Astak ActionPro3 (A5s + MT9P401)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astak ActionPro3 (A5s + MT9P401)

Got another oldie for my action cam collection.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ap3.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	729
    This action cam also called Astak CM-7500 was released in 2013 and is based on Ambarella A5s SoC and MT9P401 5Mp 1/2.5” CMOS sensor (2.2 pixel size). It can record 1080p30 and 720p60 vids storing files on full-sized SD card (up to 32Gb supported, 8Gb card comes in the box). It has 10 dedicated control buttons on its body and a tiny colour LCD screen on its back. The bundled wireless RC is massive but still very handy. And yes, it can run autoexec.ash scripts.
    Last edited by nutsey; 10-04-2016, 05:31 PM.
    Donate here if you want to support my efforts and this site.

Email me if you have any offers, requests or ideas.

The default M12 lens of this cam is the widest I have ever seen for this mount type and standard front lens diameter. Its horizontal FOV is ~150 degrees with 1/2.3" sensor. At the same time it provides reasonably bright and sharp picture.
    Last edited by nutsey; 10-29-2016, 08:33 AM.

Comment

I still find this 5-year old action cam to be very attractive for the price. It's on Amazon for only 16 bucks and I belive it's a great alternative to all these fake "1080" JL, Generalplus and iCatch cams in this price range.

The cam shoots pretty decent FullHD at 30 fps and the quality can be greatly improved with the help of autoexec.ash scripts. The battery life is ~90 minutes for 1080p30 shooting with LCD on and the battery has almost no self-discharge.

Apart from that, take a look what is bundled with it along with an 1A wall charger and some usual action cam stuff.

Waterproof case with a perfect combination of mounting options. Note, it has a protective wavy frame around the front glass.

A couple of thumb screws with really huge and handy knobs (compared to standard Chinese screw on the right).

The RC is big and sturdy enough to help you beating any bad guys who don't like action cams from the past. Moreover it has a clip for easy mounting to you belt or pocket. There are also several straight and curved mounting pads with heavy-duty 3M adhesive in the box (standard Chinese RC and cheap "3M" adhesive mounting pad are on the right for comparison).

Comment

Working...
      X