Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sj7 .bin file

Hello, Nutsey:
    My Star writes to only 1.25 gig video files, can you point me to the lines where I can change the file size to 4 gigs or more and modify with notepad++
    Mike

Hi,

Are you sure video files are limited by the file size, not duration?
    Do you find this site useful and interesting? Please support it by donating here.

Email me if you have any offers, requests or ideas.

Comment

Duration?
      My Yi 4k and 4k+ each allow you to choose " max" setting and they will write upto 30 gig files.
      If I record any length time on the Sj7 there will be many 1.25 or 1.26 gig files with the last one a number of hundreds of MB's
      I just assumed that the fw is causing the chipset to produce these short files. No matter which u3 card I use the result is the same!

Comment

• nutsey
        nutsey commented
        Editing a comment
        There is an option in the A12 SDK: video files can be limited by size or time. The number 1.25 looks not standard, so I suspect that duration limit is used.

Can I change this?

Comment

• nutsey
        nutsey commented
        Editing a comment
        Probably. I don't have an SJ7 cam to verify that.

I found you were correct Nutsey, the camera was in loop mode reducing file size according to time! Sjcam support responded quickly to my support ticket!

Comment

• nutsey
        nutsey commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for informing. What's the limit in minutes?

Nutsey:

I had the loop set on three minutes, so it's clear this Star is different than my original Yi cams where the file size stays the same(4 gig) when in loop setting, but with Yi cam you can't set duration!

Comment

Update:' just checked , you can set the loop duration up to 5 minutes.

Comment

Working...
        X