Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firefly 8SE corrupted files at 4gb packet size and even when not an auto saved file.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefly 8SE corrupted files at 4gb packet size and even when not an auto saved file.

Firefly 8SE if you continuously record and file gets to 4gb as with all cameras it auto saves that packet, the saved file is corrupt. It has now started producing corrupt files even if I stop recording before the 4Gb packet. Even after I up dated to the latest FW yesterday. (That took a few attempts too.) Another weird bug, if I try and format in the camera (and I have tried loads of good brand cards 10 U3) it crashes when I say yes to format. (THese cards work fine in my SJCam SJ7 Star, THiEYE t5e, GitUp F1 etc.) I have tried many good class 10's U3 cards. I'm on the latest FW. If you try and open in Quicktime you get movie error Bad Atom (in other words it doesn't like the MP4 container) and if you open in Sony Vegas Pro it opens audio only. I have to recode in Handbrake to get it to be useable.

I raised this as query with Firefly and got nowhere. Has anyone else experience this problem.
Working...
X