Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

70mai Rearview Dash Cam Wide (D07/DR0009) custom firmware and discussions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70mai Rearview Dash Cam Wide (D07/DR0009) custom firmware and discussions.

Hey!

New 70mai device is on its way to the worldwide market. It's a mirror dashcam with a 10" display and a rearview remote cam.
    Donate here if you want to support my efforts and this site.

Email me if you have any offers, requests or ideas.

Hi!
    and I bought it... All around it's a good dashcam but it lacks the parking monitoring function. I mean i bought a parking cable and the settings says its enabled but when the car stops nothing changes. However when I turn on ACC then the dashcam says entering parking mode(???) and after that it goes back to the regular recording mode. The seller on alli sad its buggy so its not recomended to use this function. I found this post in hope of a bug fix. So just a heads up for everyone looking into buying this mirror.

Comment

Hello,
      I would be very interested in the following modifications:
      - ability to start the camera with the rear view displayed instead of the front view
      - ability to have the monitor completely turn off after 30 seconds (currently the monitor goes dark with only the time and "REC" displayed but that makes the mirror very bad at night so I have to find the button to turn it off manually every single time)
      thanks!

Comment

Hello me a week ago 70mai Rearview Mirror 9.35 "LCD I bought The image of the front camera and the rear camera was great, but unfortunately the image of the front camera has been blurred since yesterday, and this has made me very discouraged. But the rear camera of the car has a great picture. I do not know what to do. Can you help me? Mirror software version 1.0.1ww.
        thanks

Comment

• nutsey
          nutsey commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi,

What weather do you have now? It can be caused by overheating (something melts inside and the lens gets out of focus) and overcooling (condensed moisture).

Hi,

thank you for your answer. The weather in where I live is normal and it is about 2- to 8 degrees Celsius. The humidity (21%) is not high and it is normal.

Comment

Could you help to provide 70mai Rearview Dash Cam Wide english firmware? Since I've bought with china interface, I need to change the firmware to change the language of the interface.

Comment

Hi nutsey,

Thank you first for the firmware update! I wonder how you can update the firmware without the official app. Is it by putting the update folder in the SD card?

Best,
          Fan

Comment

Originally posted by fan View Post
            Is it by putting the update folder in the SD card?
            Exactly! Then press and hold the rightmost button during powering up your device.
            Donate here if you want to support my efforts and this site.

Email me if you have any offers, requests or ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by nutsey View Post
              Exactly! Then press and hold the rightmost button during powering up your device.
              I tried that many times, but the only thing it does is showing "updating" and then "update failed". I have a D07 (Chinese version) btw.

Comment

• nutsey
                nutsey commented
                Editing a comment
                Try a different memory card formatted to FAT32.

I tried putting the update in root of the sd card, the recorder seems to have started flashing, and after about 1 minute it goes to a black screen and will not start anymore...

Comment

Took it apart and tested if there is a bootloader. Nothing on the serial ports, so I think the unit has bricked. Next will be trying to program the flash manually.

Comment

• nutsey
                  nutsey commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Do you want to unsolder the flash memory chip?

• fan
                  fan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  nutsey I'll do that when I have extra time. I think it's a standard 8-pin flash, but I need to get the programmer first.

I did some reversing on the firmware in the meantime though, but it appears to be very hard to recover the actual structure of paramdef without the source code (I am thinking about increasing the bitrate, as the default one is too low)

Originally posted by fan View Post
                I tried putting the update in root of the sd card, the recorder seems to have started flashing, and after about 1 minute it goes to a black screen and will not start anymore...
                Thanks for that. I am desperately looking for a mod to disable that HUGE watermark and timestamp. It's appalling that Xiaomi aren't providing this option by default. But after seeing your post, I'm not going to risk bricking it :-(

Comment

Working...
                X