Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

70mai A500 / Pro Plus (Hi3556V100+IMX335) dashcam hacks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70mai A500 / Pro Plus (Hi3556V100+IMX335) dashcam hacks.

70mai A500 dash camera uses YAFFS2 filesystem to store some important data in flash memory. Other HiSilicon devices usually use UBIFS, JFFS2, SQUASHFS and EXT4 filesystem.

Linux tools for unpacking and repacking YAFFS2 filesystem image:
    DOWNLOAD YAFFS2TOOLS

Usage:
    To unpack: Put your appfs.yaffs to the folder with unpacked files. Run unpack.sh. New appfs folder with unpacked files will appear.
    To repack: Edit the appfs folder according to your needs (like replacing some voice audio files or UI text files). Run repack.sh and get the appfs_rep.yaffs file.

Compiled from sources from here and HiSilicon SDK.
    Donate here if you want to support my efforts and this site.

Email me if you have any offers, requests or ideas.

Script by flecks for unpacking fw update packages ("zip" files which are not zip files) for 70mai A500:
    DOWNLOAD

4pda.ru link
    Donate here if you want to support my efforts and this site.

Email me if you have any offers, requests or ideas.

Comment

Can you please provide a link with a custom firmware for 70mai pro plus a500s that has time lapse parking mode?
      thank you in advance and keep up your good work!!

Comment

• nutsey
        nutsey commented
        Editing a comment
        A500s is built on a brand new hardware platform and I don't have this device on my hands to try repacking any custom firmwares at the moment.

Oh ok thank you for the info! If you get your hands on one please look into it!!

Comment

Mee too interested on 70mai a500s for time lapse parking mode.
        Can i patch and modify sensitivity on parking mode because my camera is on high sensitivity on parking mode and does not start when i hit the car, close the door, hit the tires, tap the windshield?
        The car need to be hit by a truck to start the recording or hit the camera hard.

Comment

Working...
        X