Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SJ5000+ Mods

Hello,
    Not sure you will find this very interesting as it's well documented over the web but, using AFT & autoexec.ash I did several mod to my SJCAM. As I didn't find any example I'm sharing it here :
    The major ones were don with AFT :
    - modifying power on/off pics (not very usefull but very rewarding and fun as you can customize your cam)
    - modify birate (i've stayed in VBR mode but increase bit rate from 24 to 30 Mbps)

If someone is interested, i can share the process here but the most interesting is already above : you can use 30 Mbps without issue on this cam, builded around an A7 SoC

Regards

Hi! It would be great if you provide step-by-step FW modifying guide for SJ5000+ as it is also can be used for other Ambarella A7 and A5 cams.
    Donate here if you want to support my efforts and this site.

Email me if you have any offers, requests or ideas.

Comment

OK, here is the process (step by step with screen shots) in French :
      Logo : https://marsu66.wordpress.com/2016/1...lisation-logo/
      Bitrate : https://marsu66.wordpress.com/2016/1...j5000-bitrate/

You can use a translator if needed.... as i've use simple sentences the translator should be fine.

For autoexec.ash, I've mostly used and adapt Yi or Gopro scripts.... it was more an exercice than a real need for me...
      Last edited by marsu66; 10-10-2016, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Thanx! There is another helpful tool for Ambarella firmware image unpacking/modding/packing.
        Ambarella Extractor AE v 3.0.7.0 by Z768. Here is the link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4t...ew?usp=sharing

What kind of Yi scripts do you use?

Comment

Hi, can you describe its usage and/or showing some practical stuff with this tools ?
          For scripts, i've used them to generate the list of available command & to do "HDR emulation" but once again it was just as POC...
          Here is the scripts and command list ; https://marsu66.wordpress.com/2016/1...-autoexec-ash/
          but you've got plenty over internet....

Comment

• marsu66
            marsu66 commented
            Editing a comment
            ah ah ah ah !!! Nutsey !!!! I've just realised that YOU are my source of inspiration for the scripts !!!!
            I love the job you've done ... i'm now following your blog....

• nutsey
            nutsey commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, that was me )). And I appreciate you have mentioned me at your blog. Thanx for that.

• marsu66
            marsu66 commented
            Editing a comment
            it's quite normal they were YOUR scripts, i've just done copy/paste and clearing stuff... I think it is important to respect other people's work !

You can unpack FW with it, edit some stuff like AE tables or bitrate values, calculate the CRC for partition and compile FW back. I think the UI of this AE tool is pretty obvious and easy to use.

Comment

Hum, i've manipulated it a bit... OK for bitrate edition. I've also tested compilation, it looks ok...
            But, it has been unable to open an A5 firmware (GoPro)... What firmware did you edit and what kind of mod have you done ?

Comment

Originally posted by marsu66 View Post
              But, it has been unable to open an A5 firmware (GoPro)... What firmware did you edit and what kind of mod have you done ?
              I successfully modded Astak ActionPro3 (A5) and Activeon DX (A7) firmwares changing default bitrate values and correcting AE tables.

Comment

Sorry to look a bit dumb but what do you mean by AE tables ?
                And did you use those tools, they look very interesting....

Maybe we should split this topic in two... one by tool

Comment

AE = auto exposure. These tables set 'the weight' of each cell for setting exposure (ISO/shutter values).

Palettes are needed for UI graphic elements editting.

Comment

OK for AE, i was confused by the soft name.... Can you post a step by step mod with this soft ?
                    According to me AFT was more "intuitive" but maybe they can be complementary... so i would be interested by this step by step demo

Comment

Hi... By the way, the AutoExposure mode can be modified by AFT, changing the weight of each zone for each mode.
                      I've also have played (not a must have but fun as exercise) with the sound (pcm files).

But whatever, i still interested by a demo of the usage of AE (the tool)

Comment

... I've did a 1st check of AE (the software). Here are my 1st feed backs : https://marsu66.wordpress.com/2016/1...lla-extractor/
                        It is presented as complementary with AFT but i didn't find (for now) in what as they provided many common tools... Can you give a feedback on this aspect ?

Comment

• nutsey
                          nutsey commented
                          Editing a comment
                          AFT sometimes has troubles with calculating correct CRC value, AE does not have any.
                      Working...
                      X