Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TwoBlues
    commented on 's reply
    Darktable wouldn't recognize raw output from my Star, even after conversion to dng by the converter in DCT sj7 raw thread! I've had success in varying degrees with the converter in conjunction with UFRaw , GIMP ,and Rawtherapee!
    Last edited by TwoBlues; 02-18-2018, 02:01 PM.

• nutsey
    commented on 's reply
    Hey,

Could you share the download link to converter and a couple of sample RAWs

• SJCAM_Official
    replied
    SJ7 has finally added RAW and converter in beta versions but the output still appears red.....

Issue thread
    Hey guys, If there are any programmers out there with SJ7, then this SJ7 RAW thread may be for you :)

Leave a comment:

• SJCAM_Official
    replied
    Here is our RAW banner

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• SJCAM_Official
    replied
    Hi guys, SJ7 has a solution... SJ7 RAW
    OK So I’m a bit awkward but I prefer to use Linux rather than Windows. Luckily there’s a great raw image developer running on Linux called Darktable....

Leave a comment:

• Athiril
    replied
    Got a new card which solved all the speed issues, raw captures normally, but if you try to take a normal photo after it, it wont work. Also debug raw doesnt work still, after appearing to take the photo, the screen goes black then the battery bar and timer show up with the rest of the screen remaining black until the camera is rebooted.

Also Thieye customer support got back to me about RAW support in the firmware and they said they tried before but it caused heat issues and stability issues, so they decided to not officially support it in the firmware.

edit: Even on the new card, which I tested at 29.9MB/sec write speed.. the recording cuts out at 1 to 1.5 minutes, - thats at 60mbps, 50mbps records uninterrupted.
    Last edited by Athiril; 11-13-2017, 04:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Athiril
    commented on 's reply
    Okay I am getting 8mbyte/sec on sequential write on crystal disk (which is the method that gives the highest speed too) on this card (Toshiba), so I think it is very fake.. which is strange I bought it at a BIC Camera in Japan, though not at a major city. As opposed to the full size SD card I got at a street shop in Akihabara which is exceedingly fast. I'll get a faster card and try again.

• Athiril
    commented on 's reply
    I might have to try a 32gb card, I can get raw working, but not raw debug (ituner). Also I tried the custom firmware and the still image quality is shockingly bad compared to raw and stock firmware jpg, even the colour balance has been ruined.

• nutsey
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for your feedback! Hope this information can help someone experiencing similar problems.

• Athiril
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks nutsey, I just tried this script and after it appears to take the photo it kind of locks up the camera, it pauses, takes the photo, and then the screen stays in a live view mode, but with no on screen information displayed. I tried deleting the return to normal mode command too, but it still does it, so it appears its the capture raw command.

edit: Seems like it stays in debug mode and cannot switch back to normal mode, when I disable the stillrawcap command, the came successfully switches back to normal mode, no files are saved.

So the problem lies with that command, perhaps I should buy a smaller microsd card and try it.

Edit 2: I became suspicious after the camera stopped recording after short periods... the file size was like 204,800kb each time, and then after that 102,400kb each time.. I noticed slow transfer rate on backing up some of the remaining other stuff on the card via the camera, and remembered the opening the gallery on my phone with that card was also very slow sometimes... reformatted with 64kb blocks, and the raw script is actually now working, also its an SDXC card, 64gb, exFat. (further edit, format with default or 128kb blocks, camera doesnt seem to write to the card in 64kb blocks in normal mode)
    Last edited by Athiril; 11-11-2017, 04:58 PM.

• nutsey
    commented on 's reply
    Hi, you can try custom firmwares from here: http://videoreg.forum2.net/viewtopic.php?id=10

• Athiril
    replied
    Got the camera today, pretty impressed, first thing Id like to be able to do is somehow turn off the noise reduction in photos, as the stock lens on mine is looking pretty sharp, apart from the areas that get hammered with noise reduction.

Leave a comment:

• Athiril
    replied
    I ordered the Thieye T5e, and was wondering if anyone has any raw image samples at ISO100 uploaded somewhere?

Leave a comment:

• nutsey
    replied
    A12 RAW-CAP V2

A12_RAW-CAP-V2_script.zip

Google.Drive MIRROR

Renames the RAW file after creation in order to protect from overwriting each time after running.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by nutsey; 10-26-2017, 12:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• lacibaci
    replied
    Bummer, none of these worked for Garmin 55.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X