Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tool for unbricking A12/A9/A7/A5 based cams. AmbaUSB for ELF/BIN firmware update from PC.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no device showing on my ambaClick image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	436
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	17635

Comment

• nutsey
      nutsey commented
      Editing a comment
      This software is for Ambarella chips based devices only!

• kuyamoto
      kuyamoto commented
      Editing a comment
      how about the icatchtek sir what app can be use ?

• petesimon
      petesimon commented
      Editing a comment
      kuyamoto - for icatch use "FRM" such as for the Eken H9/R or for the Thieye T5 EDGE. Wrong usage could brick your camera.
      What will you use the software for? ... to recover your camera?

Thanks for your help ..... so I have solved my Firefly 8s unbrick in Windows 10:

Good ...... I have had a failure updating my Firefly 8S firmwate and it has gone black.
    Looking for a solution I found Petesimon , a member of the Goprawn forum, on Facebook.
    He sent me the link to download the AmbaUsb program, the
    Elf files for my camera model and instructions for repairing the camera.
    Files sent: "AmbaUSB-win64-Qt5-Win7-3.3.1-Setup" and "Firmware_FF8S_AmbaUSB_Recovery", (contains the Elf files of the different models).

-Problems and solutions :
    1- as I have Windows 10, it does not support drivers without digital signature, I have had to put Windows in "Test mode":
    -cmd: paste "Bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON", (without quotes), and press "Enter" ; then we restart Windows, ( appears on the screen, bottom right, "Test mode, Windows 10 enterprise ...."
    2- during the installation of the AmbaUsb it stopped twice:
    a) message: "Please make sure DirectUsb .............."> Accept
    b) message about the drivers: "Windows Security" choose "Install this driver software anyway"
    3- We run the AmbaUsb software and choose:
    a) Chipset: S2L (A12)
    b) Firmware: we look for the Elf file corresponding to our model, U or V, in the downloaded folder "Firmware_FF8S_AmbaUSB_Recovery"
    c) Log Level: Debug
    4) We take the Firefly 8S, remove the card and the battery, and connect the microUSB cable to it.
    Very important: we press the small button "<" on the camera and then connect the USB cable to the main input of our PC; without releasing that button now we also press the "Power" button, (we have both pressed); if all goes well in the AmbaUsb program a green arrow will appear and a text will appear; at that moment we can already release the two buttons that we have pressed.
    Now we click on the green button and the program will replace the original files on the camera.
    5) When the "100% charged" appears, wait a bit and disconnect the camera from the USB cable
    6) We put the battery and the card and check that it works.
    7- To exit Windows 10 test mode:
    a) cmd
    b) Bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions ENABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
    Enter
    c) Bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING OFF
    Enter

If it does not work we repeat the entire operation checking that we have chosen the Elf file corresponding to the model of our camera well
    If I forget something I will edit it again, hahahaha.
    I thank again our fellow forero "Petesimon" was in contact with me from Facebook and helped me several times so that in the end my camera would be like new.
    Postscript: I use "google traslator" to translate my spanish language from to English ... sorry for grammatical errors
    Last edited by Genarofotografo; 05-19-2020, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Hi guys, i have a problem with my Yi 4k. Suddenly it stopped working and now it doesn't turns on anymore. Front led is working fine if i connect the cam to a power source, but the led on the power button is blue. I'm searching for an .elf file to try to unbrick it, but i can't find it anywhere. If someone could help me it would be great

Comment

Hi, I try to unbrick a Mini0805 1296P Super HD from E-Prance but at the Verification process it says "amba_usb_firmware_session.cpp[ 127]: Waiting for validation of BusID#003.DevID#002 timeout!". Any tips..? (I have "bcdedit /set testsigning on" The operation completed successfully. And choose A7L.DDR3.NAND and A7L using Ambarella 3.5.8 win32 on a Win10-64-bit PC.)

Comment

Eken H9R Pulus STD_EKIK V2.5 20181127 Rom Helpppp
          Attached Files

Comment

• nutsey
            nutsey commented
            Editing a comment
            Abi, please stop posting it again. If this firmware version was ever published you will get it. I'll try to contact Eken directly.

• petesimon
            petesimon commented
            Editing a comment
            ceysat - i now have only this file for H9R Plus (A12 chipset). Caution: I have not tested this file and I don't know if it will actually work for you.
            - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1k0l...ew?usp=sharing

I've asked Eken 4-5 months ago for new firmwares, but no word yet

Comment

Please note that:
            AmbaUSB information:
            ......omit......
            2020-09-16-18:50:35.058: amba_usb_device.cpp[ 744]: CMD6: 00000000
            2020-09-16-18:50:35.058: amba_usb_device.cpp[ 744]: CMD7: 00007e57
            2020-09-16-18:50:35.058: amba_usb_device.cpp[ 755]: Serial:
            2020-09-16-18:50:35.058: amba_usb_device_manager.cpp[ 437]: Session 0x04564d30 is added to index 0
            2020-09-16-18:50:35.112: amba_usb_firmware_session.cpp[ 77]: Binary file is F://ARM/A12_proj/Vico_OS3_v4.5upgrade1/Vico_OS3_v4.5upgrade/vico_os3.bin
            2020-09-16-18:50:35.112: amba_usb_firmware_session.cpp[ 412]: Memfwresult address is 0x00000000
            2020-09-16-18:50:35.112: amba_usb_firmware_session.cpp[ 427]: Memfwcmd address is 0xa062fac0
            2020-09-16-18:50:35.144: amba_usb_device.cpp[ 959]: Version: 00000300
            ......omit......

the TTL information:

[4l
            Boot From: USB
            SYS_CONFIG: 0x3007045A POC: 101
            Cortex freq: 504000000
            ENET freq: 50000000
            iDSP freq: 432000000
            Dram freq: 660000000
            Core freq: 312000000
            AHB freq: 156000000
            APB freq: 78000000
            UART freq: 24000000
            SD freq: 48000000
            SDIO freq: 48000000
            SDXC freq: 48000000
            Entered USB download mode (02)...
            init_usb_dev done
            init_usb_hardware done
            entering usb_task
            Start to send data 16 bytes...
            Send completed!
            entering usb_task
            Start to send data 4 bytes...
            Send completed!
            entering usb_task
            Start to send data 4 bytes...
            Send completed!
            entering usb_task
            Invalid recv address: 0xa062fac0
            Revert to default address: 3C000000
            start to recv data, crc=0xDB17BFA3
            ......omit......

Comment

Originally posted by EricP View Post
            "bcdedit /set testsigning on" The operation completed successfully. And choose A7L.DDR3.NAND and A7L using Ambarella 3.5.8 win32 on a Win10-64-bit PC.)
            • Does computer screen have "Test mode" in bottom corner near clock ? (It means windows driver signature is off)
            you need to have this before you install the ambarella program.
            • are you using USB2
            • You might need to disable USB3 via bios

Comment

Hello and thanks for the software. I have a bricked Yi 4k Action Cam (Z16L) and found this thread while looking for the files to unbrick it. As far as I know, the Board config for it is S2E LPDDR3 NAND. Does anybody have ELF firmware files and board config for my cam to use with the tool in this thread?
              Thanks in advance!

Comment

• nutsey
                nutsey commented
                Editing a comment
                As far as I know no ELF files are available for both 4k and 4K+ cams.
            Working...
            X