Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PEBA D80 Dashcam Firmware editing possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PEBA D80 Dashcam Firmware editing possible?

This is a repost of THIS thread over on dashcamtalk. I was redirected to this forum. Maybe someone can help?

I brought THIS dashcam recently. Its called PEBA Dashcam D80.

I saw the "Ambarella A7" marking on the dashcam casing. I don't what it stands for but after googling I found a thread about Ambarella A7 firmware editing and a tool for it. Doe's anybody own this can and/or knows if firmware modding on this model is possible?

I want to change the time offset which is used when I manually want to store an event. In this case I can press a button on the dashcam and the video would be stored permanently on the sdcard. The only big downside is that only the last 10 seconds BEFORE I pressed the button are stored (and 50 seconds after the button press). So it can happen that the interesting moment isn't stored because I pressed the button to late. I want to adjust this time offset to something around 30-60 seconds. There is not setting in the menu so I think only firmware modding is possible. I wounder if there is any usable tool for this job - like the mentioned tool?

This can be done in theory but there are no easy-to-use single-click tools to do it. I mean you'll need to do stuff like ARM binary disassembling.
    Donate here if you want to support my efforts and this site. Other options for gratefulness are also available on request.

Email me if you have any offers, requests or ideas.

Comment

Working...
    X