Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firmware mod request: Crosstour CT9500 (Hi3559v100)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Davideras89
    replied

hello, sorry if I introduce myself in the discussion but it seems to me that could be' related to my issue. I have a ct9500 4k30fps, and i almost immediatly realized that no matter which iso value you choose, the cam still works with auto ISO. It display the value you choose but it doesnt really work with that value. The crosstour support was not useful: they sent me a firmware update but no matter how i tried, i was not able to flash it to the cam. Can you please tell me if you were able to solve that issue? Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• nutsey
    commented on 's reply
    You need to edit your appfs or rootfs init scripts to add it.

• Nitek
    replied
    Originally posted by Philaphlous View Post
    Quick update on this. Nutsey...I still need help...

I'm able to write script in a bash.sh file and the problem is when I turn my camera on...I can switch from video to photo mode but I can't record or take pictures with the script or go into the settings... once I take the card out and swap it..it works just fine... so I know the code is doing something at least...
    How did you get your camera to run the bash.sh file?

Leave a comment:

• nutsey
    replied
    Originally posted by Philaphlous View Post
    This is the code in Notepad++ bash.sh
    HTML Code:
    case
    constexpr static const VENC_H265_CBR_S defH265Cbr =
    {
    .u32BitRate = 20480
    };
    constexpr static const VENC_H265_VBR_S defH265Vbr =
    {
    .u32MaxBitRate = 20480
    };

constexpr static const VENC_H265_AVBR_S defH265AVbr =
    {
    .u32MaxBitRate = 20480
    };

break;

This does not look like a bash code script. Where did you get it?
    Last edited by nutsey; 12-29-2020, 05:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Philaphlous
    replied
    Quick update on this. Nutsey...I still need help...

I'm able to write script in a bash.sh file and the problem is when I turn my camera on...I can switch from video to photo mode but I can't record or take pictures with the script or go into the settings... once I take the card out and swap it..it works just fine... so I know the code is doing something at least...

Here's what I think is going to edit the bitrate... I just don't know the syntax order...

This is the code in Notepad++ bash.sh
    HTML Code:
    case
    constexpr static const VENC_H265_CBR_S defH265Cbr =
    {
    .u32BitRate = 20480
    };
    constexpr static const VENC_H265_VBR_S defH265Vbr =
    {
    .u32MaxBitRate = 20480
    };

constexpr static const VENC_H265_AVBR_S defH265AVbr =
    {
    .u32MaxBitRate = 20480
    };

break;

Leave a comment:

• Philaphlous
    replied
    SO update.... I'm not sure about unpackaging the files then trying to flash them... I cannot repackage them in 7zip so I'm not sure if I Can flash them without repacking them with the same file name... Last thing I want to do is brick my camera like I did the older one...

I think the biggest thing is the actual lens... its so wide and there's so much distortion that if I had a better one it would make a world of a difference. I still have my stock lens from my older CT9500 which I don't think is much better but once i get my new 3.8mm lens which I ordered 2, I'll give all 3 a try... I'll have to entirely disassemble the camera but the good news is I can focus the lens with my laptop and using it as a webcam! So that will be incredibly easy which was my biggest worry!

Leave a comment:

• Philaphlous
    commented on 's reply
    FINALLY! I went for it (on the OLD CT9500) and changed the firmware version at the end of the paramdef and paramdef.bak. I changed them to something like V2.5.0.5-A and it flashed!!! I'm trying your firmware on the old camera now. Seems like if there's a significant firmware version number change it'll flash... Now for the new camera firmware... I'm not sure how to address it since the paramdef is within some type of zip file...I'm not sure if I should unpack it and just rename it without the ~ and give that a try with the new firmware number change???

Edit: I just tried your firmware and I believe it just bricked my older CT9500...RIP... I don't think I'll be able to reflash the old firmware...
    The light still blinks blue on boot as it normally does but it doesn't boot...just black screen. I've tried flashing back the firmware but maybe it actually doesn't flash bc it's the same version...I'll keep trying.
    Last edited by Philaphlous; 07-02-2020, 11:21 PM.

• nutsey
    commented on 's reply
    Can't help you with it as I don't have this device.

• Philaphlous
    commented on 's reply
    Still haven't been able to find the recovery mode.

• nutsey
    commented on 's reply
    Do you know how to get into recovery mode?

• Philaphlous
    commented on 's reply
    IT won't let me flash anything on the old camera... I'm guessing it has something to do with the config file at the beginning of the firmware? Like the quiet function or something that's kicking out if the firmware version is the same...?

• nutsey
    commented on 's reply
    Here is your older paramdef with doubled 1080p30 bitrates : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NVq...ew?usp=sharing

• Philaphlous
    commented on 's reply
    OK! I've been doing research on the bash script...looks like it might be able to work.. I have a test platform with my old CT9500 so I think I'll test the scripting with that before I move it over to my new camera... Here's the link again to the OLD camera firmware: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...41?usp=sharing
    I've searched for 512000 has a integer number but I get like 6 different values in the paramdef file.. I'm not sure which one actually edits the bitrate according to this set of firmware... I think I can use a sed command in the bash file to edit the hex value of this file... I just need to know what I'm looking for...

• nutsey
    commented on 's reply
    autoexec.ash hacks work only with Ambarella cams. Here we can add similar feature by calling a bash script with himm commands for memory patching during init.

• Philaphlous
    commented on 's reply
    Has anyone ever tried the autoexec.ach on a crosstour dash cam or is that something specific to yi cameras? I'm wondering if I could mod the bitrates with something like this: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/thread...5/#post-439161
Working...
X