Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SJCAM SJ6 Legend Action Camera - NTK96660 16MP Panasonic

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • SJCAM SJ6 Legend Action Camera - NTK96660 16MP Panasonic

    The SJCAM SJ6 Legend is SJCAM's first touchscreen and dual screen action camera. While the 4K is interpolated, it is still able to shoot high definition videos.

    The SJ6 Legend also supports gyro stabilization, adjustable, anti-fisheye adjustment, external mic and remote.

    Feel free to discuss or review the SJ6 Legend here.

  • #2
    SJ6 Legend reviews:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8o3tCi4aOI&t=4s

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6Ww-et_MKM&t=528s

    Comment


    • #3
      Does SJ6 support external stereo mic? Can it work with standard GoPro mic adapter?
      Donate here if you want to support my efforts and this site.

      Email me if you have any offers, requests or ideas.

      Comment


      • #4
        SJCAM SJ6 Legend v1.4.4 (25-02-2017) firmware update: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4t...ew?usp=sharing
        Donate here if you want to support my efforts and this site.

        Email me if you have any offers, requests or ideas.

        Comment


        • #5
          SJCAM SJ6 Legend v1.4.5 beta firmware update: https://cloud.mail.ru/public/GEe3/B8dXRUA8M
          SJCAM SJ6 Legend v1.4.5 final (2017-04-10) firmware update: https://goo.gl/wUREkq

          Changelog:

          1. Touch screen is deactivated when the camera is connected through the HDMI
          2. When changing the WiFi's name, it doesn't include anymore the MAC address by default
          3. Fixed the number of days on each month
          4. Timestamp is now being shown properly according to the selected Date Format

          20170318
          1. Optimized the IQ image effects

          20170324
          1. Optimized the touch screen response time and sensitivity

          20170328
          1. Added Quick Video and Quick Picture options
          2. Added option to turn off the front screen
          3. Added Bad Calibration option

          20170329
          1. Fixed when time format is adjusted, it is not adjusted in photos

          20170401
          1. Fixes when screen rotate and Gyro are turned on, the app crashes when recording 4K.
          2. Separates Rotation, Gyro VGA240 so they don’t interfere with eachother in App and crash camera.
          3. Fixes rotation turned on and connects to App to shot picture, camera crashes.
          Last edited by nutsey; 04-11-2017, 02:03 PM.
          Donate here if you want to support my efforts and this site.

          Email me if you have any offers, requests or ideas.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by nutsey View Post
            Does SJ6 support external stereo mic? Can it work with standard GoPro mic adapter?
            We are working to either release a stereo mic or the mic adapter. We will update everyone once we've decided which to release. Thanks for your patience.

            Comment


            • nutsey
              nutsey commented
              Editing a comment
              SJCAM_Official I would recommend releasing an adapter with manual mono/stereo switch on it. Aside from using two different resistors it shoud join both channels into one in mono mode.

          • #7
            New SJ6 Legend RAW Converter released!

            SJCAM RAW

            Comment


            • #8
              Also, there is a cool RAW photo video-lapse tutorial here:

              RAW VIDEO LAPSE
              Hello guys! In this post I’ll tell you how to make night time-lapses with SJCAM M20 like this one or that one. 1) Go to «Photo Mode» [IMG] 2)...

              Comment


              • #9
                SJ6 Legend Air announced.

                There are three main differences.
                1. SJ6 Legend has a 0.96″ front screen; SJ6 Air does not have front screen.
                2. SJ6 Legend has a 16MP Panasonic Sensor: SJ6 Air has 14MP Sensor
                3. SJ6 Legend has a Novatek chipset; SJ6 Air has an all-new SJCAM Chipset.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	A9s.png
Views:	309
Size:	2.8 KB
ID:	3627

                SJCAM_Official Can we get more details? What are SJCAM A9s chipset specs? Does it use MN34110 sensor?
                Last edited by nutsey; 04-25-2017, 09:46 AM.
                Donate here if you want to support my efforts and this site.

                Email me if you have any offers, requests or ideas.

                Comment


                • #10
                  A9 is Ambarella ... or Allwinner ?

                  Comment


                  • nutsey
                    nutsey commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm not 100% sure, but I suppose it's good old Novatek. A9s = 660, A7-10 = 658.

                • #11
                  SJCAM SJ6 Legend v1.4.6 firmware update DOWNLOAD

                  Changes:

                  1. Re-adds upgrading firmware via SJCAMZone App

                  2. Screen now stays off when selected off and unit is rebooted.

                  3. Adds menu where now set WIFI SSID and wifi passwords

                  4. Fixes 720p and APP issue which cause camera to crash.

                  5. Adds in underwater mode, please OK for more than 2 seconds to switch from photo/video.

                  6. Fixes when Gyro turned on, distortion correction icon will not be displayed.

                  7. Updates so that when press power button down long, the camera will turn on first, then the lights blink.

                  8. Fixes when distortion correction is on and sharp picture is selected, sometimes fisheye correction doesn't work.

                  9. Adds Low Light Mode option - Turn Mode off in low light and frames will not drop (but video will be darker).

                  10.IQ effect optimization: the overall effect of bright (note open "low-light mode" to see the obvious changes in brightness)

                  11. Loop video record default set to 3 minutes.

                  12. Adds Digital Zoom (DZOOM) function. (note DZOOM and some features conflict, when there is no conflict when the main interface DZOOM function button appears)

                  (Need to turn to factory default settings to realize zoom).

                  13. Resolves the freezing issue due to VGA resolution not supporting fish eye correction.

                  14. Fixes battery icon issue where when switched from photo to record, icon shows battery is full.

                  15. In car mode, unplug the charger and a delay of 10 seconds is added before shutoff.

                  When Not in car mode. Unplug the charger and the camera does not turn off

                  16. Optimizes internal and external Mic volumes
                  Donate here if you want to support my efforts and this site.

                  Email me if you have any offers, requests or ideas.

                  Comment


                  • #12
                    quite a few things added in v1.4.6. Let us know if you have any questions or requests.

                    Comment


                  • #13
                    Originally posted by nutsey View Post
                    SJCAM SJ6 Legend v1.4.6 firmware update DOWNLOAD

                    Changes:

                    1. Re-adds upgrading firmware via SJCAMZone App

                    2. Screen now stays off when selected off and unit is rebooted.

                    3. Adds menu where now set WIFI SSID and wifi passwords

                    4. Fixes 720p and APP issue which cause camera to crash.

                    5. Adds in underwater mode, please OK for more than 2 seconds to switch from photo/video.

                    6. Fixes when Gyro turned on, distortion correction icon will not be displayed.

                    7. Updates so that when press power button down long, the camera will turn on first, then the lights blink.

                    8. Fixes when distortion correction is on and sharp picture is selected, sometimes fisheye correction doesn't work.

                    9. Adds Low Light Mode option - Turn Mode off in low light and frames will not drop (but video will be darker).

                    10.IQ effect optimization: the overall effect of bright (note open "low-light mode" to see the obvious changes in brightness)

                    11. Loop video record default set to 3 minutes.

                    12. Adds Digital Zoom (DZOOM) function. (note DZOOM and some features conflict, when there is no conflict when the main interface DZOOM function button appears)

                    (Need to turn to factory default settings to realize zoom).

                    13. Resolves the freezing issue due to VGA resolution not supporting fish eye correction.

                    14. Fixes battery icon issue where when switched from photo to record, icon shows battery is full.

                    15. In car mode, unplug the charger and a delay of 10 seconds is added before shutoff.

                    When Not in car mode. Unplug the charger and the camera does not turn off

                    16. Optimizes internal and external Mic volumes
                    Sorry for the noob question, but do the Novatek SJCAMs like the SJ6 support autoexec.ash? If I want to change the Wifi to sta, can I run something like lu_util exec '/.SDO0/wifi/sta.sh' with the wifi supplicant file on a standard FW?

                    Comment


                    • nutsey
                      nutsey commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hi,
                      Unfortunately, Novatek cams do not support such features. The only way is to modify the firmware update file, but I don't what must be changed to switch the wifi mode.

                    • ben.olayinka
                      ben.olayinka commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Do you mean that they don't support running autoexec.ash or the wifi mode?

                      I found your list of WebAPI commands for the Novatek NT96660, these commands should work with the SJ6 Legend, right? What about changing the wifi mode to STA that way? https://github.com/nutsey/novatek-we...i-commands.txt

                      I have ordered both an SJ6 and an SJ7, and I'm weighing between the features of the higher resolution cam and Ambaralla on the SJ7 vs the usb webcam functionality and second screen on the SJ6.

                      An important feature for me is the ability to connect the device to my wifi network and access the RTSP stream. I found this for the SJ7 which leads me to believe it can be done:
                      https://sjcam.com/community/threads/...this-hack.272/

                      For the SJ6, I have found nothing, but I believe it already sends an RTSP stream over the network, so if I can figure out how to get it in STA mode, I should be able to see it. I believe the same autoexec.ash script that enables STA wifi mode for the SJ7 (from above) should work on the SJ6 if I have a modified FW that runs the autoexec.ash

                    • nutsey
                      nutsey commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I don't think running any autoexec.ash scripts is possible with Novatek chips. There are too many differences in hardware and software. Moreover, 'ASH' means AmbaSHell. Don't waste your time and try those WebAPI commands.

                  • #14
                    Originally posted by SJCAM_Official View Post
                    quite a few things added in v1.4.6. Let us know if you have any questions or requests.
                    There's not much information available about the usb webcam mode on the SJ6 Legend. Do you know what the supported resolutions are?

                    This is also a long shot, but there's not supported way to enable Wifi client mode to connect to an existing Wifi network, is there? I'd prefer to connect to my home network so that I can access the SJCAM while retaining my internet connection.

                    Comment


                    • #15
                      I have SJ6 Legend with ver.1.4.8 firmware. In UVC (webcam) mode it supports the following resolutions:

                      1920x1080 30fps
                      1280x720 30fps
                      640x480 30fps (cropped)
                      320x240 30fps (cropped)

                      All are MJPEG encoded, no option for RAW. Also it works in UVC mode without battery (powered by USB bus) which is nice in case you want to shave off some weight in the UAV application.

                      It would be even better if it can be booted up right into webcam mode without manual selection screen (UVC vs USB storage mode) and with its LCD screen off. Something for SJCAM to consider in case they care about customers putting this cam on UAV.

                      -albertr
                      Last edited by albertr; 03-29-2018, 11:22 PM.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X