Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

70MAI Pro dashcam hacks, patches and custom firmware.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perfect! This will be exciting, waiting for your magic!

Comment

• Hi guys ... I also have this Xiaomi 70Mai PRO camera model, I tried to update it from the application installed on the phone .... unfortunately it doesn't work anymore ... it starts but the 4 bottom buttons for the menu no longer appear ....what can I do...? Thank you

Comment

• nutsey
        nutsey commented
        Editing a comment
        https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s70c9ma9c...DvWultj_a?dl=1

• Kaudii
        Kaudii commented
        Editing a comment
        You can also upload soft to the card, turn off the camera by holding the power button and disconnect the charger. Insert the card with the software into the turned off camera, hold the right button and connect the charger, the camera will start in the update mode and install the soft on the device, then turn off. Turning the device back on should show you a properly functioning system.

• Nutsey....Sir, thank you very much ... you are a special man ... I succeeded.

Comment

• nutsey
        nutsey commented
        Editing a comment
        You're welcome.

• Hi there nutsey I have been following your posts for a while now and I can tell you have been doing a good job with the customer firmwares!

I recently purchased the 70mai Pro (today actually), and it has what I believe to be the latest firmware 1.1.0na.

My main aim with this camera is to record my trips, and I don't need both the Logo and the timestamp. The firmware 1.1.0na allows me to disable the logo, however it has no option whatsoever to disable the timestamp.

My question is, do I just install your V6 multipatch by placing the file on the SD card? Will I be able to return to 1.1.0na later on if needed? Thanks!

Comment

• nutsey
        nutsey commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi!

Yes you'll need to place the folder to your memory card and put your device into the recovery mode (right button + power button). You can revert it back at any time with no problems.

• ymangitu
        ymangitu commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the quick reply!

Will the V6 multipatch allow me to remove both the logo and the timestamp as well?

• nutsey
        nutsey commented
        Editing a comment
        Not really. The timestamp will be much less annoying.

• ymangitu
        ymangitu commented
        Editing a comment
        Okay, will give it a try right now. Will post here once it's done. Thanks!

• nutsey
        nutsey commented
        Editing a comment
        Make sure your device is charged. Let it work connected to external power source for 30 minutes or more.

• ymangitu
        ymangitu commented
        Editing a comment
        I was able to install V6 multipatch with success! My question is, in the previous releases was there one that had smaller timestamp? Or is there a way to reduce the size of the timestamp? I can always bottom crop the video.

• ymangitu
        ymangitu commented
        Editing a comment
        Also, I notice when I select 1920x1080 as the resolution, the actual file's resolution is 2560x1080.

• Originally posted by Skill3r View Post
      Any watermark remove hack? THX
      nutsey I know this is like a silly question, but since on the V1 multipatch you removed the logo and timestamp altogether, will it be better for me to use this? I want both logo and stamp out of the video.

Comment

• Hi! I have a little question about this custom firmware - what sounds does the ADAS have in 1.0.7v5 update? It's voice command (but shorter), or something other (like Tesla or Volvo trucks)?

Comment

• Hello guys

Today I bought 70mai Pro FW v 1.1.0na - I tested it and Im very unsatisfied with night drive performance (not readable license plates, too much exposion when car lights flash to the camera) how ever I found this topic and gone thru it. First of all Mr. nutsey thank you for your great job I saw the pictures and videos of your custom FW and the result are great when I compare to my videos.

But to the point as ussual when I try something it didnĀ“t work for me however for others it works fine but I copied V6 update folder to my SD card putted the card in camera started with those two buttons pushed up camera started to flash mode but accidetaly it show UPDATE FAILED message. Do you have som idea how to proceed now? Thank you
          Last edited by MacSixx69; 11-19-2020, 08:10 PM.

Comment

• v0ltu
            v0ltu commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm not fluent in all those mods in here, but managed to change firmware with no bigger issues.
            You may want to check those things:
            Was the SD card formatted to FAT32?
            Both buttons should be released as soon as you see update information.

After update succeeds or fails "update" folder will be deleted, so you'll have to copy it onto card again.

• Originally posted by nutsey View Post
          Set of patches to add 30s/2m/3m/5m loop intervals:
          [ATTACH]n15784[/ATTACH]

How to use: Unpack 'update' subfolder from folder named according to required interval time to your card and start normal fw update process (charge, unplug, press right+power buttons to start). Power on and reset setting to defaults.

Use '1m' to revert back to 60 sec loop time.
          Hi,
          should those patches work on a 1.0.7na V6 by nutsey ?

I tried to install 30s after installing 1.0.7na V6 but it doesn't change anything (did a factory reset after patching). Recorded videos "normal" and "emergency" still last 1 minute, and I don't see 30s option in adv. settings>recording duration.

Any advice?
          Last edited by v0ltu; 11-22-2020, 03:26 PM.

Comment

• Hi, my camera is not permanently filming after the update to v6, now I don't know if it's something normal or has something in my camera, a setting, or something I don't realize. I would be interested in filming all the way I go, whether I stay or not, as long as I feed it, any advice or some suggestion? thank you for the great job you did for us

Comment

• nutsey
              nutsey commented
              Editing a comment
              https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s70c9ma9c...DvWultj_a?dl=1

• efessro
              efessro commented
              Editing a comment
              thank you, I suppose the only solution is to revert to original firmware, i just installed your software recommend, and I miss some useful option that you create, like recording size, usb drive mode
              Last edited by efessro; 11-29-2020, 12:18 PM.

• nutsey
              nutsey commented
              Editing a comment
              Try flashing it again. But make sure your camera is fully charged (let it work for 1 hour with power connected) and your memory card is pre-formatted in your camera before.

• Wher is V6 for 1.0.9na ? I dont see instruction and link.

Comment

• Hello, I would have some questions, if you don't mind...
              Is still active this mod?
              Is there a log with modifications of original firmware? I mean, for example, if ADAS/voice functions are untouched or modified, if WDR is functional etc.
              Patches can be installed over any firmware or each patch is dedicated to a specific one?
              Can I reinstall the original firmware if I don't like the modifications?

Never mind, I returned it. I'll buy a Viofo 119 v3.
              Last edited by GunDALF; 12-09-2020, 06:46 PM.

Comment

• Sorry for this question because i am new here. Is this for dash cam midrive d02 or d05? Thx for your response

edit : find the answer. Thx nutsey
                Last edited by betox; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

• Thanks for Nutsey.

This firmware is 1.0.3CN+V5 (for 2560x1080).
                  The lens was shifted to center for wideview video.

Comment

• Hi, I am from Malaysia and am new to this group, thanks for having me. I own a 70mai pro dashcam (english version). Just want to ask regarding the patched firmware..does the latest firmware if any that is patched and will have timelapse for my dashcam?

Comment

• Hello, i cannot find thread about 70mai A800 so I decided to write here. I have today download update 1.0.6ww, but after reboot camera only show video but theres no reaction for buttons or 5 click hard reset. I tried to flash firmware 1.0.1 and 1.0.0 and any i can get but still nothing work. Even unbrick with was here posted. Please help me to unbrick it.

Edit: Now working i use old sd card 2GB SanDisk in FAT format. When i was using 32GB Samsung Evo Plus, update not worked.
                      Last edited by wilczek; 1 week ago.

Comment

Working...
                      X