No announcement yet.

Firefly 8S (A12+IMX117)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Id like to see some real world pics and videos from the 8s. Anyone got any up on the tube or other sites? How does the 1080px120 work in low light? dropping to 60fps automatically or allow you to lock the 120fps and accept darker image?

Comment

V54 firmware update

Changes:
      1. Quick menu is on when bluetooth is paired.
      2. 'Soft' Sharpness setting removed.

Comment

Some information about the lenses:
        90-degree 'non-distortion' lens is well-known 3.8mm (3.87mm),
        120-degree 'wide' lens is the same with one used in ThiEye T5 cams.

So, the lenses are different from the ones used in Firefly 7S model (both 'wide' and 'narrow').

Comment

Firefly 8S vs GitUp Git2 (wide lens versions). Gyro EIS test in 1080p60:

Firefly 8S dashcam test:

Comment

• Grunta
            Grunta commented
            Editing a comment
            Which brick path has the correct colour

• nutsey
            nutsey commented
            Editing a comment
            Grunta Actually none of them... Maybe 8S was somewhat closer...

• Grunta
            Grunta commented
            Editing a comment
            That's a pity

V57 firmware update

Comment

ELF file for unbricking Firefly 8S cams. Thanx Tomu@DCT.

Comment

Very good job. My FF 8S 90 degrees lens stops working after a soft drop on a carpet!. In the begining the camera powers on and the display showed a stacked image. After many attempts i managed to broke the display ribbon too. Now i have an opened not working Firefly 8S camera. I noticed some pins in the PCB like TX, RX, GND, I connect them to my serial adapter at 115200 and the putty screen fulls of informations. When i press any button i do have a message for it. I thought that even with no screen, i could connect to my Hawkey app to see the picture. I open the wifi and it was working. I do connect throught the app but the app stacked to a moving cursor loop. Can i do anythig more?

Also I do have pictures from the teardown parts. If you want i can send them. Can you give me a link to put them?
              Please Mod do tranfer this post to appropriate thread.
              TIA.

Comment

Originally posted by misterno View Post
                Also I do have pictures from the teardown parts. If you want i can send them. Can you give me a link to put them?
                Sure! Could you please upload them here: https://my.pcloud.com/#page=puplink&...EAp0T2qmxs7xBk

Comment

Originally posted by nutsey View Post
                  Sure! Could you please upload them here: https://my.pcloud.com/#page=puplink&...EAp0T2qmxs7xBk
                  I just did that. More photo's in the evening or later at night. Do you want something special to catch? Also i would like to suggest a way how to to test puting the ELF file mentioned above. TIA.

Comment

1.0.61 (V61) firmware update

Comment

Working...
                    X