Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yi 4k (Z16V13L) custom firmware and more

TESTED ONLY ON Yi 4k (aka Z16V13L**).

To control my cam, I prefer to use the station mode of Wi-Fi cause I do not want to switch between wifi tethering and wifi station on my phone everytime I want to use my cam.

I needed a way to unpack and repack my firmware easily, thus I have created python scripts heavely inspired from dji-firmware-tools.
    Get it here : https://github.com/psolyca/Xiaomi_Yi...ba_fwpak_yi.py (only for 4k not 4k+)
    I also modified the script to extract romfs (ROMFS or DSP uCode ) : https://github.com/psolyca/Xiaomi_Yi...ba_romfs_yi.py

Wi-Fi station mode debugged

By the way, the station mode as a bug and never get up and ready.

Here is a release of a modified firmware (1.10.9) with station mode debugged and fixed : Firmware 1.10.9 v0.8

If you want to make your own, feel free to grab a diff and patch your firmware.

This firmware has also the ability to load a script named Wifi.sh on STA.DEBUG or AP.DEBUG folders on the SDCard essentially for debugging purpose (station and AP mode).
    Station mode and AP mode work on 2,4 and 5 GHz freq.
    By the way, if a script called bsa_start_alt.sh is in a folder called BLE.DEBUG, on the SDCard it could be launched in place of the system one (use at your own risk, bluetooth seems to freeze the all cam if the system app are not started.)

Old firmwares
    Copy the firmware on the SDCard and rename it firmware.bin.

More to come...
    • update to 1.10.9 firmware
    • clean uneeded files unless other hardware configuration exist,
    • BT control by phone, do not know if possible,
    • other ?

Github repositories :
    Update :
    • 08/08/18 : Creation of topic

Great work! Well done!

Do you happen to know which Wifi, 2.4 or 5 ghz, uses more power?

And does the Station mode use more power?

This camera can tend to have a heat problem and I do not wish to add to that

Comment

Thanks.

I do not know, I never try to bench each frequence.
      As all apps on Google store use AP mode to connect, this is the mode I use for daily shoot. I use station mode only for debug purpose for know so I did not check power consumption.
      I will later try to use Tasker or an other third party app on my phone to send simple command in station mode, to be able to keep my phone with data and wifi hotspot otherwise wifi take over the data in AP mode.

By the way, I am on my way to configure bluetooth HCI to use any remote as HID but I am stuck on Bluez stack which freeze the cam.

Comment

Working...
      X