Andoer AN7000 WiFi/BT lost after firmware update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andoer AN7000 WiFi/BT lost after firmware update

Hello, sorry for cross-posting with DashCam forum, but I was advised up there to post my question here, as it's more likely to get any response.
    Now down to the business, my AN7000 lost WiFi/Bluetooth functionality after firmware update.
    Firmware used in update is poV717-HD91-Normal_AMBA_SO91-170321-V1.0_20170321_1646, flash done via SDCard method.

Is there a way to grab logs from device to see what's going on?
    Also does anyone have stock firmware, maybe reflash to the older one could restore BT/WiFi.

Best regards
    /Xeno

Hi,

I believe it could be fixed with wifi.conf and bt.conf config files.
    Donate here if you want to support my efforts and this site.

Email me if you have any offers, requests or ideas.

Comment

Hi nutsey, any tips? IIRC on the SD card there's bt.conf in MISC folder on SD card, but it seems it gets reset every time CAM is turned on. There's no wifi.conf on the card.
      Here bt.conf looks like this:

Code:
      ##### BT configuration file ##########################################
      ## Empty lines and lines starting with # are ignored
      # UART Device node to be attached as bluetooth device
      UART_NODE=/dev/ttyS1
      # UART Baud rate to download BT firmware, use value 1500000/N
      UART_BAUD=750000
      # Specify HCI driver here, BRCM: brcm, QCA:ath3k, TI:texas, RTK:rtk_h5, rtk_btusb
      HCI_DRIVER=brcm
      #Enable GATT peripheral mode and auto-start advertisement
      GATT_PERIPHERAL=no
      # Customize your own device name (optional)
      DEVICE_NAME=amba-1
      # GPIO pin to enable or disable Bluetooth
      BT_EN_GPIO=48
      #1=GPIO high to enable Bluetooth; 0=GPIO low to enable Bluetooth
      BT_EN_STATUS=0

##### BT 2.1 BR/EDR configuration ##########################################
      # Enable inquiry scan so other devices can find you
      ISCAN=yes
      # Enable page scan so other devices can connect to you
      PSCAN=yes
      # Enable BT Legacy pairing (optional)
      #BT_LEGACY_PIN=0000
      # How long to stay in discoverable mode in seconds (0=forever)
      BT_DISCOVERABLE_TIMEOUT=30
      # How long to stay in pairable mode in seconds (0=forever)
      BT_PAIRABLE_TIMEOUT=30

Comment

After quick goggling the topic, I've tried to make cam dump default wifi config, i've created empty wifi.conf file both in the root of the SD card and in the MISC folder. Both files were ignored.
        bt.conf in MISC is overwritten with default on reboot of the camera.
        Would anyone of the owners of the AN7000 be so kind and confim they've got wifi.conf and post their bt.conf/wifi.conf files (obviously with their SSID/passwords/IPs removed).

Right now i'm a bit stuck.

Comment

With no response from Andoer support, i've made a bold move and flashed cam with ThiEye T5 firmware.
          TI_UN7_180119_V5.0 gave me bluetooth back ( i have the old style remote, new firmware is not compatible with) but no wifi.
          With TI_UN7_180601_V5.1 I couldn't pair cam with remote but wifistarted to work.
          I've dumped both wifi.conf and bt.conf plus qrcode.hex file, reflashed cam with andoer firmware put all the files on SDCard in MISC dir and booted cam. Obviously it made no change cam still is unable to talk with remote, nor offers wifi.
          Comparing bt.conf generated by AN7000 and T5 v5.0 firmwares there's no difference, so my conclusion is it's a firmware bug.

Anyone have stock AN7000 firmware prior to SO91-170321-V1.0_20170321_1646 ?
          Or actually (looking at the filenames and lack of any brand marks in the menu of AN7000) could it be stock Sunco SO91 firmware?
          Last edited by XenoPL; 05-10-2019, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X