Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AEE LYFE SHADOW C1 (Ambarella A12+ IMX078)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AEE LYFE SHADOW C1 (Ambarella A12+ IMX078)

Hi again im looking for help for my new action camera AEE LYFE SHADOW C1 .After testing the camera I faced one issue. When i am recording in lower light with 30fps in any resolution no matter which 4K 1080p 960p. The video is starting to flickering i don't know why probably is some software problem because the recordings in 60fps or 100fps are without any problem. The problem is starting when i move the camera to different light condition (darker or lighter). In good light condition i don't have any problem. Do you know what is the problem ?
    IMPORTANT***Do you know how can i make a backup of the camera firmware and can i test other or update my current firmware on my camera? Because i think that Liveman C1is the same camera like mine just with different branding even the package and accesories are the same. I saw that Liveman C1 has slow motion option and the menu is different. Please help I managed to get LOG file and i uploaded it on my post. Please Help
    Attached Files

anyone ? at least tell me how to backup and edit my current firmware

Comment

• nutsey
      nutsey commented
      Editing a comment
      You can try copying mtd blocks via telnet or dump the flash with an spi programming device.

can you give me instructions how can i do that ?

Comment

Finally guys i managed to contact AEE support and i finally got the backup files of the firmware from them. I will share my backup now.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ke6kwc545g...9.bin.rar?dl=0

Comment

and there is an example of my problem with flickering. Only happens when i am recording with 30 fps in every resolution. 60fps 100fps 200fps work fine
        https://www.dropbox.com/s/vzs5f0ahxh...E0010.MP4?dl=0

Comment

• nutsey
          nutsey commented
          Editing a comment
          Seems like it steps one ISO value further than needed for 1 frame when switching between low and high ISO modes.
          Last edited by nutsey; 04-27-2018, 11:08 AM.

Is it possible to fix this by myself i have experience with Alwinner cameras but not with Ambarella because this is my first ambarella camera. I have downloaded some tools from the forum. So any help will be welcomed

Comment

• nutsey
          nutsey commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't think this bug is caused by some wrong settings available to adjust without the access to the source code.

nutsey Is it possible to edit the exposure in the firmware of my AEE action camera? I noticed that my videos are too overexposed. Can you show me the steps if that is possible?

Comment

• nutsey
          nutsey commented
          Editing a comment
          You might try lowering the exposure (EV) value.

@nutsey Where is located that value? Should i need to use AE.exe for editing or something else. I am new to Ambarella cameras i came out from Alwinner

Comment

• nutsey
          nutsey commented
          Editing a comment
          It is 'AE Target' values located in adj_* settings files in ROM section.

dokuzovski by the way, is there an option to check for firmware updates in AEE_Zone app?
        Donate here if you want to support my efforts and this site.

Email me if you have any offers, requests or ideas.

Comment

No, the app is just for remote control

Comment

I have an AEE LYFE Shadow C1 in hands from today. Uploading log-file for nutsey . First of all, the AEE_Zone app DOESN'T WORKING!!! No FW updates, no connection at all with standard wi-fi settings!
            Attached Files
            Last edited by comeoff; 08-15-2018, 02:08 PM.

Comment

• comeoff
              comeoff commented
              Editing a comment
              Also, how can I backup my FW? I have AmbaUSB and TrendVision DirectUSB-III, but I don't know how to get into "bootloader mode". Not any button is working. nutsey (по-братски), need help... Maybe there is an app and/or firmware from Liveman C1, but i can't find it.
              Last edited by comeoff; 08-15-2018, 02:41 PM.

• nutsey
              nutsey commented
              Editing a comment
              What's your fw version?

• comeoff
              comeoff commented
              Editing a comment
              it's F.EA.24

• comeoff
              comeoff commented
              Editing a comment
              I found a programming mode. You must connect camera via USB, then press "CAMERA" button, and press "Power ON" button NOT releasing "CAMERA" button. Can I backup FW now via AmbaUSB and TrendVision DirectUSB-III? Both software detect my cam.

• nutsey
              nutsey commented
              Editing a comment
              I've never used TrendVision DirectUSB-III before. Maybe it is capable to do backups as it has 'Upload' button.

• comeoff
              comeoff commented
              Editing a comment
              "Upload" in DirectUSB also doesn't work. AmbaUsb can "read memory", but I need addresses in hex-code, start and end position.

• nutsey
              nutsey commented
              Editing a comment
              This really does not matter as you can save your device memory dump with a script.

• comeoff
              comeoff commented
              Editing a comment
              nutsey How can I save device memory dump with a script?

• nutsey
              nutsey commented
              Editing a comment
              Could you check if it has telnet access? Connect a PC to your cam's wifi, press win+r and type 'telnet 192.168.42.1'.

• comeoff
              comeoff commented
              Editing a comment
              yes it has. I have "A12 login: " the login "root" is OK, now i have bash ~# shell
              I suppose I can use DD to get full-dump, but i need a working command to do it.
              Last edited by comeoff; 08-16-2018, 03:41 PM.

• nutsey
              nutsey commented
              Editing a comment
              https://www.goprawn.com/forum/ambare...=2385#post2385

comeoff Do you have problems with your camera like flickering on light change ? Btw i have F.EB.10 backup firmware. I contacted directly AEE and they told me that F.EB.10 is the latest firmware available. I had F.EA.24 out of a box but i can not notice some difference in both firmwares

Comment

• comeoff
              comeoff commented
              Editing a comment
              dokuzovski I've just got camera yesterday, haven't tested flickering yet, seems to be allright.
              BTW, the latest version of AEE_Zone app didn't see my cam if you choose AEE LYFE SHADOW, but it DETECTS the cam after choosing AEE LYFE TITAN profile. Firmware is not upgradable from the app! Can you give me F.EB.10 firmware or you have previously posted it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ke6kwc545g...9.bin.rar?dl=0 ?
              Last edited by comeoff; 08-16-2018, 08:57 AM.

• comeoff
              comeoff commented
              Editing a comment
              UPD: On [email protected] i can even see flickering on the screen. See the test video here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1nsvrjs9ev...E0006.MP4?dl=0

• dokuzovski
              dokuzovski commented
              Editing a comment
              comeoff same as mine. That happens only when you record with 30fps in low light condition. With 60fps there is no problem.
              That link is the firmware file and you have instructions in the readme file. I don't have problems with the phone app it's working when i choose AEE LYFE SHADOW

• comeoff
              comeoff commented
              Editing a comment
              dokuzovski So you're sure F.EB.10 is the latest FW? I would like to backup mine first and then go for a new FW. The AEE support said:
              "Thank you for contacting AEE Technologies, Inc. Currently there are no available firmware updates released for the Lyfe Shadow.
              Please check our websites: www.aeeusa.com or [email protected] AEE's HQ will list future updates when they become available."

OK, flashed the F.EB.10 FW version, it's newer (I'm a little bit dummy, had to see it in getinfo_script). Then, I would like to have a possibility to modify the FW, but first of all - to backup it!
            savebin c:\dump.bin 0xA0000000 l (length) - not working, no such command from telnet
            Please help a little bit.
            Attached Files

Comment

• petesimon
              petesimon commented
              Editing a comment
              the 'savebin' command will not work in telnet because it's a Amba RTOS command. To my understanding, the 'savebin' command saves a dump of what's in RAM memory (or something like that) to a binary file. and you can open the resulting binary file in a hex editor to see whatever.

use a third party text editor like Notepad++ and make a new 'autoexec.ash' file. make sure the file is UNIX line-feed (LF) format. put the code shown below into the file. copy the file to your sdcard, and power on the camera when this sdcard is in the camera.
              Code:
              savebin c:\dump.bin 0xA0000000 l 16777216
              the 16777216 number may need to be smaller or bigger if the 'savebin' command has errors.

see this thread for more info - https://www.goprawn.com/forum/ambare...s-for-a12-cams
              Last edited by petesimon; 08-17-2018, 06:38 PM.

We'd better get an ELF file for this cam before modifiyng anything.

dokuzovski could you please ask AEE guys for one?
            Donate here if you want to support my efforts and this site.

Email me if you have any offers, requests or ideas.

Comment

nutsey I tried several times to contact them but now they don't reply on my messages

Comment

Working...
              X