• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	GR1KS+.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	7016
    Another Hi3559 + IMX377 4K action cam with touchscreen, H.265, HDR, RAW, 6-axis Gyro support.

Comment

• skinnie
      skinnie commented
      Editing a comment
      Nutsey do you have any idea of price, release date of cameras like this one?
      Right now I was watching an SJ7, but with the arrival os this new chipset, h.265 it may be a bad time to buy it, no?
      I don't have necessity for an action cam, so I can wait.

• nutsey
      nutsey commented
      Editing a comment
      skinnie I expect Hi3559 + IMX377 cams to be widely available in a month within $150-200 price range. There also will be cheaper Hi3559 cams with Panasonic sensor.

B1KS+ (Hi3559 + IMX377) 6-axis gyro stabilization demo

Comment

DLFPV DL-AC4H action camera LINK

Name:	DLFPV.jpg
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	7076
      Hi3559 + Panasonic MN34120

Comment

Under sub brand REXSO Elephone Explorer K - https://www.elephone.hk/explorer-k#/

* Hisilicon HI3559 Chipset
      * H265
      * Panasonic MN34120

*Specs for Hi3559V100 http://www.hisilicon.com/en/Products

4K@30 fps+1080p@30 fps or 1440p@60 fps+1080p@30fps H.265 encoding
      2K x 2K@30 fps 3D or 3K x 3K@15 fps dual-fisheyeinputs
      6-DoF DIS (?)
      Dual sensor IN with stitching function;
      USB 3.0 or PCIe 2.0 high-speed interface
      Professional 1080p video RAW output 1.25 W typical power consumption in the 4K@30fps+1080p@30 fps H.265 encoding scenario 10 mm x 10 mm (0.39 in. x 0.39 in.) package

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	39.7 KB ID:	7837
      Last edited by AussieKev; 12-10-2017, 03:33 PM.

Comment

• nutsey
        nutsey commented
        Editing a comment
        Prototype PCB:

Explorer K PCB:

• petesimon
        petesimon commented
        Editing a comment
        Alex in the Redskull channel said that the camera lets you choose between h264 and h265 codec.
        video link - https://youtu.be/O28BTD0T3BY - and the see video comments there
        Last edited by petesimon; 01-16-2018, 12:55 AM.

• AussieKev
        AussieKev commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, can see the setting in menu where you can switch too. Pretty good and unlike EKEN H6S you can switch EIS ... or DIS if you want to go 3rd Gen! ... ON/OFF Wasn't long ago it was called GYRO LOL

Is this chipset stable?

Comment

• AussieKev
        AussieKev commented
        Editing a comment
        Reviewer comments. Just released so don't know but Hisilicon have good reports.
        "Elephone chose Huawei’s Hisilicon H3559 chipset to ensure the best performance. And because image stabilization in sports cameras is always a difficult task, the company keeps working on it, optimizing it as much as possible. To ensure maximum performance, REXSO equipped Explorer K with a professional six-axis gyroscope. Combined with the real 4K@30fps video, the image is more stable than Go Pro in fast scenes."

Some are comparing the HiSilicon H3559 with Amba A9 SoC
        Last edited by AussieKev; 12-11-2017, 03:38 PM.

• AussieKev
        AussieKev commented
        Editing a comment
        Seems 2 versions of chipset -
        Hi3559 V100 Professional 2K/4K Mobile Camera SoC (28-07-2016)
        Hi3559A V100 ES ultra-HD Mobile Camera SoC (20-12-2016)

SOOCOO S300 Sports Camera Hi3559V100 + IMX377 Built-In WiFi Gyroscope Anti-shake 4K 30FPS External Microphone

Name:	file.jpg
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	7854
      Hi3559V100
      IMX377

http://www.soocooplus.com/soocoo-s30...al-mic-gps?p=3
      https://www.gearbest.com/action-cameras/pp_1191616.html
      Last edited by ada; 12-11-2017, 02:15 PM.

Comment

• AussieKev
        AussieKev commented
        Editing a comment
        WARNING! Detected Trojan virus "Odessa" when I was loading SooCoo site?
        12.12.2017 03.33.04;Download blocked; h t t p://tizermedias.com/odessa/?54vFcZ&se_referrer=&default_keyword=SOOCOO S300 4K 30FPS Sports Camera 2.35;Trojan-Downloader.HTML.JScript.dw;h t t p://tizermedias . com/odessa/?54vFcZ&se_referrer=&default_keyword=SOOCOO S300 4K 30FPS Sports Camera 2.35;Google Chrome;Trojan program;12/12/2017 03:33:04
        *** Happened a few days ago when attempting Elephone site so not sure if just me or what?

• nutsey
        nutsey commented
        Editing a comment
        I also noticed similar problems with this site, but I have a bunch of ad blockers enabled so I've got only a warning about some redirects.

• nutsey
        nutsey commented
        Editing a comment
        Can anyone with S300 confirm that enabling Gyro EIS for 4K and 2K modes lowers the framerate to 13 and 24 fps correspondingly?

elephone k, not a very good review. Footage looks good, until it's moving.

https://youtu.be/wPaBHVP5Qr0

Comment

• nutsey
        nutsey commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, I'm also keen on Amba A7 platform. My favorite action cam at the moment is Activeon DX which is based on A7+IMX117. It has a great lens and many nice features not available for any other cam I used to deal with.

• AussieKev
        AussieKev commented
        Editing a comment
        Activeon DX says FHD60 but also UXGA 1600 x 1200 60/30fps, now that is unusual. I prefer the color and clarity of A7 too. Not over exposed especially blue sky, ocean and so on. Checked website still has upgrade DX Firmware V3.0.3 available etc. Good manual too.

• nutsey
        nutsey commented
        Editing a comment
        Those Koreans managed to get 95% from the hardware and I added my 5% with some autoexec.ash script tweaks.

Bunchmunch Thanx for sharing!

Name:	Explorer K.jpg
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	7867
      It seems to have somewhat an early firmware version, but I must say it is already not that bad. I hope Elephone will manage to fix problems with updates.

Comment

• Bunchmunch
        Bunchmunch commented
        Editing a comment
        So the DIS was off and all of the recording was 4K 30... there are zero options in the firmware at this time, no data rate, exposure etc... DIS is on always in every mode that it supports, that’s how dumb the FW is.

The camera image quality and mic is awesome, and if they add protune type settings this is a GoPro killer, IMO. Especially if it’s only $90
        Last edited by Bunchmunch; 12-13-2017, 07:08 PM.

• Hasan175
        Hasan175 commented
        Editing a comment
        discard the original video 1080 (60fps) and 2k.

RAW photo! I wonder how it compares with the E7 etc that also have the Panasonic sensor

Comment

Any HI3559A cameras with HDR video or 10bit h265 video yet? I've only seen 8bit h265 video samples on youtube...

And what does the raw video output mean? dng sequence?

Comment

Soocoo S300 photo and video samples.

Comment

• AussieKev
            AussieKev commented
            Editing a comment
            Seems out of focus in distance, leaves not clear on trees, in videos. Slo Mo nice but again distant buildings/tower (flag vids) not so good.
            EDIT - EIS comparison the EIS is very good
            Last edited by AussieKev; 02-04-2018, 06:16 PM. Reason: EIS

Originally posted by nutsey View Post
          Pruvue PV53 (Hi3559 + Sony) action camera sample footages:

mate this model was only a prototype? why we not find in the market?

Comment

• nutsey
            nutsey commented
            Editing a comment
            I have no idea about the reason here but I'm pretty sure we'll see more cams with this hardware as well as Allwinner V5 based stuff soon....

• TwoBlues
            TwoBlues commented
            Editing a comment
            eBay us has two sellers with a Pruvue pv 53 and a pv 59. The 53 has the 3559 SoC and Sony ,the pv 59 with Novatek and Panasonic. But strangely the two pictures are identical, and two very red buttons top and front.Curious!

Just ordered this: Geekbuying.com

Vikcam V50 iCatch V50 Panasonic 34112 2.0 Inch LCD Action Camera 4K 30FPS Wifi Dual Screens 170 Degree Wide Angle 1050mAh - Black

What ya think? real 4k? anyone got it yet? Found it below that magic price I was sqwaking about. -Albert

Comment

• nutsey
            nutsey commented
            Editing a comment
            This cam should share the hardware platform with ThiEYE T5 Edge and E7 cams.
        Working...
        X