Not sure on this camera brand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure on this camera brand

Hi I recently purchased a camera from EBay not sure what the brand is the item was described as a SJ-8000. Here is a screenshot of the about menu and idea what brand it is and if I can update the firmware?? Sorry if this thread is in the wrong area new to the forums.

Does it show XDV boot logo?
    Donate here if you want to support my efforts and this site.

Email me if you have any offers, requests or ideas.

Comment

Yes it shows Sports XDV

Comment

• petesimon
        petesimon commented
        Editing a comment
        Ebay has many listings for SJ8000 and SJ9000 but they are not real SJCAM cameras.. So this one ss like a generic "F60B", "F60R" (if there is a remote), or "Elecam" camera that has 'Crane' hardware inside. You can likely flash a newer firmware, but be cautious to get the right firmware.
        *** So first make a backup copy of your factory firmware by using the backup script and video here.
        Last edited by petesimon; 04-09-2017, 10:36 AM.

Thanks for the reply... I dont have a remote so Im leaning towards the f60B. Are those firmware available on this forum? What brand are the f60 cameras?
      Last edited by adamhumphrey; 04-09-2017, 08:47 PM.

Comment

• petesimon
        petesimon commented
        Editing a comment
        are you referring to new or different firmware?... the answer is maybe. but first, please make a backup copy of your firmware and share it here...so that we can analyze it and learn what sensor and what LCD your camera has -- follow this guide.
        There is sometimes no brand for F60 / F60B / F60R cameras, except I saw "Tekcam" for F60R and F60

*EDIT* and Andoer AN4000 (with remote) are like your cam.
        http://www.camfere.com/sports-action.../p-d4619b.html
        Last edited by petesimon; 06-08-2017, 01:01 AM.

The firmwares are quite confusing I checked the forum here and found the only firmware with the same dates as mine was a crane firmware mmmm.

Comment

• petesimon
        petesimon commented
        Editing a comment
        just follow the pattern of the naming scheme of the firmware files. For example, look in this order
        1. sensor - imx179, imx179s, or ov4689
        2. camera hardware product - crane, fuxin, ... etc
        3. LCD controller (driver means the same thing, and these are color coded)
        4. firmware date, the first date given
        5. the 'shows' date, the second date given

I found imx179, Crane (blue 'crane' text for Ilitek ILI9341 LCD) (wimius boot logo) 2016-11-25 (shows 20161125V10) to work fine without modding on my generic F60B. This firmware is from a Wimius Q6 I think. Even other Crane firmware with a _different_ LCD driver but same sensor and similar or newer date can be patched so that the right LCD driver will be used for my camera LCD hardware. Extract 'script.bin' data from a firmware that works and that has the right LCD driver, and apply this 'script.bin' data to another firmware of the same product (for example Crane). However, different newer firmware files don't always perform better, but sometimes worse. It's just trial and error.
        Last edited by petesimon; 04-10-2017, 10:52 AM.

No worries many thanks

Comment

I extracted the firmware and then ran some scripts and found out this info

Product:
        crane-sl609
        Manufacturer:
        xiapc
        FW date:
        Version:
        20160914V01
        LCD model:
        ili9225
        Sensor model:
        imx179

Comment

Should I download firmware and upload it up here or is it the same as the other one??
        Product:
        crane-sl609
        Manufacturer:
        xiapc
        FW date:
        Camera name:
        SL609
        Version:
        20160926V01
        LCD model:
        ili9225
        LCD resolution:
        220x176
        Sensor model:
        imx179

Comment

• nutsey
          nutsey commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanx. It's already listed here.

No worries

Comment

Take a look at http://es.hdking8.com/hdking-q3h-3r-...ra-cl_p93.html. At least, this is tha manufacturer, I think

Comment

Working...
          X