Script ideas for A12 cams.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MikLav View Post
    Could you update the script for FW 180119 ?

And how can I find myself the starting address for bitrate settings?
    I understand from nutsey post above:
    but how can I find the offsets?

Sorry life has been busy recently

open your dump.bin with HxD hex editor

"Change Log:
    Version: TI/UN8-180206-V5.0 1.Optimize the audio quality 2.Fix the problem of automatic stop recording" I'll have to retry my toshiba card.

Before I can get onto it, Ill explain how to DIY

You need HxD hex editor, and notepad++

Open dump.bin in HxD, the easiest way to find the bitrate table location is search for C:\EVENT, and a couple lines below that the bitrate table will start, the bitrate comes in lines of 3, the first value is the s.fine setting, second fine setting, and last normal setting, there is a set of 3 for each resolution.

In this case of my dump.bin the first set of 3 is 70 42, 48 42, and 20 42

The address for 70 42 is 00559AE (70 starts in the 0E column)

And since we dumped the memory with an offset of 0xA, the address becomes 0xA05591AE (the A replaces the leading 0).

So our command for S.Fine for the first resolution becomes writew 0xA05591AE 0x42CE (this writes backwards so do this then dump.bin after that you'll see it would be reflected in the dump as CE 42)

0x42CE for 100mbps, 0x42A0 for 80mbps and 0x4270 for 60mbps. I usually use those three rates for S.Fine, Fine and Normal.

See image below

Now you need to use notepad++ when writing a script because you beed LF line breaks only. Not CRLF line breaks.

In Notepad++ you need to go to View menu Show Symbol, and select End of Line, it should have a tick mark next to it if it is activated.

Then you can write your script file with whatever commands.

Every line must end with a LF line break including the last line.

When writing your script just press enter at the end of each line, it may give you CRLF, but you can fix this at the end.

When you're done, go to Search then Replace, make sure under Search mode that Extended is on.

search for \r\n and replace with \n and replace all, that will change CRLF into LF, mine shows as the Yen symbol because its the same key and my laptop and its keyboard are from the Japanese market.

See image below

Name it autoexec.ash and put it on the root directory of your SD card, if all is correct, it should work, within reasonable limits, you cant put anything crazy in there, also I recommend sleep 3 as the first command to give the system time to have everything ready before running the writew commands, just wait 4+ seconds to elapse on the system timer at the bottom of the screen after first boot before pressing record for the new bitrate to take effect.

Comment

Thanks! I think I modified bit rates for quality 'normal', 'fine', and 's.fine' in 4k 30fps 16:9 video resolution. in a Firefly 8s 120 degrees. After looking at some scripts, and reading this page 10 times, and changing offset values 100 times, I think it all works.

I wrote a 'savebin' command with 16mb dump size in an new "autoexec.ash" script on the sdcard. The text should be UNIX LF format. And opened the "dump.bin" file in HxD hex editor (free).
      Code:
      savebin c:\dump.bin 0xA0000000 l 16777216
      The camera will make a "AMBA" folder on the sdcard so I searched and found "C:\AMBA" plain text in HxD editor in "dump.bin" file.. About 8 to 9 lines down from there, I think the first entry in the bit rate settings entries table is C8 42 in the '2' column at the 0056B710 offset, and this is for Quality S.Fine, 4k 16:9 30fps.

I'm using a Firefly 8s 120 degree lense camera from Gearbest and MODx 5.1 V74 U firmware from this link https://www.goprawn.com/forum/ambare...ustom-firmware . This firmware already has these bitrates for this video resolution: s.fine 100 mb/s, fine 60 mb/s normal 30 mb/s. I like 'fine' quality setting when using different video modes, and I want to set quality to 'fine' and leave it there (so I don't have to change quality and resolution). I also want to try bit rates higher than 60 mb/s for this video resolution and quality setting. A bit rate table (thanks to nutsey ) is shown below. Put the code text into a UNIX style LF text file called "autoexec.ash" or download the attached file and unzip and put that in your sdcard root folder. You too can adjust bit rates on the fly for your 4k 30fps 16:9 video, by changing the four characters after the 0x (such as 0x4120 for 10 Mb/s). You must use a text editor that understands UNIX LF text such as Notepad++ or Notepad2 (but not Windows Notepad).

Code:
      # Quality S.Fine, 4k 16:9 30fps, 90 Mb/s
      writew 0xA056B712 0x42B4
      # Quality Fine, 4k 16:9 30fps, 70 Mb/s
      writew 0xA056B722 0x428C
      # Quality Normal, 4k 16:9 30fps, 40 Mb/s
      writew 0xA056B732 0x4220
      DL from pcloud also https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?c...PzC5NBDSIjg8Xk
      Unpack the zip file, copy the 'autoexec.ash' file to your sdcard. and read the 'readme txt' file.

Attached Files
      Last edited by petesimon; 06-24-2018, 03:38 AM.

Comment

• petesimon
        petesimon commented
        Editing a comment
        nutsey I really! want to increase bit rate for "Slow Motion" mode in 1080p res. What can I hack to get 'er done?

• nutsey
        nutsey commented
        Editing a comment
        I've never tried in-cam slow motion before

• petesimon
        petesimon commented
        Editing a comment
        I also changed the 4k 30fps bit rate in my Eken H8 Plus. And I'm trying more offsets so I can change the bitrate for 1080p 60fps {o} gyro ON mode.
        See this post - https://www.goprawn.com/forum/ambare...0812#post10812
        Last edited by petesimon; 06-17-2018, 03:49 PM.

petesimon

You can use this list I made to detrermine which mode is where:
      vidmodes.txt
      Donate here if you want to support my efforts and this site. Other options for gratefulness are also available on request.

Email me if you have any offers, requests or ideas.

Comment

RAW Lapse script for A12 cams with RAW stills support.

Download: FF8S-FF8SE-RAWLAPSE-script.zip

Usage notes:
        1. Before using: switch your cam to photo mode, choose Normal quality for JPEGs and turn on shooting in RAW.
        2. Use a fast memory card. Edit script and increase 'sleep 3' interval if your cam is not fast enough or you want to have your own timelapse interval.
        3. The script tested with Firefly 8S/8SE cams.
        4. 8.3M RAWs are 30% smaller than 12M. It means they need less time to be captured and saved.

This script was tested with Firefly 8S and 8SE action cams, but it also could work with other A12-based models with RAW support.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by nutsey; 09-09-2018, 09:32 AM.
        Donate here if you want to support my efforts and this site. Other options for gratefulness are also available on request.

Comment

• kevin r.
          kevin r. commented
          Editing a comment
          I downloaded this script and put the 1kb ASH file on the cameras memory card. I have my camera (firefly 8se) in photo mode with normal quality and 12mp raw. I'm not sure how to set up the time lapse from there and I would like to have it take long exposure photos in the time lapse where i dont have to continually hit the shutter button. Right now when I hit the shutter button the number "01" shows up in green and there are about 30 audible beeps and I think it takes a photo, but nothing shows up in the playback menu and when inserted into the computer it says that this format is not supported. Can you walk me through what to do? Thanks!
          Last edited by kevin r.; 09-25-2018, 10:41 PM.

A12 MTD backup script.

Copies MTD partitions to the memory card (check mtdblockX.bin files in /backup folder). The script needs ~3 minutes for saving the files. The camera will turn off when backup is done.

Download: A12-MTD-backup-script.zip

Note: Make sure auto off is disabled or set to >3 min in your cam settings.

Comment

• nasyiinhd
          nasyiinhd commented
          Editing a comment
          traying this script on ezviz s5 after 4minutes display white. tray to power of in minut 6 device reboot. cek file...nothing...
          tray again...

• nutsey
          nutsey commented
          Editing a comment
          Maybe you can try increasing values in 'sleep x' strings.

nasyiinhd Please try this script A12-MTD-backup-script-for-EZVIZ.zip

Comment

• nasyiinhd
          nasyiinhd commented
          Editing a comment
          working, shifu 😍🙏. now upload to google drive or directly here?

Originally posted by nutsey View Post
        A12 MTD backup script.

Copies MTD partitions to the memory card (check mtdblockX.bin files in /backup folder). The script needs ~3 minutes for saving the files. The camera will turn off when backup is done.

Download: [ATTACH]n11660[/ATTACH]

* Note: Make sure auto off is disabled
        Thanks nutsey but the commands inside this autoexec.ash script didn't work for my EKEN V50 PRO (A12 + IMX258). So I made a backup.sh script for usage inside a telnet session. The data will be saved in /backup folder and in a compressed file on the sd card. The script should work for many Ambarella SoC based cameras. Let me know if I should modify the script for EZVIZ or other branded cameras.

download the mtdblock backup data from my EKEN V50 PRO, STD_EKIK 20180719, here - https://yadi.sk/d/sZ-oAqVjPoURbw - Latest Winrar or 7zip or Peazip is needed.

download the script here - https://yadi.sk/d/4Sh_ElaOpJw7Hw

*UPDATE* - the script works in a SJ8 Pro (Ambarella H22)
        here's an updated script with XZ compression https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xz
        download this new script here - http://pc.cd/gnTctalK

the readme txt file is shown below:

Code:
        copy the backup.sh file and
        busybox.bin file to the root
        folder of your sd card and
        Insert the sd card into your
        Ambarella camera

connect camera by wifi to your
        computer, and open a telnet
        session to IP address 192.168.42.1
        or another correct address of
        your camera

login is " root " without quotations

type and execute the following

sh /tmp/SD0/backup.sh

wait for up to 15 minutes for completion

look on your sd card for /backup folder
        and for a new .tar.gz file. Share the new
        .tar.gz file to Goprawn forums by cloud
        storage, Google drive
        click this small image to see a larger image.

Click image for larger versionName:	ambarella-backup-script-telnet.jpgViews:	1Size:	104.4 KBID:	14634
        Last edited by petesimon; 08-17-2019, 10:09 PM.

Comment

I'm testing my new script for AEB (auto exposure bracketing) with 3 and 5 shots with RAW support. Anyone here is interested in this?

PS: Seems like something is wrong in Amba A12 SDK with EV values. +/-2.0 are +/-1.0 in fact and +/-1.0 are 1/3 (0.3) ev steps...

Comment

Guys,
          Backup from my X-TRY XTC250 PRO. Made with telnet script. My cam is a total clone of Eken H8 Pro.

Comment

Ambashell commands advanced syntax (thanks to oleg.drozdov84 for the tip).

Code:
            Compound Commands:

Looping Constructs: Shell commands for iterative action.
            until
                The syntax of the until command is:
                    until <test-command>; do <consequent-command>; done
                Execute consequent-command as long as test-command has an exit status which is not zero.
                The return status is the exit status of the last consequent-command executed, or zero if none was executed.
            while
                The syntax of the while command is:
                    while <test-command>; do <consequent-command>; done
                Execute consequent-command as long as test-command has an exit status of zero.
                The return status is the exit status of the last consequent-command executed, or zero if none was executed.
            loop
                The syntax of the loop command is:
                    loop <loop-count>; do <consequent-command>; done
                Execute consequent-command loop-count times.

Conditional Constructs: Shell commands for conditional execution.
            if
                The syntax of the if command is:
                    if <test-command>; then <consequent-command>; [else <alternate-consequent>;] fi
                The test-command is executed, and if its return status is zero, the consequent-command is executed.
                If 'else alternate-consequent' is present, and the final command in the if clause has a non-zero exit status,
                then alternate-consequent is executed.
                The return status is the exit status of the last command executed, or zero if no condition tested true.

Special Parameters:
            $?    Expands to the exit status of the most recently executed command (used as <test-command>).

Comment

Working...
            X