No announcement yet.

Firefly 8S (A12+IMX117)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi i recently bought an 8S 90 degree cam, I film in bright day light and the cam has excessive digital sharpening, is there a firmware that has less sharpening or a setting to use? I also film fast moving objects from afar is there a zoom option in a Mod firmware like the gitup 2p has? Thanks for the help.

Comment

• nutsey
      nutsey commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi,

Have you tried the mobile app? There you can set sharpness to low.

• I must have the old app because mine does not have the low sharpness option, can you provide a link for the app i should be using? and i updated to the MODx 72 and the video has white flashes now.

Comment

• V73 firmware update: DOWNLOAD V / DOWNLOAD U

What's new:
      1.1080p 120fps/100fps and slow motion video quality improved.
      2.'Power Off' wifi command added.
      If you find this site useful and interesting please feel free to support it by clicking highlighted text links and the banner below.

Comment

• anybody tested 120p? is it alright?

Comment

• nutsey
          nutsey commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, I noticed random frame drops in 1080p120.

• but Victor (or Hawkeye at facebook) sayed it's fine

Comment

• nutsey
          nutsey commented
          Editing a comment
          I rechecked with different (faster) memory card and can confirm the problem exists. It records 5 seconds and then starts random frame skipping.

• ok, thanks, then i dont "upgrade"
        your's is fine, i love it with my 3D stereo gimbal rig

Comment

• U73 is awesome my cam is working like a champ, no more blur in photos and the sharpness is not so much in video, thank you Nutsey. is it possible to get a custom version of U73 with a zoom feature or make the narrow FOV even smaller? maybe say 15% smaller? thanks again.

Comment

• Hello i am new here.
            I have Firefly 8S.
            Before i had GitUp Git2.

My problem is, when i record in FHD 120FPS, the sound is faster than the movie. Do you know how to fix it? I have last firmware update to U73.
            Today i recorded 2:10 min clip and camera recorded only 2:08.
            2 seconds are lost.
            Problem is only on FHD 120 FPS...
            I also record some voices - hitting a rock by rock and the voice is faster than movie...
            Any ideas how to fix it??

Comment

• nutsey
              nutsey commented
              Editing a comment
              Please don't use 1080p120 mode as it is buggy. Hope Firefly will manage to fix it soon.

• Look at 20 sek - i see on slowmotion is also that problem than it loses FPS...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqR2n6XGRfE

Comment

• Any news on any new products from Hawkeye? When will the 8SE be available? Is there a better camera out there for 1080p 60fps EIS? Anything with 4K 30fps EIS worth looking at?

Comment

• Hi everyone.

I have a question about RAW image processing on this camera. I have downloaded the Firefly_8S_RAW2DNG+FIX_LEVELS_v3 (Thanks Nutsey!!) and successfully converted my images into DNG. But I cannot get the fix_levels_8S.bat to work!Do I open the actual file or do I need to run it inside another program? If I try double-clicking it it just opens for a split second and then closes (tried on both Win7 and Win10). I am asking this after hours of research, and I'm at the end of my rope. Any help would be much appreciated.

Comment

• V74 5.1 is looking pretty good! The green pixelation bug is apparently fixed now in stills. I would still like to have FOV options for 1080p in the lower FPS modes. Thanks a lot for this mod!

Comment

• Just tried the updated RAW2DNG converter that Nutsey mentioned a couple posts above and it works great! Thank again for all the help.

Comment

• Can someone provide an ELF file for V73 please. Or is it possible to generate it with the AE tool?

Comment

• nutsey
                      nutsey commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Why are you asking about this very version?

• Yoolan
                      Yoolan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Because it is the latest firmware. But actually another version would do it too...
                      Last edited by Yoolan; 06-01-2018, 01:17 PM.

• nutsey
                      nutsey commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Here is V53 ELF: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g_t...ew?usp=sharing

You can upload it to your cam and then update to the latest BIN in cam.

• V77 firmware update:
                    DOWNLOAD V version
                    DOWNLOAD U version

Changes:
                    1. Fixed problem with dual file option enabled.
                    Last edited by nutsey; 07-24-2018, 03:30 PM.
                    If you find this site useful and interesting please feel free to support it by clicking highlighted text links and the banner below.

Comment

• petesimon
                      petesimon commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I have a "U" firmware. could you point me to some instructions to use AmbaUSB to backup firmware from the camera?

• nutsey
                      nutsey commented
                      Editing a comment
                      This functionality is disabled in all DirectUSB / AmbaUSB tools I've seen before.
                  Working...
                  X