X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fake sj9000 4K wifi suddenly shut off

Hi,
    I bought a very cheap action cam from here
    Everything seems quite normal. Off course picture and video quality is not real 4K, but it just meet my requirement.
    The problem is, many times the camera just shut down itself while recording.
    Once I use it as dashcam, and power supplied from car charger, it works normally. No shutting down itself.
    I bought another 2 batteries, but still not solved. I think it's not the battery because when the camera shuts itself I measures the battery and it still above 4.0 volts.
    I also try to bump it hardly when recording, to see whether there's bad power connection, but it stays recording.

I think it's software problem, because many times the menu is gone when powering on. Sometimes I have to power-off and on 2-3 times to return to normal menu.
    I use sandisk class 10 16GB, 32GB, 64GB.
    Cyclic record menu is also messed. There are 4 settings : off, 1 minute, 2 minutes, 3 minutes. But actually they are 3 minutes, 3 minutes, 5 minutes, 10 minutes in that particular order.

I use 720p30fps, cyclic 10 minutes. I realized that it shut off between cycle, because every file is precise 10 minutes.
    I also confirm that auto power off is set to off

I tried to flash with sj4000 firmware, by copying the firmware to the card's root folder, but the camera was not updating.
    Also I tried to go into ADB by pushing one of the button (I tried them all) and connecting to usb, but nothing happened

here and here are examples video and photo

Any advice will be appreciated

Last edited by j3n660; 09-07-2020, 01:37 PM.

SD card compatibility and/or speed could cause the camera to do weird/undesirable actions. Try another SD card. I don't know what to do about the other problems.

If you try to flash the wrong firmware, then the camera may become a useless brick. I have never found any firmware for some generic cameras.

If you would like a fully functional budget action camera that works correctly, then look for an Eken H9 ( link here ), or an F60 Allwinner V3 ( link here ). Each is $30 to $40 USD from Aliexpress or other websites.

More information about those aforementioned cameras is in their respective Facebook pages
    - here https://www.facebook.com/groups/EKENusergroup
    - and here https://www.facebook.com/groups/allw...erasusergroup/

From the Banggood site, I found the photo review of your camera. Is that correct?

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020011513395073-1374282.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	18733
    click the small photo

Comment

Hi,

Here are some pictures from my camera. Sorry to put it in gdrive, I don't know how to upload pictures to this post

Maybe there is something wrong with the LCD Display. Basically, I choose "LCD Brightness" menu to 30 seconds, means LCD will turn of after 30 seconds.
      Then I tried to disable this menu, so LCD is on all the time. The camera still records, and no shuts down. Off course battery will drain faster.
      I will try to use this option for 3-4 days, let see if it is the root cause

Comment

Working...
      X