Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW Elephone Elite 4K firmware 20170208v1.0

Hi,

I have an Explorer Elite 4K since Christmas, purchased on Am*zonM*rket official Elephone store (or so they tell...). Soon I noticed that my cam didn't admit the 20161223v1.0 firm, so I had to install the 20160810V1.0 firm that I found in this forum.

Immediately I contacted the seller trying to get the newest firm and explaining him some bugs of the camera, but seller told me that they were in contact with development team and that as soon they had a new firm, they will send it to me...

Well, a few weeks ago they sent me this new firm, and after installing and testing it, I told him that it seemed correct and that he should publish it on the official forum. But I haven't seen it until now. That's because I want to share it.

I'm not an exhaustive user of the camera, but I've noticed that the gyro stabilizer now works correctly on both axis, not only on horizontal as before. The 720p120 mode also works correctly, but its selection is not very intuitive, as many other options neither are (i.e. files deletion). I suppose that these menu corrections will never be done.

The firm consists of 2 files and an update guide:
    • The loader.
    • The firmware.
    • The update guide. This guide is well known in this forum, but it's incomplete in this case, because both .bin files (FW and LD) must be together in the microSD, not only the FW one. Remember this or your cam could get bricked and I sincerely don't know if it could be recovered using old 20160810V1.0 firm or not.
    Summary: get an empty microSD card and extract both .bin files to it. Then remove the battery of the cam, put the microSD in it and connect the cam via USB to a PC or charger. Firm begins to flash and finishes after 30 seconds or more. Be patient and wait a little more. When stops blinking, unplug the USB cable, extract the microSD (and erase the .bin files if you plan to use it on the cam again) and put the battery back.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170306_093136 (Small).jpg
Views:	1197
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	2597

Once the new firm has been installed, another consideration: the app that must be used to control the camera is now the "Explorer Elite_v2" one, version 1.0.3 nowadays on the Google Play store. The old app will not connect to the camera anymore.

Finally, I would remember you that you must use this firm at your own risk, I've given you all information I have about my case but I can't be responsible if errors appear when you update your cameras.

I wish this post was helpful. Best regards!
    Last edited by Margano; 03-06-2017, 11:25 AM. Reason: Added cam version picture.

I understand how to install the firmware, but I do not understand where to install the loader...

Comment

Originally posted by miki.zabac View Post
      I understand how to install the firmware, but I do not understand where to install the loader...
      You must put both .bin files together in the SD card, the cam flashes them automatically in the upgrading process.

Comment

Can u update this files on zipshare?

Comment

Can u update this files on zipshare?
          Sorry, I can't.

Comment

I can not download this in my country, can u send mi this on mail ....

Comment

Thanks this worked well for me, but the blue light did not come on at the end of flashing. It still updated fine.
              much better software

Comment

I put both files in the micro sd card but did not help, my camera is still not working ... I'll try with usb programmer to reprogram the 8-pin chip ... if anyone knows more I would like to share here ..

Comment

Hi Miki,
                  Did you just copy the two bin files and nothing else. (they need to be unzipped first and the just the two bin files need to be copied onto the empty micro sd card)
                  FW96660A.bin and
                  LD96660A.bin are the only two files on the card

Comment

Jes only two unzipped files... And nothing ... I'll try to do it with usb programmer ... I have nothing to lose ... but I'm not sure if I can do that with this firmware ... or i needbs special bin. file...

Comment

Jes only two unzipped files... And nothing ... I'll try to do it with usb programmer ... I have nothing to lose ... but I'm not sure if I can do that with this firmware ... or i needbs special bin. file...
                      Have you tried flashing with 20161223v1.0 or 20160810V1.0 files?

Comment

no , it's loader the same? on my camera constantly blinking red light without battery ... and when the battery in the camera then constant red light...

this is the boar of my elecam exlorer elite 4k

Name:	IMG_20170308_0904421.jpg
Views:	1309
Size:	233.2 KB
ID:	2676

Name:	IMG_20170308_0903551.jpg
Views:	1246
Size:	214.4 KB
ID:	2675
                        Last edited by miki.zabac; 03-09-2017, 11:52 AM.

Comment

• AussieKev
                          AussieKev commented
                          Editing a comment
                          These are Extral SJ9000 aka BangGood/Gearbest SJ8000 PCB's used in Elite only ElE removed the two front panel LED's or in some, disconnected.

• miki.zabac
                          miki.zabac commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I know, it is Novateck chip but difference in the sensor elephone elite 4k is IMX078 ,and sj8000 IMX117 .... then is not the same firmware... sorry for my english

• AussieKev
                          AussieKev commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Oh yes, many firmware changes have been made. Unfortunately they are all IMX078 sensors just incorrect advertising - for example Elephone for Explorer Pro list IMX117 sensor but is actually IMX078 and same cam as SooCoo C30/C30R cam but at least SooCoo now corrected specifications on their site and show IMX078. Honesty is not their best attribute in marketing!

I am still not been lucky, I've tried reprogram 8 pin chip with a eeprom programmer ... i still camera is broken ... I tried all three firmware and nothing ...

Comment

miki.zabac here is the flash dump probable structure for another NT96660 based camera (Soocoo C30): Click image for larger version  Name:	8278898.jpg Views:	1 Size:	12.3 KB ID:	2728

Where:
                          00 - loader
                          01 - ITRON BCL partition
                          02 - ???
                          03 - eCos/IQ BCL partition
                          04 - ???
                          05 - ??? looks like tailing bytes

I suppose you need to reconstruct this structure before flashing.
                          The dump itself is here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4t...ew?usp=sharing
                          Last edited by nutsey; 03-11-2017, 11:28 AM.
                          Donate here if you want to support my efforts and this site.

Email me if you have any offers, requests or ideas.

Comment

tnx , i'll try with this bin. file .... is there any program that can unpacking bin. file?

Comment

Working...
                            X