          Product:  
             crane-sl609
          Manufacturer:  
             jiangxiaodong
          FW date:  
          Camera name:  
             4000 Air
          Version:  
             V1 . 0
          LCD model:  
             st7789v
          LCD resolution:  
             320x240  
          Sensor model:  
             imx179
          Sensor modules (drivers):
             imx179
          Wifi
             xradio
          Logo:
             SJCAM
          FULL_IMG.FEX size:
             7798784 bytes
          Source data file:
             camdroid_crane-sl631_7789_175-sjcam_SJ4000Air_v04.img
          Code:
          Product:  
             crane-sl609
          Manufacturer:  
             jiangxiaodong
          FW date:  
          Camera name:  
             4000 Air
          Version:  
             V1 . 0
          LCD model:  
             ili9305
          LCD resolution:  
             320x240  
          Sensor model:  
             imx179
             imx179
          Wifi:
             xradio
          Logo:
             SJCAM
          FULL_IMG.FEX size:
             7798784 bytes
          Source data file:
             camdroid_crane-sl631_9305_175-sjcam_SJ4000Air_v03.img
          Code:
          Product:  
             crane-sl609
          Manufacturer:  
             jiangxiaodong
          FW date:  
          Camera name:  
             4000 Air
          Version:  
             V1 . 0
          LCD model:  
             ili9305
          LCD resolution:  
             320x240  
          Sensor model:  
             imx179
             imx179
          Wifi:
             xradio
          Logo:
             SJCAM
          FULL_IMG.FEX size:
             7798784 bytes
          Source data file:
             sl631_9305_175-sjcam_SJ4000Air_v03.img
          Code:
          Product:  
             crane-sl609
          Manufacturer:  
             jiangxiaodong
          FW date:  
          Camera name:  
             4000 Air
          Version:  
             V1 . 0
          LCD model:  
             st7789v
          LCD resolution:  
             320x240  
          Sensor model:  
             imx179
             imx179
          Wifi:
             xradio
          Logo:
             SJCAM
          FULL_IMG.FEX size:
             7798784 bytes
          Source data file:
             sl631_ST77892.0_175-sjcam_SJ4000Air_v05.img
          Last edited by petesimon; 09-25-2018, 12:41 PM.

• This is for FuriBeeF60. It was faulty for me, but maybe that's a hardware issue.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TjP...ew?usp=sharing

It's from this camera: https://www.gearbest.com/action-cameras/pp_699124.html

Comment

• Originally posted by joepomata View Post
          Hallo, I have this camera, with a firmware called BXY_BFQ0_20171124. So the quality of the video is really poor and doesn't matter the resolution I choose, the format of the video is always the same: 1300x800. The wifi doesn't work: when I activate the wifi on the cam, as soon as I connect it (I have tried both ipad and tablet with smartphone) it flashes with red light (never yellow as it is read in the instructions) and although on the tablet it is indicated that it is connected- with the password that is indicated by the same cam, the app reports an error. I suppose that on the camera there is a wrong firmware. Please, can you suggest me which firmware should I try to flesh? Thank you very much to all of you who will kindly answer me.
          thank you very much for the replays, I supposed the firmware of my camera was incorrect.

Comment

• petesimon
            petesimon commented
            Editing a comment
            hm....?

i think the camera hardware is just poor.

• hy guys!
          Please help me to finish my thesis about:
          Exploring customer needs for action camera stabilizers.
          To complete the questionnaire will take approx. 3-4 minutes.

Thank you very much!

https://goo.gl/forms/mljweMp98Wo2a3f23

Comment

• can't find anything about campark x20 4 k and I need some help as I am new to them and have some troubles my camera after firmware update stopped, is there any chance to make her live again, it is turning on but after freeze and not respond :/

Comment

• petesimon
              petesimon commented
              Editing a comment
              campark x20 http://a.co/d/3XzxJih is most likely not an Allwinner V3 camera, but an Novatek NTK / NT 96660 camera. the video quality is better than Allwinner V3 cams, and stabilization (EIS, gyro) is available.

what firmware file do you put into the camera?
          Working...
          X