Firefly 8s main board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefly 8s main board

Here is something for you guys to look at. Maybe you can figure out where the stereo audio ( mic or preferable line ) inputs are...

Put it back together... ...still works

Comment

I have the same PCB. The camera stops working after a drop onto a carpet. I opened the case gently to find the problem. The camera power on, the screen displayed info's but the image was stacked.
      After many attempts, i broke the wire ribbon of the display. I put of the ES 3M T30 chip with hot air and accidentaly blow a small black resistor near it.
      Your images helps me to find the missing part. Now the PCB works like a flash light! Thank you anyway!

Comment

So does that mean it works again? I hope so.

Comment

I wonder if the microphone input goes to an amplifier chip and then at line level to the Ambarella. If so, it could be bypassed to get a line level input.

Comment

Enhance! I wonder if that 6 pin chip is an audio amp. I think for a computer I will be using the Orange Pi 2G-IOT.

Comment

Uart pins on the bottom right in the 2nd picture If you want to get access to the console you can solder an uart converter fairly easy onto it

Comment

@[email protected] In such cases when pins are located at the edge of the PCB I prefer using these test clamps instead of soldering. The opposite side of PCB can be insulated (if needed) with a piece of cardboard, plastic or masking tape.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	clips.jpg Views:	1 Size:	18.6 KB ID:	6956
                Last edited by nutsey; 10-10-2017, 06:36 PM.
                Donate here if you want to support my efforts and this site.

Email me if you have any offers, requests or ideas.

Comment

Thanks for the tip with the test clamps but if I connect to the uart it would be on a more permanent basis. For the connection, are you referring to the three bare copper parts all the way on the bottom right edge? (1 2 3 ) The top one would be the ground I imagine. What kind of converter would I use?

Comment

Hi again. Can you do me a big favor? Is it possible to measure the value of this small resistor? I did put a 10K one but i' m not sure if it's ok. TIA

Comment

I already have the camera closed up again, but anyway, I don't think you can really measure the value of a resistor in a circuit. It will always show a lower value then what it is.

Comment

I will put two wires and connect a potentiometer about 100k to test the correct value. Thanks for your reply.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                          X