SJCAM SJ8 Pro MODx custom firmware.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARGHHHHH!!!! Where can I find MOD4.3??? [/ bangs head against wall]
    In beer there is merriment, in wine there is wisdom, in water there is bacteria

Comment

• Originally posted by RBEmerson View Post
      ARGHHHHH!!!! Where can I find MOD4.3??? [/ bangs head against wall]
      http://videoreg.forum2.net/
      You must register in order to enter the forum.Mod 4.3 isn't released yet,if you want to try 4.2, you must ask Kaliningrad to become a tester.

Comment

• Well, I'm not so sure about MOD4.3:
        Click me MOD4.3 demo is at the bottom of the page
        I went to videoreg, but can't get Translate to translate the registration page into English. Which means I'm effectively locked out.
        Last edited by RBEmerson; 06-03-2019, 03:40 PM. Reason: clarifications

Comment

• TonyHC
          TonyHC commented
          Editing a comment
          How can i post on the forum you linked?I made the registration but i get the message "You have insufficient privileges to reply here"...

• Originally posted by RBEmerson View Post
        Well, I'm not so sure about MOD4.3:
        Click me MOD4.3 demo is at the bottom of the page
        I went to videoreg, but can't get Translate to translate the registration page into English. Which means I'm effectively locked out.
        I am testing firmware revisions to help Kaliningrad.At this moment we are testing 4.2 and sending samples of videos and pictures to Kaliningrad so he can make improvements.He is personally testing 4.3,that is born from improvements applied to 4.2 but none of the testers is using 4.3 now,just him.

Comment

• TonyHC
          TonyHC commented
          Editing a comment
          Ah,ok!

• RBEmerson
          RBEmerson commented
          Editing a comment
          Or link to f/w, of course

• TonyHC
          TonyHC commented
          Editing a comment
          I am not allowed to release the firmware outside the Kaliningrad´s forum

• Video samples of Kaliningrad´s firmware revision 4.2:
        https://yadi.sk/i/qx0NFlw7ecE1qQ 1080 60fps
        https://yadi.sk/i/WnAcImQNubkLQw 4k 30fps

Both filmed with these settings:
        Iso800Max
        Ev +0.0
        Wb Auto
        Color Profile Vivid
        Metering Mode Central
        Gyro Stab. Off
        Sharpness Standard
        Distortion Corr. Off
        Video Quality Fine

Comment

• OK, that sorts out 4.3 vs 4.2. I checked the 1080 video with Mediainfo and... 60 Mb/s! Wowsers!! Time to try that myself. If it works, the SJ8 and I might just become BFF.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyHC View Post

http://videoreg.forum2.net/
            You must register in order to enter the forum.Mod 4.3 isn't released yet,if you want to try 4.2, you must ask Kaliningrad to become a tester.
            Er, and I do that how? It's redundant to say I want 4.2 yesterday at the latest.

Comment

• RBEmerson
              RBEmerson commented
              Editing a comment
              Er, still waiting. Did I miss some step while creating my account?

ADDED: Still no response. Either I didn't do something right, or somehow the wheels have fallen off. I supplied user name RBEmerson Can you check on this or should I try again to register? I'd PM this but PM's aren't an option here.
              Last edited by RBEmerson; 06-05-2019, 01:48 PM.

• TonyHC
              TonyHC commented
              Editing a comment
              Did you see in your "unwanted email" (i don´t know exactly how to say it in english)?
              Anyway, i have just contacted Kaliningrand asking him to fix your problem...
              Last edited by TonyHC; 06-05-2019, 05:08 PM.

• TonyHC
              TonyHC commented
              Editing a comment
              I´ve just got an answer from Kaliningrad...He says he can´t do anything because email with passwords are auto-generated.He suggest to check your spam folder,and if you can´t find anything,you must repeat the registration using a different email address.

• TonyHC Registering on the SJCam forums should be all that's needed. There is a test area that's open by invitation, but I referenced the "anybody can post" area. It's possible some mod needs to approve registration, but I don't recall that being the case while I was an active mod. The scattered topics and posters shows this is "anybody and his cat can post here (if registered)".

Comment

• RBEmerson
              RBEmerson commented
              Editing a comment
              That's very, very weird.

Even weirder, I tried to create a new user name for you (TonyHC is in use - You used TonyHC, right?) and I can't see the Captcha image to get the account set up (I guessed past it).

SJCam has always been odd, but this is new.
              Last edited by RBEmerson; 06-05-2019, 07:49 PM.

• TonyHC
              TonyHC commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes,my username is TonyHC.Anyway don´t go mad about that,it is not a big problem

• Majestic
              Majestic commented
              Editing a comment
              Try using google chrome or a different browser to register and make sure all areas of info. are filled in. I had to make multiple attempts to get in. try using a different username add numbers,etc. Mod 4.2 breathes new life into this camera up to par with the Sony FDX,. Increased bitrates and the over-exposure of light/contrast has been vastly improved. The saturation could be decreased a few notches but thats no biggie.. too bad we cant send PMs

• I might have missed this if it has been brought up before, but I notice just today that after downloading Nutsey's 4.0 MOD I have lost the zoom functions on the camera. As in they don't display no matter how I camp on the screen, tapping slowly or quickly. Nada, nothing. Anyone else come across this, and does it matter?

Comment

• Bump - Any news on 4.2?

Comment

• Picture samples of Kliningrad's firmware revision 4.3:
                https://yadi.sk/i/aEgjnSWFaUfkqQ
                https://yadi.sk/i/yPpqURK-U1kNTA
                https://yadi.sk/i/eBda7ZqsF2U_WA

Settings:
                12M 4000x3000
                Iso Auto
                Ev +0.0
                White Bal. Auto
                Color Prof. Vivid
                Mtering Mod. Central
                Shutter Speed Auto
                Sharpness Standard
                Distoriton Corr. On
                Photo Quality Fine

Comment

• nutsey
                  nutsey commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks for sharing!

• RBEmerson
                  RBEmerson commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Argh!! No 4.2 release and Kaliningrad teases us with excellent 4.3 images. Argh!!!

A thought about high bit rates: faster is nicer, of course; faster means SD's fill faster. Being able to select a bit rate that's an acceptable compromise image quality and SD use would sure be a nice thing to have.

• Hello, I have the issue that my SJ8 Pro doesn't power up anymore at all
                Tried 3 different batteries - all the same.
                Via USB it starts but shut off again after few seconds
                Someone had this problem before?

Comment

• Dumb question , but how do I get MAX ISO to 800? Mine always says MAX600 on the screen

Comment

Working...
                  X