GitUp Git1 MODx custom firmware.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GitUp Git1 MODx custom firmware.

GoPrawn1 mod (MOD0) based on v1.40 fw download.

Changes:
    • Low bitrate value for 1080p30 set to 8Mbps (YouTube recommended value for FullHD 30fps footages).
    • Med bitrate value for 1080p30 set to 14Mbps.
    • Photo resolutions fixed to match IMX322 sensor pixel count: 12M - 3840x2880, 8M - 2880x2160, 5M - 1920x1440, 3M - 1440x1080

MOD1 download

Changes:
    • 960P mode transformed into '4:3P' 1440x1080p30 with bitrate values 25/14/8 for High, Med and Low setings.
    • WVGA mode transfomed into CCTV mode - High bitrate = 720p10 1200kbps, Med bitrate = 720p10 800kbps and Low bitrate = 720p8 600kbps.
    • AE table adjusted in order to skip light metering in the very corners.
    • High bitrate value for 1080p30 raised to 30Mbps.
    • GitUp MODx startup logo.

MOD2 download

Changes:
    • Flat color profile added instead of Sepia. Use with Sharpness set to 'soft', Contrast set to 'low', WDR off and 'High' bitrate in 1080p30 mode. Click image for larger version  Name:	flatcolor.jpg Views:	1 Size:	17.6 KB ID:	6291

MOD3 download

Changes: UI/VI - the color of active/selected items changed to orange.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	MOD3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	6763
    Last edited by nutsey; 09-27-2017, 04:39 PM.
    If you find this site useful and interesting please feel free to support it by clicking highlighted text links and the banner below.

Git1 FW ver.1.3 (yes, not latest but I don`t care) FULLBACKUP. Made it using CH341A cheap programmer. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8j...ew?usp=sharing
    How to connect programmer and UART pins - http://imgur.com/a/D1ZVd
    (very unfriendly forum engine, can`t upload and made preview here, sorry)

Comment

Guys, I want to change WDR settings in order to get something more useful from it.
      For example, we can try to get constant real-time conversion from Extended Range into Legal Range to match Rec.709 standard.

So, now Git1 camera uses the following WDR settings:

Code:
      /**
          Retinex parameter set
      */
      typedef struct _IME_RETINEX
      {
          UINT32  gGain_B;    ///<global gain on bright part
          UINT32  gGain_D;    ///<global gain on dark part
          UINT32  lGain_B;    ///<local gain on bright part
          UINT32  lGain_D;    ///<local gain on dark part
          UINT32  cGain_R;    ///<retinex color gain on R
          UINT32  cGain_G;    ///<retinex color gain on G
          UINT32  cGain_B;    ///<retinex color gain on B
          UINT32  ExagGain;   ///<color gain for exaggerating effect

UINT32  SubRatio;       ///< sub out size: size/(1<<(SubRatio))
      }IME_RETINEX;

/**
      Code:
                          IME_RetInex[WDR_Value].gGain_D  = GetRtxGainInfo.uiGDGain;
                          IME_RetInex[WDR_Value].gGain_B  = GetRtxGainInfo.uiGLGain;
                          IME_RetInex[WDR_Value].lGain_D  = GetRtxGainInfo.uiLDGain;
                          IME_RetInex[WDR_Value].lGain_B  = GetRtxGainInfo.uiLLGain;
                          IME_RetInex[WDR_Value].cGain_R  = GetRtxGainInfo.uiRGain;
                          IME_RetInex[WDR_Value].cGain_G  = GetRtxGainInfo.uiGGain;
                          IME_RetInex[WDR_Value].cGain_B  = GetRtxGainInfo.uiBGain;
                          IME_RetInex[WDR_Value].ExagGain = GetRtxGainInfo.uiEGain;
      These values can be found at 0x6A8E58 offset for 1.40 unpacked firmware:

Code:
      //////////////////////////////////
      // WDR
      //////////////////////////////////
      IME_RETINEX IME_RetInex[HDR_LEVEL_MAX] =
      {
        //GL_GAIN,GD_GAIN,LL_GAIN,LD_GAIN,R_GAIN,G_GAIN,B_GAIN,ExGain, SubRatio;
        //{ 0x400,   0x3CC,  0x4CC,   0x4CC,   0x499,   0x499,    0x499,   0x000,  40},

{ 0x466,   0x352,  0x49a,   0x49a,   0x4cd,   0x4cd,    0x4cd,   0x000,  25},

{ 0x400,   0x366,  0x4CC,   0x4CC,   0x499,   0x499,    0x499,   0x000,  40},
        { 0x499,   0x333,  0x500,   0x500,   0x500,   0x500,    0x500,   0x000,  25},
        { 0x500,   0x300,  0x533,   0x533,   0x533,   0x533,    0x533,   0x000,  25},
        { 0x533,   0x2CC,  0x566,   0x566,   0x599,   0x599,    0x599,   0x000,  19},
        { 0x599,   0x299,  0x5CC,   0x5CC,   0x5CC,   0x5CC,    0x5CC,   0x000,  19},
        { 0x599,   0x299,  0x633,   0x633,   0x699,   0x699,    0x699,   0x000,  16},
        { 0x599,   0x299,  0x533,   0x533,   0x733,   0x733,    0x733,   0x400,  12}
      };
      Does anyone have any ideas what to do with these values in order to fit 0-255 RGB values into 16-236 range?
      Last edited by nutsey; 06-17-2017, 06:36 PM.
      If you find this site useful and interesting please feel free to support it by clicking highlighted text links and the banner below.

Comment

• nutsey
        nutsey commented
        Editing a comment
        Report #1:
        Changing values to 0x400, 0x400, 0x400, 0x400, 0x400, 0x400, 0x400, 0x000, 0x19 disables any visible WDR effect.

• independent
        independent commented
        Editing a comment
        In regards to this comment about WDR. Can you please explain how WDR actually works in these cams?

WDR proper is two exposures joined for extra exposure latitude. Digital WDR does something digitally..

Also WDR using the full 0-255 bit depth for the channels?

I read somewhere that 0-255 and 16-235 use all 8 bits of information but just crammed into the TV colour space in 16-235? So confused here.

Many thanks in advance for your reply

I just found this RamCam test of Gitup1
      The Impact Test at 2:11 is the best!

https://youtu.be/g6HmIfzewyI

Comment

nutsey any idea why Nlogo dont work with gitup git 1? I want to change the boot logo, any idea how to solve it with the latest firmware 1.4? I get jpeg error message when i read the firmware. Best regards

Comment

nutsey Hello again. This is in regard to possible framerates on this camera. I am looking at standardizing and thought that 30fps would be a great speed to standardize on but have recently learned that youtube only accepts 30fps encoded at 29.997fps.

My research suggests all git1 and git2 do 30fps proper. Which is a pain.

That leads me to think that 1080p24 or 1080p60 would better suit what I'm doing. I've ordered a git1 from Aliexpress (as well as a git2p90 from banggood) and wondering if I should cancel my git1 order before it is sent.

That is, unless the git1 firmware can do 1080p24 by way off modding?

Please help. Thanks in advance for your reply

Comment

• nutsey
            nutsey commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi. Don't cancel Git1, it's a good camera. And I'm sure it can do 1080p24.

• independent
            independent commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks!

10 char

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4t...ew?usp=sharing
          Shot in 1080p30 (High bitrate, Flat color) with MOD2 firmware. The lens is MGCOOL's 'Sharkeye'.

Comment

nutsey Hi. Thanks for the file sample. It's fantastic.

Can you please let me know what's involved in trying to see if 1080p24 is possible with this camera?

Thank you in advance for your reply

Comment

• independent
              independent commented
              Editing a comment
              OK. My git1 doesn't accept any firmware upgrades. I have tried the modded firmware 1.4, old firmwares 1.3 1.2, old method and new method of upgrade, two different cables, different cards. Different batteries.

Stumped. Is there any key combo that needs to be pressed or can be pressed to enable a firmware update. It's locked at GIT1_V1.40_2016719

EDIT:
              Looking at the Novatek Dashcamtalk page one thing someone says is a broken bootloader defaults to direct USB. My git1 doesn't ask which usb mode I'd like to choose when connecting to a computer. Could a bad firmware update have caused this problem? Bricking the bootloader and stopping any firmware updates? If this is not the correct place for this I can delete this comment and start a new thread. Thanks again in advance for your reply.
              Last edited by independent; 09-05-2017, 12:45 AM. Reason: Added information

• nutsey
              nutsey commented
              Editing a comment
              Have you managed to reflash it? My Git1 has absolutely no problems with flashing MOD2/SE and default 1.4 in any combination...

• independent
              independent commented
              Editing a comment
              No. Spent most of an afternoon on it. It looks like a faulty item. I'll see what I can get back from Aliexpress.

Interestingly, it was your comment that allowed me to figure out the camera was at fault:
              https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/thread...5/#post-274366
              Last edited by independent; 09-07-2017, 02:05 AM. Reason: added information

MOD3 added (see the first post in this thread). Active menu items changed to orange for better usability.

Comment

• nutsey
              nutsey commented
              Editing a comment
              Dex Hope that Tobias has enough free time to release something new soon.

So for now I had to mod the palette in hex editor

• Tobi@s
              Tobi@s commented
              Editing a comment
              Unfortunately nothing ready to release, yet. Hope I'll manage to release it soon though

• Dex
              Dex commented
              Editing a comment
              Nutsey, you tricky guy! ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

MOD4 is under testing: https://drive.google.com/file/d/193H...w?usp=drivesdk

Sharpness, noise reduction and gamma curve were adjusted. ​​​​​Don't forget to use full chroma range (0-255) when opening this demo footage.
            Last edited by nutsey; 01-08-2018, 01:55 PM.

Comment

One more demo footage for MOD4: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ekd...ew?usp=sharing

Adjustments are the same with listed above plus edge sharpening is off.

Comment

Git1 MOD4 low-light test.

Comment

Git1 MOD4 with Git2P 90-degree lens.

SPOILER

What do you think? Is it flat enough? What else should be adjusted?

PS: And yes, now you can use that spoiler bbcode to hide anything you want.
                  Last edited by nutsey; 03-21-2018, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Could you explain how to mod the values of Sharpness on a NT96660 firmware?

Comment

• nutsey
                      nutsey commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I know there are some 16x8 tables where 64 (0x40) value is set by default, but I haven't tried modifying it for 660 firmwares yet.

Nice flat image. Where did you find the gamma curves? I have only found the GammaLUT_128Ta. But this only applies when WDR is on.

Comment

• nutsey
                      nutsey commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I haven't found any gamma curves exept GammaLUT_128Tab as well.
                  Working...
                  X