Extral HD 4k fake cam:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extral HD 4k fake cam:

Extral HD 4k fake cam: This one I wanted to get to see if it is better than my 4k F60 I got years ago. So in the mail today!
    I just found it on E-bay after looking at about 20 cameras for sale all described differently, this guy was the only one who had the correct information in his ad.
    with the Gyro and 24fps 4k. Man it takes effort to get something good out there. (your gonna tell me its not good now... lol )

General Complete name : G:\Novatek\Movie\2016_0101_033740_003.MP4
    Format : MPEG-4
    Format profile : Base Media / Version 2
    Codec ID : mp42
    File size : 13.7 MiB
    Duration : 4s 736ms
    Overall bit rate : 24.2 Mbps
    Movie name/More : DEMO1
    Encoded date : UTC 2016-01-01 03:37:44
    Tagged date : UTC 2016-01-01 03:37:44
    Origin : NOVATEK

Video ID : 1
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : [email protected]
    Format settings, CABAC : Yes
    Format settings, ReFrames : 1 frame
    Codec ID : avc1
    Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
    Duration : 4s 542ms
    Bit rate : 24.6 Mbps
    Width : 2 880 pixels
    Height : 2 160 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate mode : Constant
    Frame rate : 24.000 fps
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progressive
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.165
    Stream size : 13.3 MiB (97%)
    Language : English

Audio ID : 2
    Format : AAC
    Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
    Format profile : LC
    Codec ID : 40
    Duration : 4s 736ms
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 96.0 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 1 channel
    Channel positions : Front: C
    Sampling rate : 32.0 KHz
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Stream size : 55.5 KiB (0%)
    Language : English

Disapointed so far. My old F60 did not have such a grain in it. I gonna have to make more photos with my F60 to compare maybe its my eyes..

Comment

• nutsey
      nutsey commented
      Editing a comment
      Please share some side-by-side shots.

• petesimon
      petesimon commented
      Editing a comment
      according to your first post here, the camera is a normal Extral SJ8000 with Novatek 96660 processor and Sony IMX078 sensor. I got a clone of this camera called a YAGOO7 - link here.

I recommend that you adjust EV, white balance, sharpness and other settings depending on scene and lighting, and use 1080p 30fps, 1080p 60fps (my favorite), and 2k 30fps modes but not 4k mode.

So i believe there are 1> not 1080P cams (only 480 or 960 lines) selling $9 ~ $29 ( I would avoid, others give more for same $ )
    2> 1080P cams, usually only brand names
    3> fake 4k that were cheaper than the brand names and actually had useful 1080 or 2.7K modes starting with H9 clones, then F60 selling now $19
    4> fake 4k like the Novatek 2880 x 2000 or so at 24fps that looks like real 8mp sensor pictures. I got this one for less than $40 !
    5> real 4k from $100 up
    So go for the H9 or F60 in the teens if your looking for cheap. and avoid those 1080 nock offs because they never have 1080p. get a 4k fake instead.

The hardest part to wrap my brain around is some cameras have 4mp sensors some have 8mp others 12mp and its a lotto to catch a maker who
    actually allows the software to save a clean still picture at those resoutions. SJCam, Soocoo, MGcool, Elephone, "furbee", and prices are everywhere.

I have no key words for H9 cameras, they record 4K and 2.7K in MJPEG format, 1080 was in a different actual compression. and its time lapse function takes individual pictures instead of making a movie. *** Used to the rumor was Round Up and Down Buttons were signs of "H9" to avoid em.
    Keywords for F60 "drama, H.264 Mp4 .5 sec time lapse, XDV". This stood out to me as the best time lapse VIDEO picture every .5 seconds.
    Keyword for Novatek "Gyro 24fps 2880 res." Fastest time lapse only every 1 second.

The ads for the 30fps actually say theirs is "better" than the 24fps, which is NOT true. So you cannot believe all that jazz, just watch the details of the listing to really find out which one they are selling you.

Read about my misadventure buying the cheapest camera on Ebay (do not do what I did):
    https://www.goprawn.com/forum/others...-sj4000-stinky

You are right nutsey, my eyes open, lol. here is what I call my F60: I ordered it through AliExpress a few years ago, it was the cheapest of its Type.
    Shows a Big Orange X when it loads up. Its been a great cam at 2.7K.
    Last edited by Albert; 04-21-2018, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Hey, I'm bringing this thread up since I got my SJ8000 with Novatek 96660 and IMX078 from Banggood. It comes with 20171220 firmware (see picture) with hello and goodbye splash screens. Build quality is fine, but videos grabbed at [email protected] look a bit noisy. Do you know if there is any more recent or better firmware I can test? By the way, microphone seems really good for its price!
      Thanks guys

Comment

• petesimon
        petesimon commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey I'm glad you got your cam. But please pleez do _not_ try to flash this cam, because it most likely will get 'bricked'.

Also please share some mp4 video clips from the sdcard via cloud storage.

• zioroby6
        zioroby6 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks petesimon, always really responsive! I've just taken a short video and uploaded it onto my Drive, here you have the link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Vn...hqh_R3YxHG7_zy

• petesimon
        petesimon commented
        Editing a comment
        thanks for the sample. i noticed the noisy / blocky video footage when the camera is indoors. that's common for cheap action cameras but the outdoor scene had little to no noise/blocks. Did you know ... 60fps doesn't work well indoors or in low lighting scenes. You can try other video modes. So do these settings first -- turn OFF anti-shake, turn OFF gyro, set Sharpness to Strong (or High), EV to 0, and White Balance to Auto, and test 1080p/30fps and 2.5k/30fps. You might be happier with this result.

In case you didn't see them, here are my Yagoo7 Novatek samples - https://yadi.sk/d/PrcaYrUc3RSZHo

• zioroby6
        zioroby6 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, I had seen them when deciding what to buy, I'll take another look at them while trying to figure out the best settings. Gyro was on and seems to work really well to be honest, there was almost no shake while walking. Ev was already on 0 and white balance on auto. Sharpness was on medium, I'll try the highest setting then. I'll also try the 30fps mode when I'm back home, thanks for the suggestion!
        By the way, do you agree with the quality of the microphone or is it just my impression?

• petesimon
        petesimon commented
        Editing a comment
        do you agree with the quality of the microphone or is it just my impression?
        microphone / sound quality and loudness are quite alright considering the camera is around $50. Even the Eken H9 and my Yagoo7 make good enough audio. I'm not disappointed there. Of course you can enhance the audio in an editor such as Shotcut http://www.shotcut.org

Hello guys, I'm here once again. My Extral SJ8000 has been fully refunded by Banggood since its display is defective and turning off randomly. After some time I've come to the conclusion that picture quality (for stills in particular) is quite disappointing and I wanted to try another firmware before purchasing another one. I've tried with Soocoo firmware, but I can't manage to flash it, the procedure doesn't start at all. Do you have any advice? Thanks in advance!

Comment

• nutsey
        nutsey commented
        Editing a comment
        Seems like you're trying to get your camera bricked

• zioroby6
        zioroby6 commented
        Editing a comment
        Dear nutsey, I know that there is some risk in doing this, but there's something wrong with pictures taken with this action cam, they're noisy and grainy even with good light conditions. I wanted to try another firmware just to see if it's due to bad optimization, but there are none from Extral and I was looking for a similar Ntk96660 + IMX078 camera to test its firmware. My action camera has been refunded and the display is very often off, so I'm most probably going to buy a new one to replace it...

• petesimon
        petesimon commented
        Editing a comment
        zioroby6 look into Soocoo C50 and Soocoo C30 and F68 models around Banggood, Gearbest, Aliexpress and other sites. The hardware is similar to Extral SJ8000.

C30 - https://www.goprawn.com/forum/novate...078-and-clones
        C50 - https://www.goprawn.com/forum/novate...on-camera-info
        F68 - https://www.goprawn.com/forum/novate...96660-sony-imx

Some Do not use Soocoo firmware on Extral/SJ8000.

• zioroby6
        zioroby6 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the reply petesimon, this action camera has been a real challenge! I, can't manage to start the flashing process using the Soocoo S100 Pro firmware which is available on Soocoo website and they say is the same for the C30 (which is the most similar to the SJ8000, I think). I've renamed it into FW96660A.bin and placed it inside the formatted micro SD, but no way. Any hint?

• petesimon
        petesimon commented
        Editing a comment
        bringing up an old and important statement: DO _NOT_ FLASH FIRMWARE TO THE EXTRAL SJ8000 !!! DO _NOT_ FLASH WRONG MODEL FIRMWARE TO YOUR CAMERA. YOU WILL BRICK IT !!! TRULY !!!

end of statement. done!

Sansnail NTK96660 action camera - Extral SJ8000 clone
      @ Aliexpress https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32950349628.html - and @Amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017162J0O or search for "Sansnail"

Click image for larger version

Name:	61%2B-bGOzllL._SL500_.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	16619

Comment

Working...
      X