Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SJCAM SJ8 - Recording Limit

All,

This seems to be the place for answers as the SJCAM forums get limited support from the company.

I've had this issue since purchasing the SJ8 - on all versions of FW including stock through 1.3.0, Nutsey's 4.1 and Kallingrad's 3.5 (haven't got PC for 4.2 yet).

The issue - it records for approximately 5 minutes then stops and starts again right away, effectively chunking one video into multiple 5-minute segments. With it hooked on my hang glider, it's obviously something I can't just "stop and check" so I ran tests over the weekend.

It didn't matter if I had a U1 Sandisk card or a U3 Samsung card - same result across the board. With the resolution set at 4k Ultra 30fps, or 1080 Ultra 60fps, it didn't matter... video is always chunked into bite-sized pieces.

Any suggestions to end up with a single, complete recording short of stitching together all the sections post flight?

if you're saying that you find many mp4 files on the sd card and each file amounts to about 5 minutes of video, that's probably normal. one session (one single press of the shutter button) of video recording should be segmented into 5 to 15 minute chunks on an action camera because of bumps, damages and power drain/loss so as not to lose the video that had been already recorded.

I think on SJ8 Pro, there is a setting called "File Size" when you push the magic wand on the screen. Try to set it to "20 Minutes"

Stitching together video files is fast in Avidemux http://fixounet.free.fr/avidemux/ by dragging 'n dropping a sequence of video files on top of Avidemux and click 'Save'.

Comment

Working...
    X