Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally, my camera Q5H arrived past Friday ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally, my camera Q5H arrived past Friday ...

Well, I've been little moments of these two days, testing this camera, something not new to you, a lot to me. The video quality, in the highest resolution offered, I think is good, the photos at 16 m is not bad at all.
    I wonder if it is interesting to upload the firmware, if it is interesting or not to do so, because I am not sure that is not already "repeated" and do something unnecessary, by repeated.
    I say this, because I have doubts about the procedure of backup, that is so well explained, but, after doing so, I have to uninstall the ADB card, or not... Can I install it on the same memory card that I use in the camera?....Understand these veterinary doubts, please ...
    On the other hand, not if implementing another firmware, I will get better results in some aspect ..., as I know?
    For example, one thing they advertised on the features and I can't find, an anti-vibration feature, although it may be embedded in the functions...or may be upgrading...
    A reasonable doubt, easy to ask and I think to answer, is why I can not manage the images to 4 K in MP4, with Camptasia, appears all pixelated, slowed down, with extreme color alterations ...when with any video player, until windows app, it is a pleasure to see ...
    Well, if you see this post and believe that this firmware version is worth improving the life of some other forum user camera, I will do my best to share and maybe someone tell me if I can get some improvement with another, or a new one, that if and the help of a friend of mine who is dedicated to computer arts
    Thank you !!!

Hello. Congratulations. Is Cam(p)tasia a video editor software ... https://www.techsmith.com/camtasia.html ? Some editor software is poor or too slow for 4k resolution. Maybe try http://www.openshot.org/ or https://www.shotcutapp.com/ or another similar one.

Your firmware is probably very similar to other firmware that have a similar 201610xx date, and listed under imx179s section, which are written as "Fuxin (skier boot logo)", on page 1, post #8 of the big Allwinner topic thread. If you want to, you're welcome to backup and share your firmware here. You may watch this tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrhPxpFFMrc for the backup process and please browse the Allwinner forums for more information. You can use just one sdcard for backup and for recording video (and taking photos).

Also, I am hoping that your lense is in focus for the scenery that you like to record. If not, there is a tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7pTPUuZT1U for that too. | Cheers mate.

Comment

Thanks for your answer, and much more for the links of the video editors. Yes, cam(p)tasia is one of them, sorry for the "p" that sneaked. Of course I will try to backup my firmware, I have no doubt about it, just to do it wrong, not to brick the camera. The lens is in this case mine, well focused. You are very kind, thanks for everything. I'm going to extend this post a little, in successive days with things that I appear with the camera, perhaps someone neophyte or not understood, as I, find some data yet trivial, interesting for the beginning. I do not have to repeat, that if you find these post misplaced, or in the wrong place, they can change them of course. Thanks again !!!

Comment

• petesimon
        petesimon commented
        Editing a comment
        Welcome. Dont worry about bricking the cam...because the backup process is read-only and data will not be written.

By the way, usually the 4k video from these cams is is not true 4k...one way or another. i recommend to examine the 4k mp4 files in Mediainfo and play the files frame-by-frame in VLC or MPC-HC media player.

Also, an anti-vibration feature is usually not available in these cameras. The lowest priced cam that has anti-shake (gyro) I've seen is something like a Soocoo C30 or SJCAM5000 or Firefly 7s, but I'm not sure.

Lastly, you may also try VideoPad editor. I think the trial version is good enough.

Originally posted by manusol View Post
      The video quality, in the highest resolution offered, I think is good, the photos at 16 m is not bad at all.
      Originally posted by petesimon View Post
      Dont worry about bricking the cam....
      Hi manusol,
      I can confirm that the backup process is very simple. I don't see how you could brick your camera with that. Anyone can do this without any problem.
      Regarding photo mode, can you share one of your photos? Me (and other user) were quite disappointed with the obtained result. The picture quality in video mode (frame image) seems to be much better than the one obtained in shooting mode.

Comment

• petesimon
        petesimon commented
        Editing a comment
        i also don't use photo mode, but instead i have been recording video in 2.7k and get a frame capture as a jpeg, set at 90% or better quality (compression), and the results are alright. if your 4k mode looks okay, you might try a frame capture from that also.

Thanks, I'm excited about your answers, I'll do everything, backup the firmware, and upload some photos, both in shooting mode, as in clipping video mode, but understand, what I have until today, are family matters, I can not pass them now. Besides, fortunately, at this moment, I am busy people, I can do it all throughout this week, as soon as I have free moments. Thank you again, and do not forget this post!!!!

Comment

• NMD
        NMD commented
        Editing a comment
        I think we all suffer from the same problem: no free time

Well, for the moment, I can share this frame of a 4 K resolution video, taken on Saturday afternoon in a peripheral neighborhood of Seville, the light is spectacular here, maybe being critical, the shot is not so good with this camera ... Obviating the distortion of the lenses, what do you think?
      I regret that the link will only be active ten days, attached a post of the image

http://ovh.to/J4gmeeY

Comment

• manusol
        manusol commented
        Editing a comment
        Sincerity is appreciated, as is logical😙😙

• petesimon
        petesimon commented
        Editing a comment
        very bonita beautiful. but when the photo is displayed on a big monitor (or TV), or it is zoomed-in on a small monitor it will look a bit fuzzy and "washed". maybe 2.7k or 1080p video mode looks better

also, can you please share the 4k mp4 video file via cloud storage (not youtube) ... just for examination?
        Last edited by petesimon; 05-09-2017, 05:46 AM.

ja, ja, really bonita.... But is true, it fuzze when zoom....
      Inadmissible for a Canon EOS, but for this article (my wife thought it was a joke, rather than a toy). In a next time, I do some shots expressly, with less theoretical resolution and upload a video of a "colorístic(a)" (I do not say just a "corrida de toros") southern scene ... Thank you

Comment

• NMD
        NMD commented
        Editing a comment
        Vamos, carga algunas imágenes de las corridas en la Maestranza: un verdadero espectáculo de color.

Perdona, NMD, no soy persona amante de este tipo de espectáculo (no por ser veterinario). Respeto a los amantes del mismo, pero no me varas en un evento de este tipo. Aun fuera "la fiesta" como en tu tierra...Portugal, donde no hay sangre ni victima animal...Ademas, he de trabajar y no puedo cerrar y perder dos veces. Así que otras tomas van a ser...recibe un saludo de un Valenciano que vive en Sevilla

Comment

Don't worry manusol, I don't take it on the wrong way.

Anyway, to obtain some means of comparison i upload a picture from my camera captured at 8MPx:
        https://s26.postimg.org/7xonia3yx/8_...2_102052_A.jpg
        (Q3H-2 @ 20160709V03)

Comment

http://ovh.to/nCckAhj (sorry sound is of my family)
          well, this a video test (with sound, the camera is outside of car). It´s a 2,[email protected] fps I want to try all the resolutions, I think someone said better 1080 to 60 fps, to test no? ... it will come another time. I find the colors very suitable and the details worthy. In return, it has "broken" the loudspeaker, has not sounded great in this short space, now, distorts that is crazy, I'm thinking of changing it, by one of a button earpiece, would go well? ... with the surgery of things, I dare. Another thing I do not like, is that if you dries the battery, it lost the hour .... I have seen some videos, of open cameras, that have a button battery inside, this, is it exclusive of more expensive cams, or is that the mine has been damaged or downloaded?.I have not had time yet to back up the firmware, sorry
          Thanks in advance
          Last edited by manusol; 05-15-2017, 09:10 PM.

Comment

• NMD
            NMD commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi manusol
            I think the best resolutions are [email protected] or [email protected] At [email protected] the image is distorted.
            Do not worry, you did not damage your camera. Mine also loses the time settings when I remove the battery.

• petesimon
            petesimon commented
            Editing a comment
            in these allwinner v3 cameras, i usually use 2.7k30fps. in this case, I can scale (down-size) the resolution to 1080p30fps in a video editor if I want to for any reason. The bitrate for 2.7k30fps and 1080p30fps is the same in my fuxin firmware and in some other firmware , about 31 Mbps. Also, in my (fuxin) camera, 1080p 60fps makes video that is too "fast" by 10% and sometimes colors are too "strong" or just not quite right. So when I play it, it looks unnatural.

here are some video sample of mine
            this - https://yadi.sk/d/djAT7SJpyS84R
            and - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kej1utqb7...nEHJp5Pja?dl=0

cheers mate
            Last edited by petesimon; 05-16-2017, 01:32 PM.

Thanks, NMD and petesimon, all coments are very appreciate, I come here to learn. It is a pleasure all that you say, I did not imagine so much documentation on such an economic gadget.
          I find it quite appropriate the colors and image of that video and that day, sunny.But it is true that on some monitors, I find a grid on the side sides that I have in another, more modern (I guess it will be a matter of screen resolution or something.) It can be improved, sure, I hope, I preordered a Firefly 8s, but it is true that is the "double disbursement"...
          On this camera Q5H, today i unmounted to see what happens to the speaker, which sounds at boot, as if the membrane is cracked. Nothing to do, just change it. It have 10 mm of diameter and 4 mm of thickness.
          I ordered this on aliexpress: https://es.aliexpress.com/item/KZ-DI...608.0.0.sQJ9Dm that seems acurate in measures...I hope that for what it costs, it lasts a little longer than the one it brought. It's expensive, much more than the camera, comparatively. If anyone serves him, he'd be very happy. Maybe I will encourage and also change the microphone, but not at this price ...
          Attached Files
          Last edited by manusol; 05-16-2017, 09:18 PM. Reason: Atached image

Comment

• NMD
            NMD commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi manusol,
            When you say "membrane is cracked", Are you referring the loudspeaker membrane (inside) or the grill metal mesh (outside)?
            When I unmount my camera, I almost damaged this "grill metal mesh".
            Last edited by NMD; 05-18-2017, 08:19 AM.

Hi, they have damaged the inner membrane. From first, never had good sound but from tird day, is horrible. I think we never we will never use the loudspeaker properly to listen to music or videos, but the sound of beginning, it augurs lack of quality and the children ask what happens with ...It is already shipped from china by aliexpress. By the way, it will be rich, as it sells a few, so expensive...

Comment

For the moment, I just climbed the bsckup of the firmaware of my Q5H. Even if they don't have any new to aport, or may be yes, never know. If on the other hand if someone knows some improvement available to do in the mine, I am listening, that if, with the help of a friend, we will try to implement it. Although I have already ordered a Firefly 8s, which I guess will be much better than this, I am delighted anyway with "my first child". If someone wants to see the backup from this post, here I leave it too.
            http://ovh.to/TpLYt6f

Comment

Ok, petesimon, sorry for wrong link. I inmediatly upload where you say....Uhm! but i need do it again, i deleted the backup on my computer, damm I...

Comment

• petesimon
              petesimon commented
              Editing a comment
              haha. funny. "deleted the backup". !?
              then what is the purpose of a backup if you will delete the backup 1 day later!? hehe
              i understand. when i first started using computers MSDOS and Windows 3.1, i had deleted 99% of my disk drive and all data!
              only %1 left was the MSDOS " C:\ _ " haha

yes I got your backup file. thanks.
              see this post - https://www.goprawn.com/forum/allwin...=4140#post4140
              Last edited by petesimon; 05-21-2017, 05:40 AM.
          Working...
          X