Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blue color crush, Q3H-2, V3S (as per banggood)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue color crush, Q3H-2, V3S (as per banggood)

Hi, I'm new here...
    I come with a problem with camera crushing blues, pic. attached. Quite annoying. Same thing happens on a blue sky especially in 2.7 (last used) or 4k (never use it, but tested). Distortion has a regular pattern of tiny squares on a regular grid, for underwater appears mostly on the sides when light is low, can be also visible while filming clear blue sky in full light daytime etc. so it is not low light related. Seems like blue is the cams least fav. color. It is least visible in 1080p but still, blues are often crushed and the grid-like pattern appears. Any suggestions, updates or tweaks?
    Firmware 20160505V03, model:none, manuf:none. This is last years Ebay purchase.

PS. on a second thought... I can see on attached pic even deeper blue bottom right and not crushed... looks like sensor is "sizzling" in these areas with particular color temp or frequency. On a blue sky the pattern also appears on top of the picture. Did I buy a lemon? or is it correctable...?

Seems 2.7 and 4K are just upsampled 1080p or are they...(?) (...less "in your face" oversharpening, looks a bit finer in higher res.).
    It's on Ebay (from a diff. seller) sold as SJ9000 4K Full HD Sports Camera but with EYOYO logo on the facia. Essentially same item.
    http://www.ebay.ca/itm/SJ9000-4K-Ful...4AAOSwHoFXts8o
    Last edited by abprox; 09-11-2017, 08:32 PM.

Hi,
    This moire in blues is very common for Allwinner cams, but seems like it's gone with more recent fw updates. If you want to try (more or less safely) different compatible firmwares you'll need to backup your cam's original fw to reveal the hardware components and to get a chance to return the things back to defaults if something goes wrong.
    Donate here if you want to support my efforts and this site.

Email me if you have any offers, requests or ideas.

Comment

Thanks. Funny could not find any info on Allwinner moire.
      Yep, I will back it up...
      and post it for someone knowledgeable to see and guide me? where?
      Would like to try, just need to know of compatible FW.
      Btw. never liked this FW... menus are less then basic and functions/options cut to bare minimum. Miracle it worked at all...

Comment

• petesimon
        petesimon commented
        Editing a comment
        i call the "moire" a waffle matrix, as if you see a mini malformed blue/black piece of waffle (food) which looks also somewhat looks like a malformed matrix (grid)

• abprox
        abprox commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep, I noticed that too, there is a clear and visible pattern to the noise, higher the resolution stronger the line interference on both sides, on the right being more pronounced... what I called "sensor sizzling" there, looks like baked in.

OK, so here's the link to my backed up FW. Please have a look... https://mega.nz/#!sGxEmThD!u8UsbkSMk...BFNGBXiOLcZ9xk

and this is what I got (any good?):

SoC:
      Allwinner V3
      Product:
      fuxin4k30imx179s-sdv
      Manufacturer:
      fjj
      FW date:
      Camera name:

Version:
      20160505V03
      LCD model:
      st7789v
      LCD resolution:
      320x240
      Sensor model:
      imx179s

Nutsey,
      well, I can see several Fuxin FW for Red = Sitronix ST7789/v... Is this what I should be looking for? Which one of newer ones should fly? Most of them or just some?

btw. did not upload my FW to your server yet as this may be some undesired version, possible trouble for someone... cam works fine, except for heavy blue moire in 2.7 and 4K.
      Last edited by abprox; 09-11-2017, 10:42 PM.

Comment

• petesimon
        petesimon commented
        Editing a comment
        thanks for sharing the firmware! you can probably flash newer imx179s (with 's'), Fuxin, 2016xxxx, st7789v firmware from the big AllwinnerV3 thread on page 1 in post #8. Some 2017xxxx firmware may break your wifi feature. Your wifi is 8189es (but not xradio). Also, you can change the LCD driver name in other firmware to be st7789v before flashing the other firmware.

and here is the info:
        Code:
        SoC:  
           Allwinner V3 
        Product:  
           fuxin4k30imx179s-sdv
        Manufacturer:  
           fjj
        FW date:  
        Camera name:  
            ( EYOYO SJ9000 )
        Version:  
           20160505V03
        LCD model:  
           st7789v
        LCD resolution:  
           320x240  
        Sensor model:  
           imx179s
        Wifi:
           8189es
        Logo:
            Welcome / Goodbye

• petesimon
        petesimon commented
        Editing a comment
        UPDATE - I had a camera from Tomtop very similar to this one, and I flashed a compatible Beike firmware with similar dates and specs, and it works fine. So if you're savvy, you can try some Beike firmware files on your "blue crush" camera

Thanks petesimon, but...
      that doesn't sound too encouraging "can probably flash", LOL.
      Changing the driver name... not sure how to go about that.
      Could you point out FWs that are tried and tested for my type of camera... or is it rather a "ballpark" type of affair?
      Would appreciate help selecting likely ones and pointing out which ones to avoid out of compatible Fuxin FWs.
      What would be your pick(s)?
      Lastly, percentage-wise... what is the likelihood of irrecoverable flush error/failure? What are my chances?

Cheers.

PS. I understand nutsey mentioned "known" moire issue for my type of camera. Can anyone elaborate on that? How well known was that, (checked several movies/pics and could not see it) is FW flush likely to address it? Has it been done for my particular issue/camera before? which FW was used?
      Last edited by abprox; 09-13-2017, 01:08 PM.

Comment

• petesimon
        petesimon commented
        Editing a comment
        not sure what firmware's work good for your camera. i think you must try some Fuxin firmware's yourself.
        I have a Fuxin cam from 2016, so my picks would be firmware from 2016 but a later month and day/date, and same sensor and same wifi.

what is the likelihood of irrecoverable flush error/failure?
        there is no such thing. this cam and other Allwinner products can always be recovered and flashed again and again without a problem.

I understand nutsey mentioned "known" moire issue for my type of camera. Can anyone elaborate on that? How well known was that...
        I'm not sure, but see this link:
        https://www.goprawn.com/forum/allwin...=5458#post5458

follow this video tutorial...for the flashing procedure.

Last edited by petesimon; 09-15-2017, 04:04 AM.

• abprox
        abprox commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks petesimon. Good news it can be recovered easily. But after NMD post I start doubting if this is FW fixable. Looks more serious... HW issue. I may try though.

I have a similar camera bought at Banggood. I noticed the existence of these patterns when using 1080p at 60fps. At [email protected] I have no problems:

EDIT:
      Now I noticed that the blues really have some problem.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQ7PjlEe3iI
      I have not used camara often. Must be why I had never repaired on it XD
      Last edited by NMD; 09-14-2017, 11:16 AM.

Comment

NMD, good eye...!!!
        I watched several and never spotted it (not enough blue in these samples, I guess) but in the video you mentioned from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQ7PjlEe3iI 4.50 to at least 5.20 it is clearly and distinctly visible, in the same areas as in my cam (left and right side of picture, just like I marked it on my pics) right side being lot more pronounced!!!. Undoubtedly camera's fault. Since it is repeatable on diff. cams I doubt if this is FW fixable, unless, by sheer (un)luck it is the same faulty production batch. Mine was also bought last year, so it is not unlikely. At 5.06 when watched in regular YT window it shows clearly on the right side as line interference. Either some fatal FW programming or, (more likely IMO) hardware issue. I could not imagine that pixel processing in these areas would be any different then in the center...
        It can be also seen at 1080p 30fps as slight darkening and pixelation/moire but pattern is not that clearly discernible.
        Contacted my seller and they said my pics will be forwarded to manuf. for examination... wondering if it's BS or they really meant it.

Pic below is from YouTube video mentioned above and shows the distortion. Same spots as my cam.

Click image for larger version  Name:	capture1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	150.7 KB ID:	6637
        Last edited by abprox; 09-16-2017, 01:48 AM.

Comment

I've always wondered if the sensors in these cams are defective and that is why they can be sold for so cheap. Every IMX179 cam I've tested has it to some degree. Some worse than others.

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	135.0 KB ID:	6867
          1080P sample from the Q3H. It is very visible in the video.

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	297.9 KB ID:	6868
          Worse yet when you look at the 2.5K video (and still photos). I was wondering WTF was wrong (and I actually returned the cam over this thinking it was defective.

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	504.0 KB ID:	6869
          Close crop from a photo of a MGCool Explorer Pro. It's not as bad but it is still there. Not as pronounced as the Q3H was in video but it is still visible even at 1080p30

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	774.0 KB ID:	6870
          It is very minimal on the Furibee F60, but still visible as subtle noise if you look closely. It only subtly visible in 2.5K and above.
          Last edited by DrekiTech; 10-06-2017, 07:02 AM.

Comment

• abprox
            abprox commented
            Editing a comment
            You mentioned IMX179. Have you found other cams that have a cleaner image worth a look?

Yep, that's the problem, possibly the answer why they are so cheap. There are some major shortcuts chinese manuf. have taken here, be it hardware AND software. Image processing is pretty crappy and is clearly visible on stills. In case of Q3H-2 the image falls apart on both sides, only the center is acceptable. Bumping resolution to 2.7 or so called 4K reveals it, in all its ugliness. I just wonder who specifically makes this stuff, what particular factory, as they all hide behind pretty anonymous sellers and "Made in China"... Encoding is basic at best, and most, if not all, are kinda usable only in 1080p. Higher res is really bad. Have not received any response from my seller despite their assurances. Truth is, in terms of support, all China made cams are disposable. Either you buy, test it and keep it as is, or send it back right away, due to no support afterwards. Forget FW updates etc.
          My advise, buy, see if you like action cam world, and if you do, buy yourself a better cam like GP. Almost all China made cams I've seen are pretty crappy, Q3H or Q3H-2 (mine) being the worst of all, at least in my view, good only for just most basic stuff. Still deliberating FW upgrade, but even here there are no indicators which FWs are good and which are not, which will improve what (if anything) and which spell only trouble. This is a trial and error in its purest form without any roadmap, no FW ratings or success track records, improvements accomplished etc. (if any), something to improve here. You have, say, 5 FWs to choose from and no slightest hint as to what could be expected. Considering variations in HW, you fix one thing... to find something else fell apart from what I read. Pretty damn tough.
          Last edited by abprox; 10-09-2017, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Petesimon, how did you get wifi module info? GetFWinfo v.4 does not display that.
            There is a FW flash procedure video... but is there a written version of it (hard to verify steps, you have to rewind a video... very slow paced).
            It's good to see steps but written version would be better. Anywhere?

Also, how do you customise a FW image? (editing-replacing welcome/goodbye screen jpg's, replacing incompatible modules etc.)
            Last edited by abprox; 12-20-2017, 11:23 PM.

Comment

• petesimon
              petesimon commented
              Editing a comment
              how did you get wifi module info?
              run 'getfwinfo.bat' file and later ... manually open the folder path squashfs-root / vendor / modules and "xradio" files or 8189es file will be there.

you can download a full copy of most videos from youtube by using https://keepvid.com or http://www.savido.net and play the mp4 video file locally. and then the rewind might be better.

sorry, but i don't have time for other answers...

OK. Finally something. I have received FW update, branded Eyoyo, for my camera together with upgrade procedure (FW dated 2 months later then the original one). Truth is, after upgrade my problem is still unresolved, got to be a hardware issue.

Simple upgrade procedure for my Allwinner camera:

1. Format the card. Copy your update file (full_img.fex) onto it. Insert into the camera. Turn it on.

2. Go to Settings, Cog Wheel Menu, Firmware Version screen.

3. Press the "up" button for ca. 5 sec. Let the button go. Message will pop up: "Upgrade file detected, upgrade?" "Confirm" or "Cancel". "Confirm".

4. Upgrade process will start with the progress bar. It will take about 3-4 min. After successful update camera will restart itself.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by abprox; 12-23-2017, 10:46 PM.

Comment

petesimon commented
              Today, 12:26 PM
              UPDATE - I had a camera from Tomtop very similar to this one, and I flashed a compatible Beike firmware with similar dates and specs, and it works fine. So if you're savvy, you can try some Beike firmware files on your "blue crush" camera

Hi,
              thanks petesimon. That would mean that your cam had the same hardware as Beike. Which one was that? Any links to both...?
              What particular FW matched your cam and WIFI/display module? Can you say it was identical to my specs as posted above?

THX.

Comment

• petesimon
                petesimon commented
                Editing a comment
                i said "similar to this one" meaning similar to Q3H-2 that had Fuxin inside. Just match dates and specs as close as possible.
                I don't have the cam since some weeks ago because I gave it away to a friend.

see this post #4 and all comments (click the arrow to expand comments)
                https://www.goprawn.com/forum/others...=8427#post8427
            Working...
            X