Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xiaomi Yi 2k z26L poor quality video

Hi there!

so, my problem is I think the video part of the camera doesn’t correspond to the quality of the photos

In the link is a video, unedited, directly from the camera.
    it was a quick bike run from work to a local shop. 5 min maybe.
    mounted on the handlebar, without any kind of stabilization.
    i’m using Yimax-Pro with 1.5.6 fw.

is the image low quality, or is it from my eyes that I’m expecting more than it can gives?

i’m posting a pic to, from the camera with a little (yeah, little) color correction. But no sharpening or denoise whatsoever.

i’ll appreciate your input.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ip...1f9aGZh1Z3wHpn

Hi,

The YiMAX-PRO script is for shooting videos with better possibilities for color grading in post.
    Donate here if you want to support my efforts and this site.

Email me if you have any offers, requests or ideas.

Comment

Hi nutsey, saviour of Yi Cams ahah
      I know that, and I'm OK with it. It's not the color, but the quality (definition of the video) that I'm upset with.
      It's seems as if the 1080p is being upscaled from 480p or something..
      My job involves (it's pretty much) color grading for video, but, we're talking REDs, Sonys FS and Blackmagic mostly. So, I'm used to some detail that completely different, and I embrace it.
      But, seeing snaps and videos from youtube, or in this forum, it seems this (mine in particular) has a shitty quality in video.

I did a compare with a friend, that has a Yi Z23. Side by side, in the same mount, same view, same definitions (1080p, 60fps, high, STOCK). The main diference was mine FW. 1.2.13(?, or 12 I don't recall) vs 1.5.6 (mine). And it was noticeable lower.
      In photo mode, all is OK. quality is good or equal in both.

Is there something I'm missing? Does going back or forth to another firmware provide better results? (I can't find lower firmware than 1.5.6 for z26L, but....)

Comment

• nutsey
        nutsey commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh, I see. As you might know Z26 and Z23 versions use different CMOS sensors (Panasonic MN34120 and Sony IMX206) and for some unknown (yet) reasons basic sensor readout settings for this models are not the same. I also noticed very similar stuff for GitUp Git2P/Git2 cams that shares those sensors. Git2 with IMX206 shows better results for lower resolutions (1296p-1080p), and Git2P with MN34120 performs great for 2k30 and higher while 1296p and 1080p modes are truely "shitty" in terms of resolution as you mentioned above.

• ptzulu
        ptzulu commented
        Editing a comment
        So, I'm probably stuck to 2k30fps, since I'm on a Panasonic... Damn!
        I was hoping for 60fps, just because I'm into cycling and mob, and, more fps = smoother result at the end with fast movements.
        So, in Short, Z26L, Panasonic, 2k provides better result than 1080p.

• nutsey
        nutsey commented
        Editing a comment
        By the way. Have you tried my YiMAX-TUNE script (it's for 1.5.12)?

https://www.goprawn.com/forum/ambare...ax-tune-script

• ptzulu
        ptzulu commented
        Editing a comment
        I tryed it today, but no luck..
        Bitrate 22mbps, vídeo kinda looks the same, but purple video, and green photo.
        Was there any update? Or isn’t for z26L?

• nutsey
        nutsey commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, this feature was left there in case someone wants to shoot another Trainspotting movie sequel

Just kidding. Please edit the script according to this: https://www.goprawn.com/forum/ambare...=7909#post7909

• ptzulu
        ptzulu commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s a good movie, and a cheap option! Ahah
        But, yeah, the purple was fixed, but bitrate stil 20-24mbps.
        Can I increase it to 30-40?
    Working...
    X