Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help for bricked Firefly 8s

Hi all,
    I have a very nice firefly 8s from some months, that gave me nice videos.
    Yesterday, after last connection to pc (to download videos), I detach it from windows, and powered off, leaving attached to charge battery.
    After it, I detach and tried to power on.

It did usual double beep and blinked blue led, but screen didn't power on. Thinking about a small issue, as happened other few times, I removed battery and tried again. It didn't change...

I tried to change battery, to get off SD, to reset (with up+power), to update FW with Ambausb tool (bin file) and also with directusb (elf file) but didn't change.

NB: I never customize it

In you opinion, what can i do to get back my F8S?

Thank you very much
    Aleics

Originally posted by Aleics View Post
    Hi all,
    I have a very nice firefly 8s from some months, that gave me nice videos.
    Yesterday, after last connection to pc (to download videos), I detach it from windows, and powered off, leaving attached to charge battery.
    After it, I detach and tried to power on.

It did usual double beep and blinked blue led, but screen didn't power on. Thinking about a small issue, as happened other few times, I removed battery and tried again. It didn't change...

I tried to change battery, to get off SD, to reset (with up+power), to update FW with Ambausb tool (bin file) and also with directusb (elf file) but didn't change.

NB: I never customize it

In you opinion, what can i do to get back my F8S?

Thank you very much
    Aleics
    Were you able to unbrick it ?

Comment

I also have a bricked 8S, I tried to update it using wifi method, everything seemed fine but after the update completed on the cam it rebooted but never restarted , just the lights came on, no display. Now I just get 3 or 4 FIREFLY flashes and then all the lights come on and that's as far as it goes. Any help would be appreciated as their website is zero use. Thanks, Greg.

Comment

UPDATE:

I was able to un-brick my 8S by following the youtube tutorial put out by the manufacturer, not so easy because of the way it was recorded but after some trial and error it worked. However, my jubilation was short lived as once the camera turns it'self off you can't turn it back on again without removing and replacing the battery Also, the app will not connect even thought it is connected via wifi to my phone.

UPDATE #2

Pushed U78.elf file to the camera and now it's totally dead. Computer sees it in device manager, "Uknown USB Device ~ Device Descriptor Request Failed"
        ant the Ambrella USB software no longer reads the camera except for this;

2018-11-03-11:04:21.420: amba_usb_data_model.cpp[ 801]: Chip type A5s is selected!
        2018-11-03-11:04:21.749: amba_usb_data_model.cpp[ 801]: Chip type S2L(A12) is selected!
        2018-11-03-11:06:00.457: amba_usb_device_monitor_win32.cpp[ 90]: \\?\USB#VID_0000&PID_0002#6&154730dd&0&2#{a5dcbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951ed}
        2018-11-03-11:06:00.490: amba_usb_device_monitor_win32.cpp[ 90]: \\?\USB#VID_0000&PID_0002#6&154730dd&0&2#{a5dcbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951ed}

I believe I pushed the "V" version not the "U" but FireFly site said if it was wrong firmware camera wouldn't be updated but now it is unresponsive.

Is there any other way to wake this thing up so I can try loading another version of firmware?
        Last edited by ppgflyer; 11-03-2018, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X