Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AEE Silver S91B specs ?

Hello
    Does anyone know the chipset and sensor for the AEE Silver? I have searched Google but can not find anything any help appreciated.

Hi,

I suppose it is based on Ambarella A12 SoC and IMX078 sensor. Going to confirm that in a week or so as I've just ordered one.
    Donate here if you want to support my efforts and this site.

Email me if you have any offers, requests or ideas.

Comment

Thank you very much.

Comment

• nutsey
        nutsey commented
        Editing a comment
        I was wrong. The SoC is iCatch. Most likely SPCA6350. Sensor model TBD.

• nutsey
        nutsey commented
        Editing a comment
        The CMOS sensor is 4M Omnivision OV4689.

I bought this for low light use ( have not tried it yet) on a telescope for views of the moon and figured if I can see any more it tis just a bonus. Thanks I will read some of the info on your page.

Comment

• nutsey
        nutsey commented
        Editing a comment
        How are planning to mount it to your eyepiece? Probably you'll have to remove the front glass panel to do it.

I am just going to put it over an eyepiece to test it and if it,s ok I will put a CS mount and 1 1/4 adapter for the scope. I got this cheap and it,s the wireless live view that has me interested.

Comment

• nutsey
        nutsey commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok, I got it. Here is one tip for you: remove battery, press and hold two buttons on the top and plug in USB cable to enable webcam mode.

Thanks I will have a look for Win 10 drivers . I tried the button push and no luck, system does not see the cam. Strang how AEE can sell these as 16MP cameras and yet the sensor is 4 mp . Software hocus pocus I guess .

Comment

• nutsey
        nutsey commented
        Editing a comment
        Hmm... Interesting... Somehow I've managed to put the device into webcam mode (it appeared in device manager as "iCatch Video Device" or something like this) with 2 top buttons pressed when I was looking for recovery mode. Now I can't do it.

• nutsey
        nutsey commented
        Editing a comment
        BTW I've got some tips for disassembling this cam. Let me know if you're going to take it apart.
    Working...
    X