X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70MAI Pro dashcam hacks and patches.

Set of patches to add 30s/2m/3m/5m loop intervals:
    loop time patches.zip

How to use: Unpack 'update' subfolder from folder named according to required interval time to your card and start normal fw update process (charge, unplug, press right+power buttons to start). Power on and reset setting to defaults.

Use '1m' to revert back to 60 sec loop time.
    Donate here if you want to support my efforts and this site. Other options for gratefulness are also available on request.

Email me if you have any offers, requests or ideas.

Any watermark remove hack? THX

Comment

• nutsey
      nutsey commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep. I've managed to remove the logo. But for some reason the timestamp goes away as well. More tests are needed here.

Thank you for this update i will try it today. and same question if possible to remove 70mai logo. Thanks again

Comment

Witam. Niestety u mnie aktualizacja nie działa wyskakuje falidet co robie nie tak? utworzyłem folder o nazwie aktualizacja wypakowałem 3min włożyłem do podłączonej kamerki włączam prawy przycisk oraz zasilane pyta o updating i wyskakuje falidet

Comment

Multipatch v1:
        70mai pro multipatch v1.zip

Changes:
        1. Bitrate values 21/37/50 for 1080/1440/1944 modes.
        2. GOP lowered to 8.
        3. Loop interval choice. 30s - 1m - 90s - 2m - 3m - 5m.
        4. Logo off.
        5. Timestamp scaled down.
        Donate here if you want to support my efforts and this site. Other options for gratefulness are also available on request.

Comment

I don't know what to say, we request 70mai million time for this options. i cant thank you enough i was thinking to change my camera. Thank you so much

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Thank you for all your hard work!

Can you please check what's the file size difference between 1m and 5m ? I presume the bitrate doesn't matter if it's percentages we're talking in.
            Is there an option to toggle logo on/off or it is off once you apply this hack/fix?
            Where do we choose the bitrate and loop interval values, in camera menu only?
            What happens if I connect the camera to the phone, does it rewrite the settings(bitrate-loop time)?

Thanks!

Comment

Thx for multipatch and my question is how I know status of internal battery?

Comment

Thanks for your work, nutsey. Waiting for Multipatch v2 release!

Comment

Everything is perfect no more logo and i love the size of time and date. only one small issue with GPS coordinates and speed disappears after 2 minutes of the video.

Comment

• nutsey
                    nutsey commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks for your feedback!

nutsey Dzięki jesteś WIELKI czekamy na następne poprawki

Comment

Multipatch v2 raw test footage: https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?c...6AlJ2H5X3UBNMk

Comment

Originally posted by nutsey View Post
                      Multipatch v2 raw test footage
                      Nice.

Any ETA for new utility release?

Click image for larger version

Name:	17729117.png
Views:	1363
Size:	112.5 KB
ID:	15848Click image for larger version

Name:	17729116.png
Views:	1353
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	15849

Comment

• nutsey
                        nutsey commented
                        Editing a comment
                        It's going to happen very soon

Tried to install mod on dashcam, but it says "Update Failed" and then restarts.
                      Copied "update" folder to sd card, right button+start button, the camera goes into install mod, but after one second shuts down and doesn't install anything. Other times it just says "Update Failed" and shuts down.

Can you please post a step by step guide?
                      Thanks!

Comment

• muniek62
                        muniek62 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        sprawdź nagranie z kamerki też tak miałem a okazuje się że nagrywa 5min bo w menu nic sie nie zmienia daj znać czy jest OK

• nutsey
                        nutsey commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You are doing it right. The patch needs just a couple of seconds to be installed. "Update Failed" appears after you trying to flash it after booting with "update" folder on card (it is deleted during normal startup).

• Surf_Dude
                        Surf_Dude commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks, I managed to make it work. Turns out I wasn't resetting the camera to default.
                        Some values, for info: A 3 minute video, at 2560x1440 res. has ~540-550MB. Bitrate was 24-26Mbps.

• nutsey
                        nutsey commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Was it a static scene?

• Surf_Dude
                        Surf_Dude commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yes, it was static.
                        Now recorded in car, all continuous motion: biggest file size: ~760MB, bitrate: ~35Mbps. All this for 3m video, at 1440p resolution.

Is this camera capable of 60fps? At, let's say 1080p, to keep file size decent enough.
                        Would there be a way to control EV or toggle WDR on/off?

And there's one other problem: In PAL mode, to achieve 30fps, every 6th(or 7th frame, can't remember) is doubled. It results in a little jerky playback. Can this be somehow fixed? Choosing NTSC results in light flickering during night time.
                        Last edited by Surf_Dude; 10-28-2019, 12:01 PM.

• nutsey
                        nutsey commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Working on these at the moment. Seems like 60fps is not implemented in sensor driver. Probably one of 25fps (PAL) modes can be transformed into 60.

• Surf_Dude
                        Surf_Dude commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Great, thanks!

After checking, it seems that the doubled frame in PAL mode is fixed.
                        I'm pretty sure this was a problem before installing your mod. Can you confirm one or the other?

L.E.:
                        Back with some feedback, if you don't mind. Tried the mod in night time. The footage looks noisier than before, even in well lit areas. Have you modified any ISO values or stuff like that? But I think despite of more noise, the license plates are actually readable when in the correct angle.
                        Some info for 3m-1440p biggest file size I had: ~620MB at ~28Mbps.
                        Last edited by Surf_Dude; 10-28-2019, 06:59 PM.
                    Working...
                    X