Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Campark X20 flashed wrong firmware

Hello everybody,

a while ago, i recived the old X20 action Cam from my younger brother. He said he had flashed a new firmware with the updater provided by Campark.
    -> After the Update the cam does not turn on, anymore. Only the blue light lights on. Of course he didn`t save the original firmware (hell of a brain).

My problem is now to find the right firmware to make the cam work again =).

What I already did:

- opend the cam -> Chip: novatek nt96660 + date on the Mainboard: 2018
    - flashed several firmewares: "X20(IMX078).zip" -> (didn`t work (everything dark), and "Firmware per Campark X20 - v.6.1. 2019.rar" -> screen on, sound on stuck in the charging animation (animation goes on, and on, and on)

So what can I do to find the right firmware for my old action cam brick =) ?

Greetings MrManAsIce

Last edited by MrManAsIce; 01-24-2021, 12:13 PM. Reason: X20, Firmware, FW96660A, Novatek, Campark

Hi,

You can try this fw version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ccb8a23ukw...89%29.zip?dl=1
    Donate here if you want to support my efforts and this site.

Email me if you have any offers, requests or ideas.

Comment

Hi nutsey,

thanks for the fast reaction =). Sadly after the flash of your provided firmware (blue light and indikation light where flickering). only the blue light stays on, the screen keeps dark, even after several minutes of waiting.

Are there any additional options?

Comment

It`s geeting warmer, i got a starting picture (snowy-montain) and startup sound. But then it freezes again. (Thank you for your instant support (This is awsome!!!)).

Comment

I flashed it, same result as before. Startupscreen + Sound followed by a freez., are there any options left ? XD

Comment

• nutsey
        nutsey commented
        Editing a comment
        Seems like the CMOS sensor model does not match. Could you please disassemble your cam again to reveal the CMOS sensor make and model?

• MrManAsIce
        MrManAsIce commented
        Editing a comment
        yeap, just give me a minute ;-). What do you want to know exacly, where do find the CMOS Chip branding?

• nutsey
        nutsey commented
        Editing a comment
        Take a photo of the sensor itself. You'll probably need to unscrew 2 screws holding the lens mount in place from the back side.

Here it comes =). made a picture of the mainboard backside as well (maybe it helps).

Comment

• nutsey
        nutsey commented
        Editing a comment
        That is definitely an Omnivision OV4689 sensor. Last chance (I don't have any other firmwares for X20): https://www.dropbox.com/s/1mrq5yghbma7ex1/X20.zip?dl=1

• MrManAsIce
        MrManAsIce commented
        Editing a comment
        Nope, the screen keeps dark, no sound, only the blue LED stays on. Maybe I should email campark XD. Or someone could provide an adition firmware. Thank you for you intens help =)
    Working...
    X