A12 RAW scripts.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A12 RAW scripts.

Scripts for saving stills in RAW format with Ambarella A12 based action cams.

A12 RAW-CAP
    A12_RAW-CAP_script.zip
    Captures single RAW and switches back into normal mode.

A12 RAW-LAPSE
    A12_RAW-LAPSE_script.zip
    Starts endless loop saving a RAW file every 3 seconds. Note: captured files will be rewrited after turning on again.

A12 RAW-DEBUG
    A12_RAW-DEBUG_script.zip
    Same as A12 RAW-CAP, but it also saves ituner settings (check ituner.txt file).

At the moment RAW files are saved in cropped resolution (4096x2160 or 3840x2160 pixels).

Use this settings file for converting to DNG:
    raw2nef.zip

Please leave your feedback in comments!

- -- ----- >>> Mirror download link at Google drive: https://goo.gl/GlXOnL <<< ---- -- -
    Attached Files

Hello mate,
    First of all, thank you for the great job for all of us.
    Secondly, I tried the RAW script on my ThiEYE T5e with the last FW.
    Finally, I have gotten RAW file!!! It's amazing!

So, I copied the RAW script on clean SD card, after the script completed the work, on the SD card appeared folders and files below.
    Attached Files

Comment

• nutsey
      nutsey commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi,
      I'm glad to see that my works are helpful for someone

It looks like we have opportunity to get 9Mp RAW file on ThiEYE T5.
    Attached Files

Comment

• nutsey
      nutsey commented
      Editing a comment
      The next step is to find out how to change the resolution to capture full-frame RAWs.

Yes it works on ThiEYE T5E as I just tried it too. Need to try in a daylight though. Do you know how is exposure measured when RAW image it taken? Same way as JPG with automatic ISO and shutter?

Comment

• Ezek
      Ezek commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe this command will work:
      #t imgproc -ae exp [iso|agc] [-shutter_idx] [mode] - set still exposure, mode 0: ISO, mode 1: agc
      #ISO100, Shutter Auto
      t imgproc -ae exp 100 0 0

hi mate, any ideas why need to capture in RAW? is the quality much better ?

Comment

• nutsey
      nutsey commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi. The answer is simple - in-cam image processing algorithms have to work fast, be universal and free of extra license fees for chip manufacturers, you don't have such limitations when shooting RAW.

EKEN H8 Plus doesn't work, but is supposedly A12S75

Comment

The script doesn't work on 64GB card (Fat32, not exFAT)) - camera just ignores it. Works on the same camera with 32GB card (FAT32 too).
    When it works, switching to normal mode is fine for video. However in case I switch to photo right after RAW, camera hangs. If I take video first, then I can take photo aftewards.
    Last edited by MikLav; 04-24-2017, 07:31 AM.

Comment

the raw script on my t5 (firmware 022817) has a problem : after 5 seconds it creates a raw file at the root of the sd card but if i want to snap another photo i go to photo mode and after i snap the photo my screen goes black and i have to remove the battery to reset the camera) is it as expected ? does this script prevent us from using the camera normally after the raw file is captured after a 5 second delay after boot ? i hoped this script it would just add a raw file in addition to each jpeg when you snap photos.
      Last edited by amanieux; 04-29-2017, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by amanieux View Post
        i hoped this script it would just add a raw file in addition to each jpeg when you snap photos.
        The script automatically captures one raw file on camera startup. Unfortunately, there is no way (yet) to enable RAW capturing inlined with JPEGs...

Comment

Originally posted by schnurbi View Post
          EKEN H8 Plus doesn't work, but is supposedly A12S75
          Nutsey ..... any likelyhood of a working solution for the Eken H8plus ?
          cheer Grant

Comment

• nutsey
            nutsey commented
            Editing a comment
            Seems like this command is disabled for these cams...

I get this when trying to download: Invalid Page URL. If this is an error and the page should exist, please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message.

Can someone email the files to tony.sjcam@gmail.com?

Thanks!

Comment

• nutsey
            nutsey commented
            Editing a comment
            SJCAM_Official I've emailed you those files. Good luck with them and please share to us any ideas and feedback for the scripts and RAWs...

Bummer, none of these worked for Garmin 55.

Comment

Working...
          X