Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DBPOWER EX5000 Action Camera

simple questions really..

I have one of these on the way as they are cheap and it will be trashed when caving/potholing..

1) where would I locate firmwares?
    2) is this a sjcam clone of the sj4000 wifi (2in) if so can I use those firmares?
    3)is it possible to mod/hack these cameras?
    4) what app does this use on android?

thank you for any answers

lohtse

Could you please show your camera screen at video mode. Seems like there are two hardware versions of this cam.
    Donate here if you want to support my efforts and this site.

Email me if you have any offers, requests or ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by nutsey View Post
      Could you please show your camera screen at video mode. Seems like there are two hardware versions of this cam.
      will do when it arrives(says in post its on its way)

also the reason I asked is a found a github post for this camera that had a firmware which matched the same numbers etc as the ones foe the sjcam sj4000 wifi with 2in screen

Comment

As requested
        Attached Files

Comment

• nutsey
          nutsey commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks like a Novatek chip based camera.

• lohtse
          lohtse commented
          Editing a comment
          any further response to the questions would be most helpful.....

• nutsey
          nutsey commented
          Editing a comment
          What CMOS sensor is inside your cam? AR0330 or GC2023. That is the main question.

• petesimon
          petesimon commented
          Editing a comment
          looks like it uses a cheap chip-set such as GeneralPlus but has the visual theme of a Novatek Extral SJ8000 kind of camera. I don't know any more info about this camera.

• petesimon
          petesimon commented
          Editing a comment
          the man in this video - https://youtu.be/qNnASWXW6Ks - comments that the highest mode is 1080p/30

Another question..

How would we connect directly via wifi to the camera and view the stream?? I can do it on my Camparks, and sq23s and I used to be able to do it on the SJ4000wifi... So am hoping to do it with this camera on my windows devices.
        Last edited by lohtse; 01-31-2021, 01:50 PM.

Comment

• nutsey
          nutsey commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't know for sure as I don't have this cam on hand, but I think it should be similar to your SJ4000.

any chance of the information for sjcam ip etc please

Comment

• nutsey
          nutsey commented
          Editing a comment
          "rtsp://192.168.1.254/xxx.mov" should work.

• nutsey commented
            1 minute ago
            What CMOS sensor is inside your cam? AR0330 or GC2023. That is the main question.

how would I find out~?

Comment

• nutsey
          nutsey commented
          Editing a comment
          Save your flash memory dump or disassemble the cam deeper for visual CMOS sensor check.

"rtsp://192.168.1.254/xxx.mov" should work.

worked but very laggy...

thank you

Comment

Save your flash memory dump or disassemble the cam deeper for visual CMOS sensor check.

how do I do this please?

Comment

nutsey commented
          2 minutes ago
          You'll need to get an SPI programming device and a test clip. Like this kit: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33054397283.html

arrr though it was going to be like you do for campark cams lol

Comment

• nutsey
            nutsey commented
            Editing a comment
            In theory you can save your dump via UART connection but I don't know whether the RX/TX PCB pins are available in your case.

its not worth the hassle.....I have the one ex5000 and 4 more on the way as sellers has them at £12 each....Going to convert a couple to full spectrum and leave others as they are...if theres any suggest mods and hacks please let me know same goings for best app for android...

thank you for your assistance...

Comment

Originally posted by lohtse View Post
            sellers has them at £12 each
            Where? I'd probably get one.
            Donate here if you want to support my efforts and this site.

Email me if you have any offers, requests or ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by nutsey View Post
              Where? I'd probably get one.
              on ebay.....

Comment

• petesimon commented
                  11 hours ago
                  looks like it uses a cheap chip-set such as GeneralPlus but has the visual theme of a Novatek Extral SJ8000 kind of camera. I don't know any more info about this camera.

If I was to guess my self I would say it is a Novatek chipset and not a generalplus chipset this is because I have a Generalplus based cam(sq23) and that will only connect to the sportsdv app and no other, and my camparks(allwinners) only connect with the XDV app, yet the ex5000 will only connect to the finalcam or goAction apps. just like my almost dead sj4000wifi.. If I am correct then certain chipsets have specific apps that they work with(shown with the above info) which is a good indicator... I can go a stage further as well as firmware naming follows a similar convention. And the ex5000 follows the same patterns of the sjcams and the firmware name for the ex5000 is identical to the sj4000wifi's...

I could be wrong about all this.

Comment

Working...
                X