Akaso Brave 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Akaso Brave 7

The front board is soldered to the rear board in three places by wires the leftmost of which seem to be soldered on at reverse polarity, the right hand two of which don't seem to carry any voltage. Also there is an IC missing from the right most power connection. Any ideas what that might be? Also, a much larger IC missing from the top left of the board.

I'd like to replace the lens with a rectilnear lens. Does anyone have any lens recommendations for me? Are the "Low distortion lens" the same idea as a rectilinear lens? The lens in the camera has no markings.

I can desolder and completely dismantle the camera and take a copy of the firmware, assuming that it is on an 8 pin soic. If anyone wants me to do that, I will and upload it here.

I'm frustrated because I bought this camera recently and then bought an "Integral Ultima Pro" SD card with 170mbs read and 100mbs write because I assumed that the video that I was recoding was choppy because the SD card was throttling it to 15mbps but even with the new card the video quality is poor and to enable lens correction I have to disable EIS.

Anyway, I appreciate your consideration.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210628_212542[1].jpg
Views:	107
Size:	1.90 MB
ID:	20013

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210628_212542[1].jpg
Views:	177
Size:	1.90 MB
ID:	20012

Originally posted by elBundinio View Post
    Are the "Low distortion lens" the same idea as a rectilinear lens?
    Yes. A rectilinear lens means "zero distortion lens". Such lenses do not exist in real life so we can assume that "low distortion" lenses are close enough to be used as rectilinear ones.
    Donate here if you want to support my efforts and this site.

Email me if you have any offers, requests or ideas.

Comment

This IC is a W25Q128JVEIQ so I guess the SOIC clip is out but I could solder wires directly from the CH341a to the pins of the IC. I've ordered some kynar wire from eBay. I'll look for a software solution.
      Attached Files

Comment

The Synco Lav-S6E microphone didn't work with either a Sony EC260 "dumb" usb-c to headphone adapter or with this thing, which apparently has a DAC in it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and the cable on the official microphone was too long anyway so I cut it open and found just two wires inside with infinite resistance between them. I suspect that there is a resistor somewhere so I have ordered a USB C breakout board and I will test when it arrives.
        Attached Files

Comment

GND and "B5 CC2"? Are tied.
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X