Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firmware Required - ccbetter CS720W Action Camera - FW96655A (SJ4000 clone?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firmware Required - ccbetter CS720W Action Camera - FW96655A (SJ4000 clone?)

I'm hoping someone might be able to help me? I picked up a CS720W a few years ago, and decided I should try and update it, and naturally have ended up bricking it as the firmware is incorrect.

It's no longer listed on Amazon, but is similar to this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/CS720W-Scre.../dp/B00VWJLAJ8

I've tried multiple firmware files (FW96655A.bin), and did find one that part works, in that the camera records again but the screen is blank (white all-over). I believe the fault is probably due to the screen size being 2" rather than the standard 1.5".

Can anyone provide a firmware file?

Thanks in advance!

I found a working firmware from a DBPower EX5000, so I'm back up and running.

Next question: has anyone got one of these cameras (any Novatek) running in Wifi client mode rather than AP mode? I tried changing the SSID in the config file for the firmware I found, but it had no effect. I decompiled the firmware in Ghidra and would appear that the firmware reads the config.txt, but then does nothing with the parsed setting.

Comment

Originally posted by dsclee1 View Post
      I found a working firmware from a DBPower EX5000, so I'm back up and running.

Next question: has anyone got one of these cameras (any Novatek) running in Wifi client mode rather than AP mode? I tried changing the SSID in the config file for the firmware I found, but it had no effect. I decompiled the firmware in Ghidra and would appear that the firmware reads the config.txt, but then does nothing with the parsed setting.
      ooooooo where did you find the bdbpower ex5000 firmware and what version number? coud you share etc???

Comment

Anychance of a like etc please????

Comment

Working...
        X