Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ThiEYE T5 - Questions and ideas for improvement (possible by scripts?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ThiEYE T5 - Questions and ideas for improvement (possible by scripts?)

Hi there,
    I just subscribed to this forum since it provides a lot of useful information on hacking/improving action cameras. So far, I am pretty impressed by the ThiEYE T5's qualities. However, I think it could benefit from some additional improvements such as

1) Video setting for a "flat" profile like GoPro's Protune mode. This setting produces videos that may look flat and desaturated at first, but are an ideal starting point for further processing in your favourite video editing software in order to apply colour correction, colour look-up tables (LUTs) etc. Could this perhaps be done by a script?

2) The Ambarella A12 seems to lack a 24p frame rate setting. Is this a limitation of the hardware itself or just disabled in firmware? In order to create this particular cinematic look, 24p is essential (converting frame rates from 30p to 24p can be done in video editing software but will most likely not deliver smooth looking results).

3) Defish / lens correction. Did anyone figure out proper settings for lens correction in order to remove the fisheye effect yet? I did some testing in kdenlive's Defish filter with setting "amount" to a value of 810 and found the result quite satisfying. There's still room for improvement, though.

Hi,
    1. These settings can be changed with firmware modifications. Script functionality is very limited for A12 devices.
    2. 24fps can be enabled with scripts if it is among the modes described for your cam's firmware.
    3. You may think about replacing the lens to something like more 90-degree-ish
    Donate here if you want to support my efforts and this site.

Email me if you have any offers, requests or ideas.

Comment

so is there some hacked thieye t5 firmware available to improve image quality in video ?

Comment

• nutsey
        nutsey commented
        Editing a comment
        Not yet, but I know someone is working on it.

• AussieKev
        AussieKev commented
        Editing a comment
        Swapping f/w with Andoer AN7000, LAmax X10 Taurus and other cams like SJ7 has been done but that is not scripts of course.
        AN7000 and LAmax X10 gives 'Long Exposure' setting which is nice for a start. Works well but LAmax X10 retains all function while AN7000 removes a few options to do with dashcam mode.

Hello today i get my Yi Remote and it works fine with the T5e.
      Is it able to write a script thats allow paring when the Camera start? Momently i have to go to setting and then paring after every restart.

Maybe there is something? =)

Comment

• nutsey
        nutsey commented
        Editing a comment
        See this post: https://www.goprawn.com/forum/main-f...-cams#post1942

You can automate any sequence of emulated buttons pressed.

• AussieKev
        AussieKev commented
        Editing a comment
        What did surprise me, cam LCD screen went white while filming, bluetooth paired. Could not power OFF. Cold Boot took out battery, T5e came back with not only time/date set and night scene settings same, but Bluetooth still paired??? That should be impossible?

is there a way to set the video mode to 2880x2880 ? ( same number of pixels as 3840x2160 but in 1:1 ratio instead of 16:9 )

Comment

Working...
      X