Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disassembly guide for V3 cams with two horizontal edges on the front panel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disassembly guide for V3 cams with two horizontal edges on the front panel.

Warning! Some wires inside this type of cams can be soldered rather flimsy. Be prepared to solder it back if it falls off during the teardown.

This teardown guide is for Q6, Q3H, X1, Excelvan Q8 and similar action cams. They are marked as 'iT_X3_V2.x' on the main PCB.

This guide is created using the Q6 action camera.

1. Remove the memory card, open the battery door and remove the battery. Put a case opening tool between the front panel and the main plastic frame. Click image for larger version  Name:	01.jpg Views:	1 Size:	54.2 KB ID:	2616

2. Go through the perimeter. Click image for larger version  Name:	02.jpg Views:	1 Size:	33.3 KB ID:	2617

3. Remove the front panel. Click image for larger version  Name:	03.jpg Views:	1 Size:	41.0 KB ID:	2618

4. Remove the outer lens barrel. Click image for larger version  Name:	04.jpg Views:	1 Size:	26.8 KB ID:	2619

5. Unscrew 4 screws in the corners. Click image for larger version  Name:	05.jpg Views:	1 Size:	60.7 KB ID:	2620

Teardown guide. Part II.

6. Push forward the mainboard assembly until there is a gap which allows to disconnect the LCD ribbon cable.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	06.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	2623

7. Disconnect the ribbon cable using something like a toothpick (avoid using metal as it can damage circuits) and take out the mainboard assembly.

Name:	07.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	2624

8. Unscrew 3 screws marked yellow. Screws, marked red hold the lens assembly in place.

Name:	08.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	2625

9. Remove the power button PCB.

Name:	09.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	2626

10. Now you have full access to the mainboard and the lens glued into its holder. Note, there are two wires between the board and the frame, if your camera has a LED under the lens.

Name:	0A.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	2627
    Last edited by fatcat; 03-06-2017, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Teardown guide. Part III.

Now you can adjust the focus or do any modifications you want. When you’re done, it’s time to get the stuff back.

11. In order to connect the LCD ribbon cable back we need to remove the plastic cover which protects the display and the LCD itself. To do this you need to gently push the plastic piece in the corner.

Name:	0B.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	2628

12. Use your case opening tool again through the perimeter of the back side. Remove The back cover and the LCD.

Name:	0C.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	2629

13. Put the mainboard assembly into the frame.

Name:	0D.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	2630

14. Connect the LCD ribbon cable and insert the LCD to the frame. Put the protection cover back.

Name:	0E.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	2631

To complete the job you'll need to put back the power button PCB, the lens barrel and the front panel.
      Last edited by fatcat; 03-06-2017, 06:15 PM.

Comment

• petesimon
        petesimon commented
        Editing a comment
        thanks fatcat . it is all very nicely done and photographed. this guide most likely works for Andoer and "SJ9000" cameras that have the same button and lights/LEDs layout. for example this - http://www.ebay.com/itm/112190878467
        cheers.

petesimon Yes, the body design is the same. But the PCB color seems to be red, so there might be some differences inside.

Name:	sj9000.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	2635

Comment

Just got my camera yesterday (Banggood) and am reading up on all the cool work you folks are doing. I registered now to say just how great this teardown is. I hope I don't need it... but thanks!

Comment

• petesimon
          petesimon commented
          Editing a comment
          howdy, and welcome. good for you. yeah Banggood, Gearbest and other websites like those are great for many small electronics.
          Before you start tinkering or do a "teardown" of your camera, would you please share a backup copy of your camera firmware?
          You can use a script and video guide, here - https://www.goprawn.com/forum/allwin...?p=259#post259

Step by step video showing how to disassembly and get full access to the lens to focus the image:

Code:
        1- Remove memory card and battery from the camera;
        2- Remove front plastic panel;
        3- Remove lens ring holder;
        4- Remove LCD cover;
        5- Pull out LCD screen and disconnect the LCD ribbon cable;
        6- Unscrew the screws in the corners on the front;
        7- Pull out main PCB board and plastic frame from external case;
        8- Detach plastic frame from main PCB board after unscrewing the screws on the back;
        9- Remove lens locker substance;
        10- Focus lens camera using HDMI, USB or WIFI connection.

Comment

• kenn
          kenn commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the video and the information.

I did find that in my case (HDKing K1) I removed the front panel, then the lens surround ring, and I found that with careful use of a dental pick and small tweezers, I was able to remove enough of the 'glue' or locking stuff to be able to turn the lens easily. I didn't have to do the full disassembly.

I was able to make a visible improvement in the focus, and the new focus position was about 15 degrees clockwise of the original factory focus position.
          Last edited by kenn; 03-19-2017, 07:22 PM.

Originally posted by NMD View Post
        4- Remove LCD cover;
        5- Pull out LCD screen and disconnect the LCD ribbon cable;
        Disassembling a camera in such order most likely will cause the damage (peeling off from the side) of LCD protector film.
        Last edited by nutsey; 03-20-2017, 07:24 AM.
        Donate here if you want to support my efforts and this site.

Email me if you have any offers, requests or ideas.

Comment

Working...
        X