Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GeneralPlus camera??

hi guys,
    i have this cheap action cam which connect using the Goplus and might be a GeneralPlus cam with version 20170502 iTE V1.0.
    so my enquiries are:
    1. Can the firmware be upgraded?
    2. I am unable to record long video such as time lapse.
    Thanks.
    Attached Files

Hi, can you put a cam photo? I put one I found in the web and refers to the GOQ M16 Wifi Action Camera is this by chance?

Click image for larger version

Name:	cam.jpg
Views:	2551
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	5284

Comment

• gothness
      gothness commented
      Editing a comment
      hi, yes..mine is black and its exactly like the image ..

Originally posted by gothness View Post
    hi guys,
    i have this cheap action cam which connect using the Goplus and might be a GeneralPlus cam with version 20170502 iTE V1.0.
    so my enquiries are:
    1. Can the firmware be upgraded?
    2. I am unable to record long video such as time lapse.
    Thanks.
    I also have the same query...here is my thread about genplus chipset camera, which i tear it down

Comment

Hi, they could use a custom chip, that is, a low-cost chip company that agreed with the chip maker to buy many of them at low cost to implement the cam.
      The General Plus GPCV1248 chip I noticed they also use it in dashcam on the cars. I think there was an agreement between the chip maker and General Plus to mark the chips and make them personalized. There is nothing on the internet as firmware, you should try to ask the manufacturer if they have developed something. I wanted to ask you to have done all the known attempts to extract the firmware using the methods of another cam action? Let's do some effort, have you tried it?

Comment

• CamNoob
        CamNoob commented
        Editing a comment
        NOPE!!! I do not want to attempt, we need the original firmware first to be programmed on the flash chip itself, to where it cannot be found elsewhere on the internet, I been searching all months prior of having this camera, that after that teardown. I was disappointed seeing that the camera is indeed a general plus chipset..I was hoping it was an ALLWINNER V3 since the face plate categorize it as one of that chipset..but it was not.

On the GOPLUS CAM apps..there is an option of updating the firmware on the fly, but of course we need the right firmware to update it, but since the 1248 chip only allows the maximum resolution and FPS of 1080 x 720p @30fps. what more can u get on this camera. My answer is NONE!!! It doesn't have any accelerometer chip too so there is no way of reverse engineering it to have at least a gyro function or motion detection settings. The time lapse function cannot be done also on this chipset.

it is like a DEAD END to me..

Hi, sorry but I did not understand the problem you had. So you are looking for the original firmware to reprogram it. I try to look for it too, but I try to contact the company and see if it responds by sending the original firmware. I had not read your post before this and did not clear the problem. Let's see if you can contact the company and say something.

Comment

Here is what I knew about the genplus chipset, one an unknown sports camera can connect on the GOPLUS CAM application on play store, It is indeed a GENERAL PLUS CHIPSET..be aware people that they are the cheapest of all sports cam available and when you find it on stores..avoid as much as possible..

They record on MJPEG compression with an AVI extension...It consumes a lot on the storage..

Comment

• gothness
          gothness commented
          Editing a comment
          i bought it cheap and so far am still learning to use it at the best way it can be use.
          it does stuck while connecting using the goplus app and need to remove the battery (switch off).

• diab58
          diab58 commented
          Editing a comment
          It also happens to me that it blocks the wifi with the cams with alliwinner V3 and i have to take the battery off to reset, but i think it depends on the application and the android operating system of the smartphone. You have to test several applications and I have found three stable configurations: finalcam.apk - FN Cam.apk and Fujitso action.apk. All the other I tried gave me disconnection problems or did not recognize the action cam wifi.

• diab58
          diab58 commented
          Editing a comment
          There are genplus chips they used for car dash cams and then they also applied them to doing cam action. They are probably cheap and have large quantities to dispose of. Exactly how do you save the .avi files and takes up a lot of memory space.

• CamNoob
          CamNoob commented
          Editing a comment
          The datasheet of 1248 genplus tells it all..they uses the MJEPG codec and avi extension, we cannot simply reverse it..that's the decoder of the chipset..there is no such thing as reverse engineering it..we pay for it, we use it, we live with it.

If you have problem connecting to the wifi apps, make sure no data enabled on your smartphone. Just turn on the wifi connect to the camera and that is it..Never had issues of hanging, disconnecting, or video problem..

The problem is when playing the clip from the phone with the apps..there is simply no audio whatsoever. But when i download it and store it on my phone sd card..and play it with MXPLAYER video apps, all is good.

• gothness
          gothness commented
          Editing a comment
          thanks guy for the great info and sharing..at least now i know the proper ways in using it.appreciate it alot. am still working on recording video lapse .
          below is the link to my instagram where i posted my video lapse.managed to only have short seconds of video,the length origanlly was 20 minutes but it was corrupted.
          https://www.instagram.com/p/BWUmMJrB...LUsm7MVjllfQ0/
          Last edited by gothness; 07-31-2017, 06:27 AM.

• CamNoob
          CamNoob commented
          Editing a comment
          gothness

what is the status of your time lapsed saga with that genplus chipset?

attach is the link from my instagram..im using the camera for video lapse which i recorded for 20 minutes,however only manage to get this short length ,the rest of the video is corrupted so need to be cropped.

Comment

• petesimon
          petesimon commented
          Editing a comment
          no link (?) to your instagram. I'm curious to see
          but maybe could you please upload your photos to an geek/nerd image hosting website like www.imgur.com or www.postimage.org
          and upload your video files to google-drive or dropbox for us too view.

guys,click the link with / gothness/..thats the link ..i hope so..hehehe
        Last edited by gothness; 08-02-2017, 06:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X